Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
Yes. All kinds of experimental bs is performed on toiletries in my house. And the kids are spaced so that when one grows out of that phase, another grows into it. I remember playing chemist with my mom's uber expensive skin care stuff. Maybe it's genetic.
it's better than being a pyro, which I was slightly when I was younger.. I am SO glad my kids were nowhere near as dangerous and insane as I was..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
or walking in the door and being practically knocked over by the smell of nail polish and finding a freshly painted baby and bathroom floor..
Ha! One of my gd's did an awesome job of painting her nails (& feet, etc., you know how there "paint jobs" go) with what she must have thought was nail polish. Only it wasn't, it was a bottle of auto touch-up paint for my son's jeep... that stuff had to wear off!

Lessons learned all the way around there!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 PM

it's amazing what they'll find and decide it's a good idea to put on or in their body. The worst part is how fast it can happen. I'd forgotten how slippery little kids can be.

BTW, I found cuckoo clocks in the PX yesterday. They ranged from about $225 - 800. I'm definitely going to get one for the new place one of these days.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
it's amazing what they'll find and decide it's a good idea to put on or in their body. The worst part is how fast it can happen. I'd forgotten how slippery little kids can be.

BTW, I found cuckoo clocks in the PX yesterday. They ranged from about $225 - 800. I'm definitely going to get one for the new place one of these days.
Yes they are definitely quick and sneaky little boogers!

Ah, the clocks are not cheap, even there I see! If you happen on a place there that will ship them or that has a website, please do send me the contact info.

So, did you get the house? That sounds ideal! And as far as the weather, is this their winter time? No doubt quite a change from SA!

What about prices on things? Sounds like the price for the house is comparable. And how is the food and you getting along?

Great to hear from you & hope things continue to go your way for ya! We're getting a educational tour second-hand! Take care!

Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM

It's allegedly spring here, but not quite the same spring as SA has.. this is more what I should be used to being from Michigan and all, but I haven't had to deal with it in decades. Things are a bit more expensive, but luckily the Euro is getting hamnmered (currently under $1.27 for the first time in quite a while), so that helps a little. My out of pocket expenses are pretty minimal, though. One of the perks about working for a very large company is they have a ton of resources for you, so the hotel, rental, and airfare were all direct-billed to the company. I even get my first paycheck next week; all one week of it.. that'll be nice as I haven't been getting anything other than my retirement and disability since the beginning of the month.
I will be investigating cuckoo clocks and quite a few other things this weekend along with moving to the new place. At least I won't be bored.. supposed to be a "heat wave" too, with temps all the way in the 70s.. woohoo

Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Guy with hat is LatinoCowboy, other mysterious lady (not in white jacket) is PopsGuysRule.
Noppers, lady in the white jacket is KYFilly! Latino Cowboy in the back...don't remember the other lady...only that she was not really happy with major health issues she had and the care she was finding difficult to obtain here under Tricare.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Noppers, lady in the white jacket is KYFilly! Latino Cowboy in the back...don't remember the other lady...only that she was not really happy with major health issues she had and the care she was finding difficult to obtain here under Tricare.
Was I there? Maybe itsawomanthing?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 AM

The guy that makes the Black Forest cuckoo clocks will actually be at the PX here on 2 June and will personalize it (no clue what that means). I am so getting one then. The ones with people are all over $300, though, but I doubt this opportunity will present itself again, so I'm all over it.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Go for it, RD! That sounds like a great price!

Enjoy your new discoveries, 'tis always a fun time!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM

'tis also seriously freezing here tonight.. Went to my first soccer game in a bar tonight and that was pretty fun, except Munich lost to Chelsea. I was never a soccer fan, but watching it around a bunch of fans was fun. The day was actually the warmest I've seen since I got here, until the thunderstorm hit and then it was teeth chattering time. Of course I was the only one, but there's always gotta be one of those...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio