Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Why is NYC so rude?

I look around and there are so many rude people, kids included. In San Antonio there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic in NYC? it is the self-importance, poor upbringing, culture,....
Hear, hear! I will take nice, overweight people over thin, self-centered and rude ones any day of the week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 03:30 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I look around and there are so many obese people, kids included. In NYC there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic here in San Antonio? it is the food, laziness, culture,....
Easy.

People in SA drive. People in NYC walk.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
stc

43 posts, read 89,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Easy.

People in SA drive. People in NYC walk.
Just what I was going to say. San Antonio is so spread out that you have to drive everywhere. In NYC, you can spend an entire year in a three mile radius, if you want to.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM

188 posts, read 447,831 times
New York City!? Get a rope... (remember that Pace Salsa commercial?)

Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc View Post
Just what I was going to say. San Antonio is so spread out that you have to drive everywhere. In NYC, you can spend an entire year in a three mile radius, if you want to.
You might as well just shoot me in the head.
No way I can be confined to that sort of environment.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 PM

282 posts, read 472,164 times
Quote:
I look around and there are so many obese people, kids included. In NYC there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic here in San Antonio? it is the food, laziness, culture,....
Why don't you ask a nutritionist?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

It is like that everywhere no matter whether you notice it or not. It is a combination of many things. Some reasons are the same and some reasons are different for all involved.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times

Torpedos,

There's a reason that this type thread is met with a bit of antagonism in this forum... beside it negatively grouping the entire San Antonio area and its people into one category... this topic has been discussed ad nauseam in several previous threads already and wears old... here are a few of the most recent for your review:

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...d-fattest.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...cities-sa.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...lattering.html

And, here is the latest thread contradicting this theory:

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...oo-hoo-sa.html

Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
This has been discussed numerous times. I relocates here from MA six years ago. I agree with the OP. America in general is more obese than ever. I consider SA's problem to a few things. Disagree with me if you will.

- Tex Mex
- BBQ
- Chicken fried steak
- Sweltering temps six months per year
- Too spread out, no one can walk anywhere

In the Ne, the weather is more reasonable during the summer. Even in winter the people tough it out and walk. There's more seafood, better food. People are on the go. They're walking faster. Densely poplulated. It's just the way it is.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I know that GREAT mexican food make MY clothes shrink...I don't know about the rest of ya....just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio