Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 PM

810 posts, read 1,425,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why don't we ask for a good soup place, or healthy salad bistro, or places where we can get real fruit juice or fruit cup??
Because we are in San Antonio, that’s why. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM

153 posts, read 283,297 times
Here is a true bias opinion:
I am from the Midwest(not CA or the west). So I want to say I just dont understand the Whataburger Love.
The burgers are disgusting(I do however like several of their chicken sandwiches) fwiw= JITB=Disgusting
In & out I tried 3 times in Phoenix and liked them alot.
You have your opinion, and I have mine, but whataburger is much lower than even Mcdonalds, possibly even White Caste in my opinion.
Just because they are from TX dont make them great.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Food preferences are often regional - so those that are originated locally are often developed to appeal to the tastes of that local market. The national chains are developed to disgust the fewest folks from everywhere - so they're often less appealing to everyone. That's why Whataburger is popular here - it was developed in Texas by folks that paid attention to what their target audience wanted.
If ya want something to appeal to the midwest taste buds, guess you're gonna be outta luck.....

Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
I think fast food will always have a market, I think both of them will do fine if they come to SA.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
I suppose there's a little something for everyone at the end of the day. I don't think they shouldn't come to this city... I just wish locals would employ a bit of moderation in enjoying it. That's all.

For me: I don't want to give my money to a mass chain eatery, which is why I live in Southtown and attempt to frequent local places. That's just my personal MO. I did my time in Stone Oak, AH, Sonterra, Monte Vista and now find myself in a rapidly growing, cultural epicenter of the city. I'd hope that this area stays this way, but something tells me that property values will go too high to let that happen.

Freedom of choice. On the bright side, I&O will bring more jobs

BN

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 AM

5 posts, read 6,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccvms View Post
...I just dont understand the Whataburger Love...
You have your opinion, and I have mine, but whataburger is much lower than even Mcdonalds, possibly even White Caste in my opinion...
Fair enough. My opinion is that my opinion stomps all over your opinion.

Whataburger > In-N-Out

Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 AM

258 posts, read 323,836 times
Being a fit/healty person I don't over indulge in "fast food"...I do have a weekly burger. IN&OUT will be my place since we frequent them in Los Angeles. Over all I enjoy their fresh never frozen ingredients, their fast and friendly service and their menu items. Their frys are amazing too. Enjoy seeing them preparing them in view. They take pride in their hiring as you will always be greeted by a smiling employee. Many fast food restaurants are fast to get you out and fail to be friendly. I am excited to see them finally making the move into Texas. This will be better for competion!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
friendly? I swear by the whataburger by my house. I left once without my change from a $20. I didn't even remember it. I went the next morning for breakfast (which was I was there the day before). The cashier recognized me (oops) and promptly handed me an envelope with my change from the previous day.
I've never forgotten that honesty.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM

258 posts, read 323,836 times
I think Whataburger has stepped up their game...I can see how having "fresh" competition now in their turf. I don't mind a friendly service battle between the burger establishments. We WIN as customers. IN&OUT prices seem to be better btw versus Whataburger.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:45 PM

40 posts, read 136,135 times
In & Out Burger will be opening in Round Rock at the Outlet Malls!!! It's getting closer and closer to SA!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio