Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM

9 posts, read 9,529 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I wanted to post a new thread asking for some insight on where I should live. I have searched all the threads I could find here, but most of them are several years old. I'd love some insight on what area would be best for me and my family. I will be working at USAA and would like a relatively easy commute. The #1 priority for my family is making sure that we live is a very safe neighborhood with good schools. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit longer commute to make sure we are in a good place.

Some of our desired amenities are below:
  • 30> communte time to work at USAA. Leaving ~7am
  • Safe family friendly neighborhood
  • ~$1600/month willing to come up a little for safe neighborhood
  • Enough space for a family of 4. Preferably 3+ beds
  • Good schools

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions for places we should live. Thanks in advanced.

Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 06:08 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,255,219 times
Shavano Park should work nicely

Old 04-01-2017, 06:30 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,706,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Shavano Park should work nicely
Not going to get shaveno park for $1600. But search withon 78240, 78249 and 78230 (maybe 31 and 13). 78240 is probably going to be the cheapest. All have grey schools and you are eyjin your 30 minute commute of usaa.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:05 PM

9 posts, read 9,529 times
Thanks for the replies.
I've briefly looked at Shavano Park, but it seems unfortunately the majority of the houses are out of our price range at this time. We would love to end up there though.

I've found quite a few in 78249 however.

Can any one comment on the Parkwood or Creek View area? I have been looking at places in the area between Prue/Hausman and 1604/De Zavala. Is this considered a good area?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,706,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I've briefly looked at Shavano Park, but it seems unfortunately the majority of the houses are out of our price range at this time. We would love to end up there though.

I've found quite a few in 78249 however.

Can any one comment on the Parkwood or Creek View area? I have been looking at places in the area between Prue/Hausman and 1604/De Zavala. Is this considered a good area?
I am from this area (I live in Austin now). It's fine. The traffic on Prue during rush hour is rough (comparable to Austin during peak times in my opinion). De Zavala is pretty intense at times as well, however, Huebner and Fredrickburg (where USAA is) can be bad too. Schools are fine (on the list of best schools in the city but not the best). All of them are Northside schools (NISD). The further inside the 1604 you get the easier a drive to USAA will be. Although, I do know someone who lives outside of Bandera on 1604 and works at USAA. So.

Apologies about that first post and the spelling errors. I missed the auto correct on my phone.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:34 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,637 times
Actually one adjustment on your list will make a world of difference. Consider beginning your commute at 6:30. It will make your life less stressful. Big difference in traffic between 6:30 and 7.

If you're in IT and Indian, be aware that USAA is currently reducing their exposure on H1-Bs due to the current political climate. No I don't work there, but we've picked up a couple who've not been renewed there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: