Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 PM

164 posts, read 329,767 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been able to successfully talk down Time Warner Cable a bit when signing up for new service.

I am looking to get internet (10 mbps) and basic cable with hd box.

The total when I go through their site is 68..

Anyway, anyone paying cheaper than that for the same setup?

or

How have you talked them down?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-22-2011 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: title edited to reflect subject
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,240 times
Stay away from Time Warner. There are much better choices out there.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 AM

239 posts, read 442,141 times
tell them if they don't give you a better price you will sell their 1st born....that works every time for me...especially when i buy a new car or a smoke detector

Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 AM

262 posts, read 433,324 times
I had basic cable and a basic internet connection, and my price had eventually increased to $114 with taxes. They will give you a cheap offer, and then raise the prices every six months until you are paying the maximum. I ended up dropping cable, so now they are doing the same thing with me for my internet. Was already paying the max, and even that is still going up--now up to $50/month.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:38 AM

The apartment complex I am at can only get time warner so I am stuck..

I would get direct tv but my balcony doesnt face the right way..

I figure I will only be at this place for a year or two...

Has anyone tried to ask if you can get the low price guarantee for longer than the 6 months?

Old 12-23-2011, 11:56 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,446,448 times
Good luck with that one....switched to ATT and grateful for the wonderful customer service we received....you do what you need to do but we have found ATT MUCH more receptive to folks that pay for services than we ever did TWC.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 PM

40 posts, read 48,710 times
you could always try verizon 4gLTE, clear or cricket wireless. big thumbs up for ATT DSL. excellent customer service, unlike time warner. dont have the issues time warner has with ATT (daily dropped signals, terrible latency, bad upstream)

Old 12-25-2011, 09:50 PM

If it means anything I dont think I want dsl.. much slower..

Old 12-26-2011, 12:39 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,446,448 times
Bottom line is after many years with TWC and allowing them to direct bill my credit card (meaning they don't have to chase and send out reminders about payments due) they treated us like crap when trying to negotiate a better deal. IF you are a new customer, switching to them without any idea of your willigness to pay on time, they will give you a GREAT deal....but they are not willing to do anything to KEEP your business.

Another factor is when our TWC box went out, you would have to disconnect, drive to their office, wait in a LONG line, switch out and bring home to hook up. With ATT you call and they come to the house, replace for you, and that is it. I LIKE that kind of customer service!

Old 12-26-2011, 01:02 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Bottom line is after many years with TWC and allowing them to direct bill my credit card (meaning they don't have to chase and send out reminders about payments due) they treated us like crap when trying to negotiate a better deal. IF you are a new customer, switching to them without any idea of your willigness to pay on time, they will give you a GREAT deal....but they are not willing to do anything to KEEP your business.

Another factor is when our TWC box went out, you would have to disconnect, drive to their office, wait in a LONG line, switch out and bring home to hook up. With ATT you call and they come to the house, replace for you, and that is it. I LIKE that kind of customer service!
That is good!! I've had to take my box to the local office, which was like waiting to get your drivers' license at the DPS. TW offered me a competitive price at the beginning, but steadily ratcheted it up over time. When I've noticed that it's too expensive, I'll usually call and ask them if they can lower it. This has worked for me so far, but probably because they were from two different addresses. Isn't $68/mo for that service a good rate? I pay about $118 with taxes for the INternet, nationwide phone and cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio