Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:56 PM

282 posts, read 472,164 times

Advertisements

Heading to work downtown this morning at about 8:45ish, on the stretch of 281 between the Quarry and UIW, I counted 12 cement mixers heading north. 12 cement mixers! 12! One by one, in a straight line. What a sight. Assuming they're full, that's 108 cu. yards of concrete, a whoooole lot of concrete if you ask me! I didn't catch the company name on the trucks but somebody sure made a lot of money this morning. I'm really curious as to where they were heading. Did anybody else see them around town or maybe at a construction site?

Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 PM

410 posts, read 923,649 times
On my way home yesterday, on 151, a loud-patterned sofa straight out of the 70's taking a piggy back ride atop of an old station wagon. (An actual station wagon ) Looked immediately to driver, yep---just as I suspected, man had his arm out the window holding on to the piece of furniture for dear life. Yes sir, your awesome ninja grip will anchor it if it decides to take flight.

This morning, on Potranco, late model Jeep with a rather odd-looking stick family decal, looked closer at the light, turned out to be zombies. Father, mother, son, and even Rover was represented. Unsure how to feel. Heart smile?? I decide to keep my distance...............

Old 06-18-2013, 04:43 PM

A Tree Grows in The Rim

"This is SanAntonianByChoice and I would like to welcome you to The Rim in beautiful San Antonio. Spanning over 2 million sqare feet of wide open space, The Rim is located in one of the city's most desirable growth areas. Current activity and prospective plans include over 100 premier stores, restaurants, as well as luxury residences. On your right you will see a......Dollar Tree."

My sister was in town so I figured I'd take her to The Rim. I admit, I have been there just once before. I like to do my shopping all under one cool, air-conditioned roof, but off we went. Imagine my surprise when I saw the Dollar Tree logo on one of the directory signs. Was I hallucinating from the scorching heat? Did I not hydrate properly? Nope, this was no mirage. That there tree was real and it bears dollar-priced fruits.

Last edited by SanAntonianByChoice; 06-18-2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM

520 posts, read 782,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
This morning, on Potranco, late model Jeep with a rather odd-looking stick family decal, looked closer at the light, turned out to be zombies. Father, mother, son, and even Rover was represented. Unsure how to feel. Heart smile?? I decide to keep my distance...............
You can get those at Books-a-Million.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM

Driving on 410, a giant Go Spurs Go flag waving to and fro over McCombs Ford Dealership, waving proudly in the wind and sitting just below our Stars and Stripes. Meanwhile, fluttering of a different type, butterflies in tummy waiting for tonight's game.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM

On my way home yesterday on Hwy 90, I spotted a blue Mazda 3 with shoe polish on all windows and on the body of car itself: “Honk if you love da Spurs!” amongst other phrases. I honked a couple of times and smiled to myself. Proud of my impromptu show of support.

Switch to this morning, well, we lost. But wow, what an amazing series. I am super proud of our Spurs, of the way they carried themselves on court. As a team they battled hard, individually, our guys played without self-importance, inflated egos, exaggerated celebratory gestures, or bravado. They don’t need those tactics to stir up the fan base. And conversely, we don’t feel the need to mythologize them. They are not basketball gods or royalty .We love them because they simply epitomize the best in sports. We love them because they are a class act (and they play some wicked ball J ) Thank you Spurs!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone—

Last edited by SanAntonianByChoice; 06-21-2013 at 08:36 AM..

Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
On June 23, on my way out of San Antonio on 10 W I witnessed probably one of the worst cases of an aggressive, road rage driver as I have seen in my adult life. There was an accident between the Leon Springs and Ralph Fair Rd. exits on I10-W. The left lane was closed by DPS to recover the motorcycle involved. There were only about 15-20 vehicles slowed down in the right lane to get around the accident, and all of this was clearly visible to drivers approaching the scene. Most drivers proceeded to merge to the right lane and slow down to get around the accident. One guy in newer model dually with a work bed conversion on the back with a generator and welding equipment decided to run all the way up to where he was forced to move right. In the process, he ran the tow truck responding to the accident off onto the right shoulder of the road, and then began to systematically swerve, honk, berate, and flip off drivers in the right lane in his attempts to force his way over. No yielding, no turn signals, just profanity. Once through the lane closure, he continued to swerve at my vehicle and the three cars behind me, pulled around me and locked his brakes up, stopping on the freeway. His mind was changed when three or four other cars also stopped and all the drivers got out at the same time. He floored it and got back on 10W. He did slow to pull next to me one last time to throw a half full Bud Light tall boy out the passenger side window of his truck, over his teenaged son and hit the rear window of my car where my 9 year old son was seated. No damage to the car, fortunately. Reported the license plate and description of the incident to the Bexar County Sheriff's Department non-emergency line, and related that another driver following me had taken photos and video of the entire incident via cell phone. Not overly hopeful that anything will actually be done about this clown though. He was pulling some of his stunts, including running the tow truck off the freeway in plain view of the DPS troopers on scene and they didn't even blink.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:09 PM

You did the right thing TXStrat. If DPS or SAPD can't do anything, then perhaps a call to the Karma Police. And Kudos to the person who recorded it. Wonder if they will YouTube it.

"Karma Police
Arrest this man...." - Radiohead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH97ma9YiI

Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
TXStrat, Glad you and every one else was OK. Funny the guy took off when he saw people getting out of their cars. Thats why sometimes I'd really prefer a used tank to an ordinary vehicle. Or a huge vehicle with a crane thingy attached. Just pick his truck up and set it over on top of a DPS cruiser and see if they might notice then.

Excellent the guy got it all recorded. The guy with the video should go to the media with it, let them ask why LEO's on the scene did nothing. I do hope they post it on you tube, the world should get to see just what a jerk this guy is.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
A large black woman dressed in tight knit black skirt and tank top walking slowly
On Walzem rd sidewAlk.
630pm traffic hot as blazes, car in front of me BRAKED quickly just to stare at her rather large top. screeching brakes were heard from cars behind me!!!

Give me a break!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio