Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

Advertisements

I was traveling on Hwy 97 between Floresville & Stockdale on Sunday and we kept seeing those lighted digital sign trailers saying things like "Construction Crews and Volunteers only here. Spectator Parking Ahead." We thought that was kind of odd for that area especially for a Sunday morning. On further investigation we found out that the TV show Extreme Home Makeover has been shooting a segment out there. I don't know much about that program and I don't think I have ever watched it but I might watch that episode if I can find out when it will be aired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM

74 posts, read 175,974 times
I'm not sure when it will be aired probably later on this year, I do know this will be for the last epsoide it is suppose to be a two hour special. It comes on so many different stations now that I'm not even sure where to tell you to look. I will do some research and report back.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
It's being built for a wounded warrior that remains unknown to everybody including him/her. My nephew is doing some of the work on it. Unfortunately one of San Antonio's builders is involved and I can only hope for the best.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 AM

Ok so I found a little more on it. They actually aired their last eposiode on Friday. I guess they will have 4 specials this year. It will be on ABC. I thought I heard that they did one up in Bastrop a few months ago, not sure if I am correct on this. Anyways it is a good show and it a bummer it is going away.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharmingone View Post
Ok so I found a little more on it. They actually aired their last eposiode on Friday. I guess they will have 4 specials this year. It will be on ABC. I thought I heard that they did one up in Bastrop a few months ago, not sure if I am correct on this. Anyways it is a good show and it a bummer it is going away.
Thanks for the info. Is there a link I can check in on periodiclly to see when it will be aired? If I don't keep on my toes it will slip my mind and I'll miss the whole thing.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:33 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,526 times
I saw something on this mornings news on KSAT12.It is supposed to air in December,and Gordon Hartman,who is the builder of Morgan's Wonderland is the SA Builder invovled.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM

'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' films final show in South Texas | News - Home

Here is the link for the KSAT12 info on it.

As for when it airs they said sometime in December it will be their last show and a two hour special.

I would keep checking ABC.com and search Extreme Home Makeover around that time, for right now they have no info for it.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
It is going to be aired some time around Christmas because the bus (I've seen some pics on a facebook page by D&D Custom homes) has been decorated with a wreath and other decorations.

D&D Custom Homes Facebook page

Here's a link to some info if anyone wants to go out and watch: Morgan's Wonderland - The World's First Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park

The Harris family has been whisked off to Landstuhl during the build so they can spend time with other wounded warriors. Morgan's Wonderland - The World's First Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park

Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
They have announced the family as Morgans Wonderland has been posting pics of them on facebook.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:04 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Wasnt it ultimately a disaster last time they were here? I thought the people that got the home last time lost it a short time later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio