Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:21 PM

61,172 posts, read 85,998,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Yup, I ordered from Amazon this year. They came by this week when I was at work and left me a note saying to pick up my order at my nearest post office. However, the previous Amazon order was left at my doorstep. Don't know why? Perhaps it is the size of the order???
I ordered from Amazon just two days ago. They sent me a confirmation email that Ensenda ( their shipping company ) is going to deliver my order to my work today, between 8AM and 8PM. Got the tracking #. Checked on it, and nothing changed since 9 PM yesterday, when they arrived at Local Doc - Grand Prairie, TX.
Now is after 5 PM, I am sitting in the office and waiting. It sucks. FedEx /UPS has a better tracking system.
And who the heck is Ensenda anyway? I ordered many things from Amazon in the last few years, and never had anything delivered by Ensenda. Amazon uses it for some shipments for Amazon Prime, but my order was just regular Super Saver...
Ensenda has bad reputation anyway...
Amazon Prime Customers Don't Like Ensenda, Either - The Consumerist
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Amazon using "Ensenda" carrier service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,672,989 times
I shop almost exclusively from Amazon and have had stuff delivered by Ensenda many times. Never really had a problem with them. The interesting thing is that they actually knock on the door. UPS just walks up, puts the package down and splits. (the iPhone was from Sprint and delivered via UPS)

Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Well, I have 2,5 hrs more to wait. I wish they would not deliver it that late... However, can't complaint, because they are still in the time frame.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,122,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraptree View Post
If one is going through rough times. Economy, jobs, and all. Has to resort to stealing food for their family. Then that sucks. I can't condone it, but can understand it a little.
There is NO excuse for stealing, there are ALWAYS some type of job available.

I'd go to work cleaning the bathroom of a McDonalds if it meant putting food on the table for my family.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Job = get up, shower, dress properly, show up at work on time and actually do something for the money, preferably with a smile on a face.
Stealing is just so much easier and exciting!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,890,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Stealing is just so much easier and exciting!
Oh yeah, I can make it real exciting for them!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,199 times
Something that hasn't been mentioned here is to check your money...counterfeitering is rampant this time of year. I wouldn't accept $100.00 or $50.00 dollar bills right now either not even from a bank. I have a relative that works for a local store in SA and she has been told to check EVERYTHING $20.00 and up.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 PM

302 posts, read 1,149,922 times
I suspect I may have had my UPS deliveries stolen from my porch this afternoon. After seeing this Packages stolen from porches in NE Side | News - Home newscast last week, it did raise my awareness to the possibility. But, I'm home on vacation and UPS usually shows up around 5. I would be there to receive my packages thus allaying major worries about it. Or so I thought? Come early evening when I did not see my packages/UPS, I tracked them to find: "Delivered. On porch, 1:30 pm" ACK!! I really hope this is just a clerical error and my items are still on their way to me, but I can't help to fear they've been stolen.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:07 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,747,687 times
Also could have been left at the wrong addy - happens pretty often!

Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 PM

302 posts, read 1,149,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Also could have been left at the wrong addy - happens pretty often!
Yes sir, that would be a nice ending to this story!
But... a check with the adjacent neighbors and both telephone UPS tracking and contacting a UPS agent indicate delivery at my correct address. I've been directed to contact the merchant in order to initiate a lost package investigation at this point.

Here is the process should anyone else find themselves in the situation:
UPS: Lost Package Claims Process

I suppose my above post seems, admittedly, quick to be accusational. However after having the front door of my home kicked in and my longhorn and feral hog skulls stolen from my landscape in 2 separate incidents just this year. The suspicion does not go without at least some degree of justification.

Of course, I'd be most happy to have it work out your way. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio