Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:36 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times

Advertisements

Now here is where I REALLY need y'alls help!

1. I haven't been in San Antonio too terribly long, nor have I spend much time in the North Central area,

AND

2. I don't get out much anyway.... SOOOOOOOOOOO

I need some legitimate reasonable suggestions of where we can meetup...
It appears there are several that would like it to be kid-friendly, and that's fine with me....

I'm thinking we may likely want to meet indoors, that September heat is .... well, see that's just the thing.... I've never been in San Antonio in Septemeber and I have NO IDEA what the heat is like in September...
LOLOL...

that's why I need y'all to help work this all out.... someone mentioned a poll the other day and I put that up and I'm willing to keep track of another one, but I need input from San Antonio folk....

SO SUGGEST AWAY, right here on this thread... then I'll pull out the best/most popular of the lot and do another poll.......

SOUND OK WITH EVERYONE????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 AM

781 posts, read 3,815,705 times
Here are just a few places off the top of my head.....I am sure others will have some great ideas too:-)

Kid Friendly:
Beefys Backyard.....burgers, big play area
Hacienda.....outside eating, kid friendly
EZ.....burgers
Red Robin

More Adulty (new word..LOL):
Reggianos
StoneWerks
Johnny Carinos
Macaroni Grill

Last edited by martinez4; 09-10-2007 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: format....:-)

Old 09-10-2007, 07:24 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,002 times
MoMaks
The Cove (kind of small tho)
Brackenridge Park (picnic or potluck)
Incredible Pizza Company

just a few ideas... busy with a toddler, can't really type right now!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 AM

Here is a site where you can browse restaurants in Stone Oak. They range "Starbucks-type" coffee houses, to kid friendly burger joint (Beefy's Backyard is on the list), to elegant, upscale fine evening dining (which is what we are NOT looking for of course)..... but the list seems pretty comprehensive and most places have a website link noted......

Stone Oak Restaurants

Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
The Lion and the Rose is easy to get to from 281 or 1604. It has a nice private room if we get a decent sized group. While it's a "Pub" type atmosphere, kids would be fine! I'm not sure of the exact address....Sonterra or Stone Oak Drive.

BTW - It's not on the Stone Oak list.....but that's the area! (not the location in Alamo Heights)

Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM

Yea...it is off Sonterra between 281 and Stone Oak. It is kinda near Costco on the Sonterra side.

We have never eaten there....how is it??

Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
Yea...it is off Sonterra between 281 and Stone Oak. It is kinda near Costco on the Sonterra side.

We have never eaten there....how is it??
I thought the food was ok. I'm willing to try another thing on the menu to see if I get something else even better! I'm picky, but I'm willing to give second chances. I don't like to give recommendations because I am not easy to "wow." For example everyone around me loves Beefy's and I really could not eat there again - however, playgroups and sports teams make it so I eat there often!

If we did Lion and Rose, I'd leave my kid's at home. It would be more fun for only adults I think.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:55 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,796 times
We love the Lion and the Rose but we're into pub food (DH loves Scotch Eggs, I still haven't gotten past the look of it). Plus their waitresses have the same dress code as The Flying Saucer girls, the husband loves that dress code.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Hey everyone.....
Thanks for all the great suggestions and please keep them coming for a while yet....

I checked with the Lion & the Rose in Stone Oak earlier; he said their 'dungeon room' (banquet room) only holds 35 people. There is no charge, however, to reserve it, etc.
We had 40 votes on the original poll, so I'm guessing we may end up
with 35 - 40 or more people.
Some people may want to come but didn't vote, as well. So, if you figure 40 individuals voted, each may have at least a spouse, each one or at least several might have a spouse and one or more children...'
or is that a child and one or more spouses?? OH NNNOOOO, sorry for going there.....
What I'm thinking is that we might want to look at something that has ample outdoor and indoor room.....
I guess we might also want to consider the suggestion of a pot luck or picnic in a park. I forget who suggested that.
At any rate, be thinking about these potential space limitations as we discuss and decide where we want to meet....
CYA later..... just some things to think about as we plan...............

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 09-10-2007 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: cause I said so....

Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 AM

<<<is that a child and one or more spouses?? OH NNNOOOO, sorry for going there.....>>>

Is there a limit to the amount of spouses???? LOL

I only have one that I love and cherish dearly:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio