Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM

288 posts, read 922,826 times

Advertisements

I just need a quick answer from someone...we are recently new customers of Aqua Texas water service in Bandera County. We were under the impression that the base charge of 20,000 gallons that we have to pay was all we would pay if we don't exceed 20,000 gallons. We only used 800 gallons this past month and were were charged an additional $2.89. We have a $58 water bill for 800 gallons of water. Please explain?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 AM

343 posts, read 681,915 times
Default Aqua North Carolina (Gauging Us Too)

I pay about $100 per month for my sewer and water from Aqua America if I use the minimum water allowed. I am trying to fire this water company from my neighborhood. If that is possible.

I have been warning as many people as I can to not buy property anywhere this water company is your water supplier.

Please help the fight and warn people in Texas also.

I have written letter after letter to Governor Bev Purdue and our Mayor Pat McCrory. I send them a copy of my water bill every month. Maybe someone out there will eventually help us.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM

4,051 posts, read 5,610,170 times
Have you called and asked them? I have Aqua Texas also and haven't heard of such a rule. But I'll admit I'm probably not very well informed about it. TV news in S.A. had a few news reports a while back about a recent problem where RO system went out and people were complaining.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,821,836 times
Have you all contacted the TCEQ ? As you know those water rates are a crime.

Aqua Texas 1-877-987-2782

TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) 1-512-339-2929

You may find the helpful www.patrickrose.com/issues/aqua-texas

Last edited by wellguy; 08-13-2009 at 12:51 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM

343 posts, read 681,915 times
Default Reported Aqua America

I reported Aqua America to the Better Business Bureau about the huge increase in our sewer and water bill. I got a phone call from them defending themselves of why they increased the bill. They claim it was to give us better quality water. We in NC have not seen any such better quality water since the increase.

We are trying to fire this water company from our neighborhood.

How is the quality of water in Texas from Aqua America?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Our water is local, from the same 2-neighborhood well to the aquifer that we had before. There was a lawsuit at one time...some thought they should have been informed about the bad water before they bought here. That was before Aqua came along to handle it. I don't trust the water that Aqua filters and treats somewhat...never have...I don't drink it. It's pretty hard water, bacterial contamination, but they claim it is safe now. Many people here have RO systems at the house.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Our water is local, from the same 2-neighborhood well to the aquifer that we had before. There was a lawsuit at one time...some thought they should have been informed about the bad water before they bought here. That was before Aqua came along to handle it. I don't trust the water that Aqua filters and treats somewhat...never have...I don't drink it. It's pretty hard water, bacterial contamination, but they claim it is safe now. Many people here have RO systems at the house.
Have you all ever asked for a Consumer Confidence Report or Composite Analysis? If they have had positive bacterial samples were you notified?
Have you all ever contacted the TCEQ? They have a regional office here in San Antonio and they will answer any questions and investigate problems /complaints.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 11,277 times
I just moved to a community in Nov and received a water bill of 100 dollars. I thought it was a mistake and they explained the sewer will always be 65 dollars. My water usage charge was only 17 dollars. I am a single parent and i did not anticipate my water bill to be just as much as my light bill. I would like to fire them from my community Magonlia Villiage in Clayton, NC. I cant believe they are the only ones who provide water for the community.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan27603 View Post
I just moved to a community in Nov and received a water bill of 100 dollars. I thought it was a mistake and they explained the sewer will always be 65 dollars. My water usage charge was only 17 dollars. I am a single parent and i did not anticipate my water bill to be just as much as my light bill. I would like to fire them from my community Magonlia Villiage in Clayton, NC. I cant believe they are the only ones who provide water for the community.
Reading what I about this Company it appears that you all are geeting the Big Texas Boot. As you know sewer charges are usually higher than water charges because of the cost to treat the sewage.

Please refer to my post #4 and ask to speak to someone (TCEQ) in the Public Drinking Water Area.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Out here we don't have sewer charges because we're on septic tanks in this rural place. BTW, I have no respect for the TCEQ. We've been fighting a developer, Baruch Properties, that wants to destroy our area by putting thousands of houses and other amenities in a high-density development called Hills of Castle Rock...right next to our little subdivision. TCEQ would not consider any decision involving the impact it would have as far as the scarcity of water in the area. It would only take evidence in a very limited way regarding the developer's plan to put in a small waste water treatment plant, without sufficient safeguards. Also their plan to simply dump treated effluent into a creek in the area. They decided in favor of the developer. Our only hope is that the courts will rule against them. The residents fighting them have extremely limited resources, while Baruch has teams of expensive lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio