Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,541,274 times

Advertisements

This is typical of my experiences living here in San Antonio. I had to go down town to the court house (don't ask why). I went to the Park and Ride. The busses were all lined up. It was around 7:30 AM. I talked to the lady at the booth and she told me there was a bus going down town. I walked down the line of busses asking if he (she) was going down town. I found one and got in. We took off heading north toward Sea World. He let me out at the college campus off 1604. He told me he would be back in an hour and take me down town. I wandered around trying to find a way to call the court house and my lawyer. The secretary's in the lobby were nice and gave me a phone book and a phone. I couldn't get through. All I could get were answering machines. I was sitting at the bus stop when a guy drove up in a SUV. He was in the lobby putting newspapers in the racks and over heard my conversation. He had to go down town and offered me a ride. We had a nice conversation and he let me out right in front of the court house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 07:10 PM

38 posts, read 72,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
Downtown is about 15 minutes when there is no traffic but Rackspace is quite the drive from here. Alamo Ranch is a newer development that is still being built. We have multiple builders here with varying price ranges 180-500k but you can figure about 250k to get you a nice home with about 2000 sq ft. There is an apartment complex with in the Alamo Ranch community. (www.alamoranchapartments.com). It looks really nice from the road with lots of trees and appears very well kept. There are other apartments close by that are also pretty nice. We have brand new schools that are inside our deveolopment. My kids are all grown so I do not know much about them but I here they are good schools. There are a lot of great neighborhoods in San Antonio with excellent schools but it's a matter of what you are looking for, it's a personal choice. There are some areas that I'd steer clear from but the options are pretty darn good elsewhere. We have great historical districts with beautiful older homes, condo living downtown numerous suburbs to choose from or you could look at country living outside of the San Antonio city limits. Tons of options to choose from.
Hi thank you so much for the information. What exactly is the alamo ranch community? when you buy a house do you have swimming pool etc attached to the house or is it within the community where everyone shares?
I was just checking out these houses and they look great for the price around $250k like you mentioned. how much are home owners insurance and taxes for homes?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
you will like it here. I sure hope you like tacos. if not you will learn to. There are tons of hospitals, there is a place called remington medical resorts that is always looking for nurses. it is located in the medical area off of babcock. This is more like an upper class rehab. it is not like a real hospital. you get paid the same but work less. I have no idea about IT stuff. but there sure are lots of jobs here in that area. I am sure many people in this forum will assist you.
Thanks for the info, I am not soo much into tacos but thanks lol!! I would probably be cooking for myself!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,339,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnairp11 View Post
Hi thank you so much for the information. What exactly is the alamo ranch community? when you buy a house do you have swimming pool etc attached to the house or is it within the community where everyone shares?
I was just checking out these houses and they look great for the price around $250k like you mentioned. how much are home owners insurance and taxes for homes?

AR is a huge master planned community that will eventually have about 15,000 homes once it's all built up. If you buy a big enough lot, you can have a pool built in your backyard but most of the subdivisions within AR have a community pool that is shared, many have other amentities i.e. soccer feilds, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc. The community also has elementary and middle schools located within it and tons of shopping and dining near by. Insurance and taxes depend upon the home you build. My insurance is significantly less than what I pay for my 2nd home but it's an older home and other factors cause the insurance to be higher i.e. it's not 100% bricked, it's not in a gated community, etc. etc. Taxes are outrageous though and will be going up once the city annex's us in a few years but you can expect taxes to be about $400 per month at minimum. HOA dues also vary dependent upon the subdivision you buy into. Most hover around $600-$800 per year but I think there are some subdivisions that are less expensive they just don't have all of the amenities.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 AM

171 posts, read 311,044 times
Located in the alamo downs business park. Caremark presciptions. Its a large mail order pharmacy. Place has several hundred computers for the its customer service reps, pharmacists, and techs. Not to mention dozens of support staff. Posting for IT related is popping up constantly.

Located near Loop 410 and Culebra.
Good luck.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks everyone for all the information you have given me, what a great forum!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:54 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,437,030 times
Racespace and AR are a CONSIDERABLE drive from each other, but I can think of no where else I would rather live personally. While Rackspace may offer wonderful "employment" options, it is not located in the area of town most of their employees would find "family friendly". There are LOTS of options tho that are closer,we just personally LOVE AR ourselves (as do most that have made this choice)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: