Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 PM

944 posts, read 2,037,355 times

Advertisements

I was driving in SA today and saw a ladder in the middle of I-10. I saw an SUV hit it and I had to slow way way down to go around it.

After the mattress/18-wheeler incident not that long ago haven't people learned how to tie their crap down YET?

Seriously.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,274,907 times
I saw a lovely lady with an "FU if you dont like my Fing attitude" tshirt in HEB while hauling around her 4 equally as lovely children.

And by lovely I mean HOrrendous.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,862,945 times
I saw someone dressed very simply yet elegant (totally classy) at the bus stop off Broadway just north of Central Market.

If someone wishes to start a thread about the small beautiful things encountered in town, then feel free to! There is plenty of this as well.

(=

Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM

410 posts, read 921,752 times
...a suburban mom-type lady in late-model luxury crossover opening her window and tossing out a wrapper of some sort at Nacogdoches and 410 light. She turned into Northwood neighborhood so I'm guessing she lived in area. It's a shame they don't make these expensive cars with a side pocket built into door panel.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 AM

581 posts, read 1,185,429 times
The best one is when a see said suburban soccer mom type driving a newer model luxury crossover park in a handicap spot at a grocery store then proceed to jump out along with 2 young kids. No handicap decals of any type what so ever. I checked only because I was with my Dad who actually needs to park there.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
The best one is when a see said suburban soccer mom type driving a newer model luxury crossover park in a handicap spot at a grocery store then proceed to jump out along with 2 young kids. No handicap decals of any type what so ever. I checked only because I was with my Dad who actually needs to park there.
The San Antonio Volunteers in Policing (VIP) program has a Public Safety Team you can also apply for (which requires a separate application and interview process, plus an additional 40 hours of training) which allows you to issue Handicap Parking citations and perform other non-hazardous duties for the department!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:58 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,958,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
The San Antonio Volunteers in Policing (VIP) program has a Public Safety Team you can also apply for (which requires a separate application and interview process, plus an additional 40 hours of training) which allows you to issue Handicap Parking citations and perform other non-hazardous duties for the department!
I've had the pleasure of working with the VIP folks on a couple of occasions. They are truly great people and really get into what they're doing. (They are NOT cowboy/girls though...they just want to help protect this town...)

I don't know how comfy I'd be with issuing citations. No badge, no authority, no gun, etc. but all the conflict that goes with parking citations.

--Dim

Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM

330 posts, read 586,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I've had the pleasure of working with the VIP folks on a couple of occasions. They are truly great people and really get into what they're doing. (They are NOT cowboy/girls though...they just want to help protect this town...)

I don't know how comfy I'd be with issuing citations. No badge, no authority, no gun, etc. but all the conflict that goes with parking citations.

--Dim
Yes! My awesome father-in-law just completed training for this. He is exactly as you describe: driven by a desire to help keep San Antonio a great place to live. He is just the sweetest man, but an imposing figure nonetheless, so I hope he doesn't have any troubles out there.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,765,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweet Pickles Bus View Post
I always see a Lexus sedan decked out like the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine
I have a picture of it... no way to post it though since CD doesn't let you upload.

MOD Note: Yes, it does! There are two ways to post a picture here -- one is to load through a third-party hosting site and the other is to upload directly into CD's hosting site - please see this post under Option Two that provides step-by-step instructions.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-15-2012 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: mod note

Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,958,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
Yes! My awesome father-in-law just completed training for this. He is exactly as you describe: driven by a desire to help keep San Antonio a great place to live. He is just the sweetest man, but an imposing figure nonetheless, so I hope he doesn't have any troubles out there.
Please thank him for me. I appreciate his desire to keep all of us safer, regardless of what he'll be doing. Just the effort and time he'll be putting in is enough.

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio