Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,566 times

Advertisements

On the south and west sides of town are far worse with lazy people not putting their baskets in one of those basket corrals. I have watched people just leave a basket and the basket corral is 10ft away...lazy is all I have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 11:22 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
I don't care what people wear to the grocery store just as long as I don't have to see any nastiness.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 PM

65 posts, read 116,239 times
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
To the woman that always tends to bring her 5 kids and lets them orbit her shopping cart get a leash, babysitter, after school care program, or find a time to shop when those brats are in school. Im sorry but i dont want to run over your bastard child and have you sue me later for your inability to keep your child at your side.

Yes im sure this will generate well what if she cant afford daycare, afterschool yada yada yada...chances are this stereo-typical mother qualifies for assistance and is probably already utilizing some form of daycare that she doesnt have to pay for. Save the excuses. Leave the brats at home. Try not to make a family affair out of a trip to the grocery store. The aisles at heb hardly allow one cart in one cart out let alone your one cart followed by its orbiting nuisances. Its really not necessary for all 5 kids to tag along and voice their grocery list request.

My other gripe is seriously wear something decent out in public. I dont care to see the massive amounts of hail damage that is splattered across your rear thighs. If you have more hail damage than a trailer in east texas chances are you shouldnt be wearing the booty shorts or spandex shorts you think look great on you. Pajamas and goofy house slippers should be worn at home not to the grocery store I get it you're 16 and you think its cute...to the rest of society you look like a lazy idiot. How hard is it to put on jeans and a t-shirt or some decent sweatpants.

Thank you that is all.
Completely agree with the 'feral children' in the shopping aisles. HEB and Walmart seem to be the worst for it. I don't much care for shopping at HEB, but Walmart does have wide enough aisles that you can sometime maneuver your cart inbetween the 'parentally challenged pylons'.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
I, on the other hand, love it when I'm walking through the aisles to my destination aisle to get my item and I see a girl bending down to the lower shelf or bent over looking at something & I get a GREAT view of her.....assets, whether rear or frontal. Never fails to brighten my grocery store sojourn.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 AM

93 posts, read 95,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I, on the other hand, love it when I'm walking through the aisles to my destination aisle to get my item and I see a girl bending down to the lower shelf or bent over looking at something & I get a GREAT view of her.....assets, whether rear or frontal. Never fails to brighten my grocery store sojourn.
Problem is, in this day and age, they are usually overweight and the view is nothing short of...what the other poster said..nastiness.
In SA, if they are over 20, they probably have 3 kids too.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehoner View Post
Problem is, in this day and age, they are usually overweight and the view is nothing short of...what the other poster said..nastiness.
Hmmmm.....yes, there are many examples of these, as well, but there are still quite a few lookers out there. Nothing like a good whaletail on a gorgeous gal to grab your attention and perk up your day.

P.S. Your name is awesome, considering the subject matter.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehoner View Post
I'm going to beg to differ on this because I happen to know Soviet lives over here in Stone Oak. My husband and I talk all the time about the posts here about everyone in SA being overweight. While I'm not questioning that it's a problem, I do find that there are alot of fit ladies over in my neck of the woods. Lifetime is hopping so if you'd like a better view you might wander out this way

Old 11-30-2011, 07:24 AM

93 posts, read 95,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
I'm going to beg to differ on this because I happen to know Soviet lives over here in Stone Oak. My husband and I talk all the time about the posts here about everyone in SA being overweight. While I'm not questioning that it's a problem, I do find that there are alot of fit ladies over in my neck of the woods. Lifetime is hopping so if you'd like a better view you might wander out this way
I don't need the view (happily married here),it's the other poster.
Lots of fatties and in shape ladies in SO as well. Lived there for 4 years.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM

& here comes the other poster! Yes, Lifetime does have quite a few good-looking moms, but the carbon footprint was weighing down on me & I didn't like the monthly fees. Now I just lift at home & run in Stone Oak Park. The supply of fit hotties of all ages isn't as regular as Lifetime, but when I encounter one, its always a pleasant surprise. It's great to catch up to them & have a conversation. & if they have iPod headphones? Just run behind them & enjoy the show Great motivation!

Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 AM

418 posts, read 784,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
This is a really funny thread. This is what I've learned so far about shoppers in San Antonio
- Some hate people that don't say "excuse me" and "sorry". Some hate those who do
- Some people hate those who pay with checks, other those who pay with credit cards, some those who pay with cash
- Some people hate those who rush through the stores like they were in a timed shopping spree, some hate those who take things easy and don't rush throught the stores
- Some hate people from other cultures who don't follow local conventions of courtesy. Other hate people from other cultures.
- Some people hate HEB, others hate Walmart, others hate Target

Bottom line: people hate other people. Hatred seems to be the sport of recent times.
I don't hate people...

I just dislike obnoxious behavior when it has a negative effect
on others... that seems to resonate with a lot of people given
the response to this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio