Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 PM

210 posts, read 501,568 times

Advertisements

Alright, so I've lived here <12months and my Mum and 21yr old sister are coming over to visit from April 13th - April 27th. I want the two weeks to be packed of fun things to do in and around San Antonio! You guys are pretty damn awesome and I just know you'll be able to help me come up with some fun stuff to do!

Here's what I go so far:

- Fiesta Texas
- The Alamo
- Japanese Tea Gardens
- Riverwalk Tour (on foot and on the boats)
- Fiesta Farms / Horseback riding
- Corpus Christi (we're going for 2 days & taking the Dolphin tour down there & doing jet-skiing and kayaking)
- Market Square

Also any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. I know a few places I want to bring them to eat at, but I don't know any of the 'omg they muuuuust go here' kinda of places.

If it's at all relevant, we're in the Northwest part of SA and I have a 1.5yr old son who has to come with us to each place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 01:54 PM

905 posts, read 1,625,983 times
Gruene hall!!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,178,316 times
Yep I would do Gruene/New Braunfuals one day, Fredericksburg one day. Hit main street in Boerne. I enjoy Mexican Manhattan on the river. Cant forget about the Zoo

Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,336,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
Alright, so I've lived here <12months and my Mum and 21yr old sister are coming over to visit from April 13th - April 27th. I want the two weeks to be packed of fun things to do in and around San Antonio! You guys are pretty damn awesome and I just know you'll be able to help me come up with some fun stuff to do!

Here's what I go so far:

- Fiesta Texas
- The Alamo
- Japanese Tea Gardens
- Corpus Christi (we're going for 2 days & taking the Dolphin tour down there & doing jet-skiing and kayaking)
- Market Square

Also any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. I know a few places I want to bring them to eat at, but I don't know any of the 'omg they muuuuust go here' kinda of places.

If it's at all relevant, we're in the Northwest part of SA and I have a 1.5yr old son who has to come with us to each place.

They'll be here during Fiesta. I love the parades and the kiddo would probably like them too.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,336,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post

Here's what I go so far:

- Fiesta Texas
- The Alamo
- Japanese Tea Gardens
- Market Square

Totally agree with the other posters about Boerne, Fredericksburg, etc. You could also take them to Bandera. It's a real cool country town where people still ride their horses down main street. Eat at Buzby's BBQ (on main street) while you are there, it's awesome!!!! There are several Dude Ranches in the area where you can take them for horseback riding, chuckwagon meals, and they have cowboys that do rope tricks too.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,433,688 times
Sea World?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:44 PM

391 posts, read 686,703 times
Gruene... for a walkabout the place.

Lunch at the Gristmill Restaurant.

Spend a night at the Gruene Mansion Inn.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:49 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,845,195 times
Since you have a wee one with everywhere, for the Riverwalk, go to Pearl Brewery and take the water taxi. It does the entire river....north extension and all through downtown and back with no getting on and off and no hassles. Doing a walking tour of the Riverwalk with a little one will not be fun. Not much room to manuver a stroller.
Don't forget the Missions. The ones on the south side. They are older than the ones in California and some are still active churches. The history and beauty is awesome.
As for restuarants, all the restaurants on the Riverwalk are chains. What kind of food does your family like?
LaFocachia between St. Mary's and South Presa on South Alamo is great Italian. Azucar on South Alamo is South American food.
of course, Rosario's is tourist Mexican.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,612,869 times
Maby visit Tower Of Americas for lunch or the Observation deck defanatly visit the SA Zoo or Sea World there's also Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch in New Braunfels. You could come visit Austin for the day and tour the State capitol and check out the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum or South Congress shops and attractions here.

Home Page Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch

Attractions in Texas | Natural Bridge Caverns

Austin Attractions:

Austin, TX | Austin Hotels, Events, Attractions, Things To Do & More | AustinTexas.org

The Story of Texas

Welcome to First Thursday, South Congress Ave. Merchant News

The Texas Capitol - The State Preservation Board - Caretakers of the Texas Capitol

LBJ Library & Museum

Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The University of Texas at Austin

Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 PM

3 posts, read 5,561 times
Along with the Alamo, go to the other San Antonio Missions. The others have been better preserved in their original form. If your family likes history, they will love it. And lets face it, the Alamo can come off as underwhelming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio