Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 PM

36 posts, read 67,927 times

Advertisements

maybe she was talking to a friend on her cell and said "you need a car" cause she was tired of driving her friend around everywhere or something.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 AM

186 posts, read 689,969 times
Default agreed

yeah that's my vote, too. Talking to herself as she walks in "you need a cart"

or...

if she was talking to you (no eye contact? doubt she was) were you carrying a lot of bags without a cart? maybe that's why she thought you needed a cart.

So funny the things that happen in every day life that we wonder about.. I always overanalyze interactions between me and other people... worried if they misunderstood what I said, or hoping I understood what they meant.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:50 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
I don't know what it means, but I think you're on to something here. That would be an awesome thing to start saying to people. "Hey, you need a card!"

Maybe it will catch on and we'll have a new saying from Texas. That would rock!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
HCH if you tell the wrong lady that she might think you are proposing to marry her so she can get her green card. Don't be surprised if someone offers you a couple grand if you start asking that question to randoms.

We would never ask anyone if they needed a card, even if it caught on as a new catch phrase as you suggest, but we were propositioned once before we were married. Of course we wanted our first marriage to be with each other so we declined and besides bogus marriages for papers are highly illegal. Also we do not want second marriages if anyone thought that was what was implied.

(~_^)

Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,032 times
I 'm thinking along the lines that Merovee is, but perhaps the lady was peddeling fake green cards or even stolen credit cards. But then again she was probably talking to someone on the phone.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
OP, you could pose this same scenario in the Missed Connections section of craigslist. Put what store you were at, what time and day, and a brief rundown of what happened. You never know, she could read it and respond.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,544,815 times
I was at San Antonio College one evening trying to get some transcripts or something. I walked past a guy in the parking lot. He said every clearly "Acid Man?" I just kept walking. I didn't know anybody still did that stuff.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,586,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Hmm. When you were paying, did you write a check or something? Maybe she was in line behind and felt like it took too long? Are you even sure she was talking to you? Some people talk to themselves on a regular basis.
That could have been me. I pay with a check and I get funny looks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio