Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:46 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Hiya Paka....

I live near 1604 and Guilbeau..... which HEB can supply me with fresh tortillas?
Good GAWD, this thread has me salivating ...

If I have really good FRESH tortillas, I like to pop a few at a time into the microwave, then slather them with BUTTER!!! oohhhhh, my GAWD....
and I JUST today made a new commitment with my 'eating plan' and was good about 95% of the day....
But I can plan on a treat down the road with these fresh tortillas.... HURRY< HURRY!!! ROFL!!!!!

I know the one at 1604 and Culebra makes them...not too bad a drive for some FRESH, MADE IN FRONT OF YOU WHILE YOU WAIT tortillas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 AM

217 posts, read 752,091 times
Default Tortillas

I lived there for the longest time as did my mom and still my brother.
All I can say is ask the store manager when the tortilla truck comes in and get a nice warm pack from him. I find them on the shelves still warm every time I went to buy them. The factories down there have it to a science.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM

343 posts, read 1,305,216 times
HEB sells some that are in a silver colored chest. Usually by the deli section. According to the label, they are made in Mission, Texas.

I'm originally from the valley and these by far are almost like the tortillas I used to buy. The HEB by Guilbeau and Bandera sells them as well as the one on Culebra and 1604. I haven't seen them at the HEB by 1604 and Bandera.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 AM

178 posts, read 788,281 times
The best fresh tortillas are made at a place called La Suprema on Old Hwy 90 near SW 36th St, there are a few good places near there. Every time I'm in SA I have to go and stock up since you can't find anything that good in Dallas.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:13 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
I found fresh tortillas at HEB once near the bakery/deli area on a refrigerated type of display area. I can't remember if they were corn or flour but they were really good.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,382 times
I remember there was a place on Hildebrand not far from I-10 that was in a Q-hut type building. They made great tortillas and excellent masa. I wonder if it's still there?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Just wanted to revive this thread and let you guys know I finally tried the WHEAT tortillas from HEB. I love them! They taste just like flour tortillas. If anyone else is going to try them out, be sure you get the HEB-made ones, not the ones made by other companies.

They should say: HEB FLOUR TORTILLAS MADE FRESH IN STORE DAILY on the package, or at least have the HEB logo on it. I hear they go quick, so grab 'em while you can.

If you're looking for a great way to change up your meals and eat something healthy, this is a great way to start!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM

38 posts, read 87,184 times
There is actually a good place my dad goes to now he used to by the ones that come in a red and green package at HEB, now he goes to a place that is at the shopping ctr. on the corner of Castroville and Gen. Mcmullen, it's a sorta hole in the wall place cannot remember the name but it sells corn and flour tortillas and they are always making them fresh the corns ones that is. You can't miss it it has a Speedy Gonzales on the sign, and is by a rent to own company.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:46 AM

126 posts, read 478,394 times
I tried some tortillas at Sam's Club a few weeks ago and they were scrumptious! They sell a package of uncooked tortillas and you just cook as many as you need each time. And of course, they are super easy to cook - just throw on a griddle and flip! Then you have fresh warm tortillas at home. YUM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio