Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,399 posts, read 23,072,202 times
Reputation: 4435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
When I told the officer I didn't know the speed limit, it was because I'd assumed I missed a speed limit sign. It was only later that I found out there was none.
You keep saying there was no speed limit, and that's not true. There is always a speed limit, even when there isn't signage indicated it. You're just claiming you didn't/couldn't know what it is, which is arguable.

You yourself posted a map showing that Babcock is 30 MPH from 1604 to just past Kyle Seale, at which point it increases to 45 MPH. I suspect you only later learned that; but whatever you do, don't dare claim there wasn't a speed limit where you were cited!

 
Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
 
330 posts, read 1,377,375 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
You keep saying there was no speed limit, and that's not true. There is always a speed limit, even when there isn't signage indicated it. You're just claiming you didn't/couldn't know what it is, which is arguable.

You yourself posted a map showing that Babcock is 30 MPH from 1604 to just past Kyle Seale, at which point it increases to 45 MPH. I suspect you only later learned that; but whatever you do, don't dare claim there wasn't a speed limit where you were cited!
I think you misread my post. I said there was no speed limit sign. I don't think I've said even one time in this entire thread that there was no speed limit.
 
Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
 
554 posts, read 2,314,234 times
Reputation: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
When I told the officer I didn't know the speed limit, it was because I'd assumed I missed a speed limit sign. It was only later that I found out there was none.
The way you posted it made me think you meant you didn't know your speed. I see what you were trying to say though.
 
Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,287 posts, read 8,065,356 times
Reputation: 3938
I'm extremely tempted to drive this route & check out precisely what's going on. I know the roads involved, as I remember being on Luskey once, but I didn't see anything out od the ordinary at the time.

As for the 30 mph "default speed", I find it to be an umreasonable expectation for a major road to lack a speed limit sign and for us to assume that the limit is 30 mph. Again, this is conjecture & I have not driven the route in question....yet.

As for calling BCSO "punks", let's look at the evidence. An individual receieved a citation on a road without a speed limit sign for driving at a seemingly appropriate speed. Not only does it sound like a blatant speed trap using diahoneat tactics (lack of speed limit sign on major road) but the BCSO "officer" was seemingly unprofessional by being snarky to OP. Now, OP may be fudging info, but from the negative things I've seen over the years from punk LEO's, I doubt it. The good, honest, hard-working LEOs are still oit there, though & it is sad that they should be associated with pieces of trash like this one.
 
Old 01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,803 posts, read 2,635,077 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
As for the 30 mph "default speed", I find it to be an umreasonable expectation for a major road to lack a speed limit sign and for us to assume that the limit is 30 mph. Again, this is conjecture & I have not driven the route in question....yet.
doesnt matter if you find it 'umreasonable' or not, the law is the law. no sign present = 30mph default in urban neighborhoods. if you feel that its unfair, write your congress critter.

Quote:
As for calling BCSO "punks", let's look at the evidence. An individual receieved a citation on a road without a speed limit sign for driving at a seemingly appropriate speed.
if said individual had paid attention in drivers ed class, or read the handbook, said individual would know that in the absence of a speed limit sign, it defaults to 30mph.

Quote:
Not only does it sound like a blatant speed trap using diahoneat tactics (lack of speed limit sign on major road) but the BCSO "officer" was seemingly unprofessional by being snarky to OP.
people who get pulled over for breaking the law tend to exaggerate the circumstances. ill wager thats the case in this situation.


Quote:
Now, OP may be fudging info, but from the negative things I've seen over the years from punk LEO's, I doubt it.
possible but not unlikely. given his disdain for LEOs in general, ill wager the OP is leaving out a lot of information.

YMMV and IANAL.
 
Old 01-21-2012, 01:26 PM
 
6,707 posts, read 8,834,668 times
Reputation: 4877
You and your acronyms. You come up with a new one every day it seems like.
 
Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,803 posts, read 2,635,077 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
You and your acronyms. You come up with a new one every day it seems like.
eh, the ones ive used have been around for quite some time
 
Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,287 posts, read 8,065,356 times
Reputation: 3938
Truth be told, I've never heard of IANAL. Sounds a little dirty to me at first glance :/
 
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,803 posts, read 2,635,077 times
Reputation: 623
IANAL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you havent already.

yeah it does sound dirty at first glance
 
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
 
330 posts, read 1,377,375 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
but the BCSO "officer" was seemingly unprofessional by being snarky to OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
people who get pulled over for breaking the law tend to exaggerate the circumstances. ill wager thats the case in this situation.
It's not. I said in this thread that overall the officer was friendly, but his tone was bitter and snarky in his one sentence regarding the car I was driving. I stand by that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
possible but not unlikely. given his disdain for LEOs in general, ill wager the OP is leaving out a lot of information.
Where did you get that I have "disdain for LEOs?" Because I'm pleading not guilty to a speeding ticket? I have a lot of respect for the job officers do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
IANAL.
No kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top