U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM

57 posts, read 227,304 times

Advertisements

I just wondered if anybody here knows of a vet clinic in San Antonio or Bulverde that does "ear cropping"? I will call around but being new to area I don't know who does or doesn't. I asked at Pet Co and the vet there said it is a "specialty service" not taught in vet school so I will have to see unless somebody here knows...
Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2007, 02:50 PM

759 posts, read 3,528,882 times
Oh please, please PLEASE do not do this to your sweet new puppy. It is not necessary at all!!! Since you are not going to show her (or him), there is no need to put her through the pain of ear cropping. Please research this. Min pins look SO cute without cropped ears!!! It is cosmetic only!!! It is even against the law in the UK bc it is considered so cruel.

Just google this- "ear cropping cruel"

I hope you reconsider.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:09 PM

181 posts, read 638,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
Oh please, please PLEASE do not do this to your sweet new puppy. It is not necessary at all!!! Since you are not going to show her (or him), there is no need to put her through the pain of ear cropping. Please research this. Min pins look SO cute without cropped ears!!! It is cosmetic only!!! It is even against the law in the UK bc it is considered so cruel.

Just google this- "ear cropping cruel"

I hope you reconsider.
I completely agree!! What is the purpose of ear cropping?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I have to agree. It's pretty barbaric.

About the only reason to do the cosmetic surgeries like tail docking and ear cropping is if you have a hunting dog whose tail would get tangled and damaged by underbrush.

And even then, I'm willing to argue it's still barbaric.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:21 PM

247 posts, read 791,356 times
There is a reason more and more vet's don't do it.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:29 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,609,082 times
I talked my mom out of cropping her boxers ears years ago. When she looked up the info on what is done, how it's done, etc...she quickly changed her mind and hasn't regretted it one bit.

Please reconsider...this is probably one of the cruelest, most painful things to do to a dog.

And the above poster is right--a lot of vets won't do this anymore...along with declawing a cat...

Old 09-03-2007, 05:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 27,745,477 times
ahh, nice to see other people posted what I was thinking when I first saw this.. The OP should also post in the dog section and I'm sure they'll get even more information on this procedure...

Old 09-03-2007, 06:04 PM

The OP only had this "link" and didn't know there was more to the site. I have used the site for over a year and I found it originally on a search. I thought this message board was to seek and offer information regarding the San Antonio area. Sorry to inconvience anybody and thanks for your opinions. I will seek my information in other venues. Post now officially ended.... No further replies solicitated or needed...

Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I feel sorry for your dog.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:15 AM

I am a former vet tech... Don't feel sorry for my pets they are treated better than most children. They are taken to the vet on schedule, and on heartworm, fleas, tick, programs. Vaccinations are done on time--every year. They have soft cozy beds, full feed and water and more toys than Walmart. They have daily walks and tummy rubs, and kisses many times a day. They have a fully fensed and secure yard with lots of shade and a doggie door to come out of the elelment at leasure. It is the standard for Min Pins to have their ears cropped and tails docked. This particular little cuttie is perfect but hers ears are verry long and will be prone to ear infections as to the heavyness and lenght of them. I have seen many dogs with horrible ear infections from this type of ear. So it is not just "cosmetic". Also, the reason most vets don't do it has nothing to do with "your statements"... It is not taught in vet school as it is a specialty that veterinarians learn after graduation if they chose to offer this service.
So how do your pets fair? You seem like the type to worry about everybody elses business while your own suffers... They probably are over due on vaccinations, left to have puppies/kittens at will and roam the nieghborhoods. Have a great day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio