Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,440 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else notice this?

I work downtown and getting onto I-35 there was a cop parked right at the merger point of the entrance ramp.

Then further up 281 headed north I saw two more just sitting at the ramp entrances.

Just seemed like an odd spot to sit at, and even more difficult to get out of. Don't know if they were watching how people merge, (if they cross the solid white line), or just looking for speeders.

Again, just looked odd and out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
Did anyone else notice this?

I work downtown and getting onto I-35 there was a cop parked right at the merger point of the entrance ramp.

Then further up 281 headed north I saw two more just sitting at the ramp entrances.

Just seemed like an odd spot to sit at, and even more difficult to get out of. Don't know if they were watching how people merge, (if they cross the solid white line), or just looking for speeders.

Again, just looked odd and out of place.
I saw the same yesterday on the West Ave entrance ramp on I-10 W, near the old WestFall Library..he was in a SAPD pickup parked in the peak of the triangle where the ramp merges into the freeway...kind of an odd and dangerous spot to park..

Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I saw the same yesterday on the West Ave entrance ramp on I-10 W, near the old WestFall Library..he was in a SAPD pickup parked in the peak of the triangle where the ramp merges into the freeway...kind of an odd and dangerous spot to park..
my thoughts exactly. if anything it was blinding me from seeing merging traffic. not that the shoulder is safe, but it seems better than what I saw.

just odd that others saw the exact same thing. wonder what it was all about.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
It almost sounds like a concerted effort against road rage and distracted drivers. Everyone drives perfectly safe when a cop is on the road, painfully slow as if everyone is afraid to pass up the fuzz, and with such exemplary driving maybe they decided to find a good hideout so that passing traffic cannot see them as easy?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 PM

944 posts, read 2,040,863 times
I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to catch people merging improperly or unsafely. I see people diving across the solid white line constantly.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I saw several today ( around 10 AM ) on I35 near BAMC hospital. Traffic was very slow, because people tried to figure out what's going on there.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,666 times
I can't say for sure what was yesterday, but it is a common practice to have officers at every on-ramp so they can shut the highway down for a visiting dignitary for security. They will then start a rolling roadblock behind the motorcade, keeping all traffic a certain distance behind the protectee.

I know Romney was in town, but I don't think it was yesterday and i'm not sure he gets that treatment. I know Perry was in town..he didn't normally get that treatment, unless it was upgraded after his run.

... Or could have been traffic enforcement blitz

Old 04-03-2012, 03:47 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
From a friend on the SAPD...they are "spotting" and reporting to those ahead in unmarked vehicles. Those vehicles posted after the ramp make the ticket as called in.

They (spotters) will NOT jump out and risk an accident to catch someone, but are monitoring those that wait til the last minute and try to cross the solid white line creating accidents behind them. Works for me...I can't tell you how many times I have almost hit someone coming from 3 lanes across trying to cut in front of 1-2 other cars.

I only post this on this forum KNOWING that everyone here OBEYS the law!!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Everyone drives perfectly safe
sorry, but this is just wrong. please dont lump us good drivers who obey the speed limits and traffic laws with other riffraff who dont and exhibit the behaviors you're explaining when a cop appears on the road.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have almost hit someone coming from 3 lanes across trying to cut in front of 1-2 other cars.
crossing the solid white line is one thing, this is just unsafe and the retards who drive like this should be ran over, multiple times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: