Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM

45 posts, read 99,220 times

Advertisements

Cause they're human and we all make mistakes.

/thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 AM

126 posts, read 362,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
Didn't you know? The drivers in that part of town are entitled.

Completely unrelated to ^^ that - Yesterday at 410/San Pedro, where everyone was getting off (because they were being forced off two exits down) I saw a bunch of last second cutters, but this one took the cake - a woman driving a Mercedes, cut across the solid whites at the last second to cut in, and was cut off by a Navigator cutting across everything and it just kept on rolling like no one was there. Funny thing was, the woman in the Mercedes had the nerve to honk at the Navigator who was basically doing the exact same thing she was doing, just a little more wrecklessly.

I guess people with expensive cars have the money for expensive repairs when they drive like a-holes.

Oh yeah, and back on the original topic, there was a wreck behind me while I was waiting in that God-awful line to get off at San Pedro, and I watched as the people got out of their cars and left them just parked there in the exit lane. Go figure.
WOW! sounds like you may have some issues w/ people who are successful....just sayin'

Old 06-09-2008, 12:27 PM

545 posts, read 2,280,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
WOW! sounds like you may have some issues w/ people who are successful....just sayin'
I have a problem with people that drive like there's no one else on the road, and more often than not, those people are driving high end cars. Just an observation.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:03 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,181,487 times
Quote:
More than likely they live in an apartment with no furniture..(I'm just sayin'.....)

Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 AM

361 posts, read 923,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
Didn't you know? The drivers in that part of town are entitled.

Completely unrelated to ^^ that - Yesterday at 410/San Pedro, where everyone was getting off (because they were being forced off two exits down) I saw a bunch of last second cutters, but this one took the cake - a woman driving a Mercedes, cut across the solid whites at the last second to cut in, and was cut off by a Navigator cutting across everything and it just kept on rolling like no one was there. Funny thing was, the woman in the Mercedes had the nerve to honk at the Navigator who was basically doing the exact same thing she was doing, just a little more wrecklessly.

I guess people with expensive cars have the money for expensive repairs when they drive like a-holes.

Oh yeah, and back on the original topic, there was a wreck behind me while I was waiting in that God-awful line to get off at San Pedro, and I watched as the people got out of their cars and left them just parked there in the exit lane. Go figure.

The only time I've had any problem with anyone in an expensive car was last summer when I came inches away from nailing a Lamborghini Gallardo on San Pedro because the idiot decided to suddenly turn without signaling. I know it would have been his fault if we had hit, but I also know that if he can afford a Gallardo, then he can afford a better lawyer than I can.

Other than that, the middle-class people with the regular newer cars tend to be the people I see hogging lanes, switching lanes without signaling, not yielding at the yield sign, and everything else. Rich people know we live in a city full of ambulance-chasing non-board-certified 1-800-get-cash lawyers and for the most part don't take chances. Poor people know they can't easily afford to replace a car, so they don't take chances either.

The problem is getting a license in San Antonio is a damn joke and too easy. My "driving test" was a short drive through a residential neighborhood with no traffic. Basically all I had to do was parallel park, stop at three or four stop signs, and drive backwards a few dozen feet. I got a 97/100 on it. I would have gotten a perfect 100, but the instructor cited me once for observation which I did do but her lack of observatory skills weren't paying attention.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,977,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post

Other than that, the middle-class people with the regular newer cars tend to be the people I see hogging lanes, switching lanes without signaling, not yielding at the yield sign, and everything else. Rich people know we live in a city full of ambulance-chasing non-board-certified 1-800-get-cash lawyers and for the most part don't take chances. Poor people know they can't easily afford to replace a car, so they don't take chances either.
Wow, I'd have to give you a 100/100 on your observation skills if you can come up with all that. Sheesh, generalize much?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 AM

46 posts, read 151,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I always let people over too. It is just the nice thing to do and it helps keep things moving along.
What bothers me is when you let someone over and they don't give you the little "thank you" wave Sometimes they look right at me and don't even smile, like I owe it to them or something.

I always give a big ol' wave when someone lets me over.
x2!!!!

Even if it frustrates the hell out of me, I'll always let someone in for the greater good and to build up some karma points for the time when I get stuck in the wrong lane.

What really ticks me off though is at an entrance ramp in rush hour when everyone is moving, some yokel will decide that his point of entry should be a half-mile ahead of where everyone else has been merging, which then creates more of a jam back where most sane, polite people have been merging. I love it when someone takes it upon themselves to scoot over a little to the right to cut off the shoulder and not allowing this to happen.

This also tends to happen whenever a lane is closed ahead... everyone is merging, but some guy (usually in a BMW or Benz, oddly enough) will decide he should zip ahead of everyone to the last spot to merge.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:32 AM

46 posts, read 151,239 times
Quote:
I'd consider myself successful, and I don't have a problem with other people who are successful... but I've noticed that most of the time I'm being cut off, it is by a higher-end car. Maybe it's just the parts of town I'm driving in, and they are all higher end cars...

Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 AM

361 posts, read 923,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Wow, I'd have to give you a 100/100 on your observation skills if you can come up with all that. Sheesh, generalize much?
There are always eceptions no doubt, but watch the news and read accident reports. Notice the types of cars involved with accidents. Seldom are they expensive luxury cars or ran-down junkers, and are usually cars in between.

It's a simple observation, not generalization. Go ahead and check.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,447,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I always let people over too. It is just the nice thing to do and it helps keep things moving along.
What bothers me is when you let someone over and they don't give you the little "thank you" wave Sometimes they look right at me and don't even smile, like I owe it to them or something.

I always give a big ol' wave when someone lets me over.
Oh, I do this, too! While in Texas, a wave is usually acknowledged with a head nod or a smile, here I get no acknowledgment, if I give a "thank you" wave. Bunch of grouchy people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio