Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What channel is it on?
Parking Wars - A&E TV - Video, Schedule & Extras
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I haven't noticed it in Westcreek but it sure wouldn't bother me if they did it.
There are at least 7 cars on my street alone that park on or across the sidewalk. Yes, I said on, as in they pull alongside the curb, then up and onto the sidewalk.

It bothers me because we have to go out into the street when we go for our walk. I'd much rather keep myself, my wife and my three young children on the sidewalk. After all, that's what it's there for.
We lived in The Hollow until 12/2010 and had the same problem with Folks parking on the sidewalk. I called BCSD many times and Yes they did respond. It bothered me when I would see Mom's pushing a stroller on the sidewalk and have to detour into the street. The same was true with young kids riding their bikes. If I still lived there I would email or call the HOA and request this be put into the Newsletter and on the webpage. *I "heard" many times that he Monitors' called BCSD if a vehicle was parked in the street without a current tag or inspection. If this is true they could do the same for cars parked on sidewalks.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
In the City of San Antonio, a vehicle cannot remain parked on the street for more than 24 continuous hours, without moving it.

Again, this applies to City of San Antonio only, and unincorporated areas in the County or suburban cities may or may not have similar ordinances. Alamo Heights, for example, hasn't allowed overnight street parking for decades.
BCSD will do the same or at least they have. We called about a neighbor who had problems with his car, gave up after manty attempts to repair it, and parked it in the street. Most vehicles with a bright orange sticker on the window don't look very nice. As you know a vehicle parked on the street for 24 continuous hours is considered "storage"

Old 03-29-2012, 08:10 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
When it never happens and all of a sudden it happens without any neighborhood complaints, then yes its the city stuffing its pockets. Not saying it shouldnt be done, but like I said if its out of the blue, then its revenue generating. Ive seen police roll by illegally paked cars all the time and never stop. Just find it suspicious this is being enforced unless there has been complaints
How do you know there weren't any complaints?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Annoying Parkers,

Parking against traffic flow, on curb, blocking sidewalk or street.
Extreme inconsideration of traffic laws, right of way, etc. caused by very lazy drivers who consider it too much effort to move a car into the corrrect position and would rather cause extra effort for someone else rather than put forth anything but minimum effort themselves.
The Same drivers probably who consider it excessive effort to use a directional turn blinker at an intersection causing other drivers to wait on them to turn left-
right in front of them.
I often wonder while tolerating these people, -what is going on in these people's heads. I guess they consider themselves to be priveleged citizens
who need not heed traffic laws that they themselves have judged useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I wish they would come to my neighborhood. Probably half the cars on the street are parked the wrong direction. Some are broken down and facing the wrong direction for about a year now.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-29-2012 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: repaired quote

Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
Been told by a neighbor who is a stay at home mom, that they've been in our neighborhood the last couple of days. She noticed on her run yesterday that there had to be at least 20 cars cited. We are near 151/Potranco.

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't pull all the way up/in their driveway and end up blocking a sidewalk forcing moms w/ strollers or people out walking to veer in to the road because they can't continue down the sidewalk path.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM

554 posts, read 1,067,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
The parking in the direction of the flow of traffic law is...

"An operator who stops or parks on a one-way roadway shall stop or park the vehicle parallel to the curb or edge of the roadway in the direction of authorized traffic movement ... Cheers! M2
I don't get it, that seems to indicate that the law is only for one-way streets, which certainly makes sense. After all on a one-way street you would have to turn around and drive the wrong way in order to park against the flow of traffic. But is there a similar law for two way streets?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
I don't get it, that seems to indicate that the law is only for one-way streets, which certainly makes sense. After all on a one-way street you would have to turn around and drive the wrong way in order to park against the flow of traffic. But is there a similar law for two way streets?
The law DOES apply to two-way streets.

On a two-way street, if you pull over to the right and park, you are still facing the direction of traffic flow. If you pull over to the curb on the left side, you are now facing oncoming traffic.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't pull all the way up/in their driveway and end up blocking a sidewalk forcing moms w/ strollers or people out walking to veer in to the road because they can't continue down the sidewalk path.
True that. Some driveways in my neighborhood or so short that if four cars are sitting in the driveway it is inevitable that it is blocking the sidewalk or even into the street itself. While crap is in their garage that is never used.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
The law DOES apply to two-way streets.

On a two-way street, if you pull over to the right and park, you are still facing the direction of traffic flow. If you pull over to the curb on the left side, you are now facing oncoming traffic.
OK, I overlooked that part that reads, "(a)An operator who stops or parks on a two-way roadway shall do so with the right-hand wheels of the vehicle parallel to and within 18 inches of the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway." Indicating you have to park to the with the "right-hand wheels" at the "right-hand" curb. My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio