Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times

Advertisements

I see cops at intersections watch people running red lights all the time. Stop signs completely disregarded and blown with total abandon. We have more cops and better trained and paid than ever and yet....little traffic enforcement. This is about as bad as I can recall such lawlessness on our streets. Instead of renaming neighborhoods and our long standing street names, perhaps city council and the mayor should suggest better law enforcement on our streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:50 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,845 times
If I had a choice, I would prefer that the SAPD get a handle on the drunk drivers first, then crack down on the red light violations, and finally, please, please, please....start enforcing the ban on texting while driving!!!!!!! Every day I have to pass someone on the right while doing the speed limit plus 5 or 6 that is in the left lane, going 15-20mph under the speed limit while texting or talking.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times
Word, on my way to work this morning I saw someone in the lane next to me blow through a red light at Culebra/410. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people flagrantly run red lights here...like it was way red before they even entered the intersection.

I would totally support more red-light cameras if it actually reduces red-light running. I don't think the excuse that it "causes" more rear-end accidents is an excuse. What causes a rear-ender is someone following the car in front of them too closely - you're supposed to leave enough room to be able to avoid an accident if someone has to slam on their brakes.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
You want to reduce the number of red light runners in SA?!?

Slam on your brakes when you see a yellow light!

It make cause a few accidents, but after a while people will learn what the colors mean!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,568 times
I thought San Antonio had red light cameras?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
hmmm, now where does SA get all the craptastic drivers from? maybe from following absolutely asinine advice from an online forum? possibly...

red light cameras are a massive fail, utilized ONLY to generate revenue. You can't get LE to do their job around here. It's been debated ad nauseum here and only the couple of fanboys think they're worth anything more than the breakfast taco stains on their shirts.. that intersection is awful and I've personally been hit there and saw a couple of drivers get slammed by the red light runners. The fool that hit me just wasn't paying any attention and took his foot off the brake pedal while he was stopped (yes, I know that technically means you're going, not stopped..).
So, you're basically stuck wasting time at yet another stupid intersection because your fellow neightors can't even spell the word responsibility.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
If I had a choice, I would prefer that the SAPD get a handle on the drunk drivers first, then crack down on the red light violations, and finally, please, please, please....start enforcing the ban on texting while driving!!!!!!! Every day I have to pass someone on the right while doing the speed limit plus 5 or 6 that is in the left lane, going 15-20mph under the speed limit while texting or talking.
How do you know if they're drunk if you don't pull them over?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:27 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
I saw SO many cars red light running in Houston this past weekend. It was freaking me out. Felt a million times worse than anything I saw in San Antonio.

Granted, that's not an excuse for being lenient on it here, but.....it could be worse. Which we don't want it to be.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM

4,324 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
I thought San Antonio had red light cameras?
No. Balcones Heights has them, though.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,989 times
There are people that actually want red light cameras? They were in College Station when I first moved here but a referendum was held and they were voted out. I saw near-accidents almost daily because of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio