Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
So...

Other than places prohibited by statute, are there any other especially notable places with signs?

We've heard that some Targets may be posted.
Rackspace
Sea World

How about banks? Are they prohibited by statute, or are there any particular banks / CUs that prohibit carry? Lots of banks love to put up "no guns" signs here in VA, but there are some that don't. I love the cartoon of the bank robbers outside, looking at a no guns sign, saying oh darn, what do we do now?
As stated, places that don't require a sign can be found here. Those that cannot be restricted are also listed. Anyplace else can put up a 30.06 sign, which prohibits conceal carry on the premises. No other sign is enforceable (except the 51% sign for places that primarily serve alcohol for consumption on the premises), but you can be also be given verbal instructions which require you to depart otherwise it's criminal trespass.

The requirement of the 30.06 sign, and nothing else, makes it pretty straightforward, actually. The places that are automatically prohibited are your requirement as a CHL holder to know.

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM

487 posts, read 991,936 times
Quote:
I don't understand how you can choose to go through life so afraid. But it is your life, and your right to believe that the moon is made of green cheese, so enjoy your Chuck E. Cheese pizza. But keep an eye on everyone around you! Just in case!
That's the thing...I don't feel unsafe. I lived in Mexico City for several years and also in Central America, and compared to that, I'm in the safest place. And yes, CEC pizza is pretty bad, but the kids love the place.

Sometimes you just need to leave your fears at home and live a little.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:26 PM

334 posts, read 915,527 times
Quote:
You'll never need to worry about it... Chuck E. Cheese is crap pizza and you won't be seeing me at one any time short of the heat death of the Universe. So you can "feel safe"... up until the time someone ignores the silly signs. Maybe you can argue this out with him... "But there's a SIGN!!! Can't you read? Your gun isn't allowed here, so you need to commit your robbery or kill your ex or battle Satan with something else, BECAUSE THERE'S A SIGN AND I DON'T FEEL SAFE!!!" Be sure to click your heels together three times when you do that... that's how you remind the Universe to send a wizard riding a Skittle-crapping unicorn to readjust reality to conform to your feelings.

Meanwhile, I'll be carrying my sidearm just like I always do, and you'll never feel unsafe because you won't see it. Just like a child pulling the blankets over his head... "If I can't see it, the boogeyman can't get me!" I guarantee that you pass by people carrying guns every day, so you'd better start to feel unsafe, or huddle in places with the signs. Just remember the heel-clicking thing, because the bad guys are going to ignore the sign if you don't!

I don't understand how you can choose to go through life so afraid. But it is your life, and your right to believe that the moon is made of green cheese, so enjoy your Chuck E. Cheese pizza. But keep an eye on everyone around you! Just in case!
Shorter: "The thought of going to Chuck E Cheese unarmed frightens me."

Really? There aren't any businesses in the city that you'd be willing to patronize, despite the presence of the sign?

And yes, Ole' Chuck's sucks, and you might be able to steer your own child away from it, but as certainly as their pizza is bad, your kid will get invited there by another person's child. What would you tell him/her? "No! I can't bring my gun so we're not going!" You don't think that's weird?

I really don't have anything against concealed carry in general; it's the absolutism of some of the practitioners, and the absurd positions it forces them to take, that puzzle me.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ndo View Post
Shorter: "The thought of going to Chuck E Cheese unarmed frightens me."

Really? There aren't any businesses in the city that you'd be willing to patronize, despite the presence of the sign?

And yes, Ole' Chuck's sucks, and you might be able to steer your own child away from it, but as certainly as their pizza is bad, your kid will get invited there by another person's child. What would you tell him/her? "No! I can't bring my gun so we're not going!" You don't think that's weird?

I really don't have anything against concealed carry in general; it's the absolutism of some of the practitioners, and the absurd positions it forces them to take, that puzzle me.
You just offer to take him to Dave and Busters instead, better food, games alot more fun, and you can carry in there.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
You just offer to take him to Dave and Busters instead, better food, games alot more fun, and you can carry in there.
Nope. Remember, it's another kid's party; you don't have control of the venue in this very common scenario.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ndo View Post
Nope. Remember, it's another kid's party; you don't have control of the venue in this very common scenario.
I sure do have control, he wouldn't go(if I had kids), and would offer to take him to dave and busters instead.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I sure do have control, he wouldn't go(if I had kids), and would offer to take him to dave and busters instead.
And we arrive at our destination.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Let me just be clear, I don't have my CHL(yet) but I refuse to give my money to any business that has those signs out of principal. I feel perfectly safe in all of those places, but I will not give them my money.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 PM

487 posts, read 991,936 times
Quote:
Let me just be clear, I don't have my CHL(yet) but I refuse to give my money to any business that has those signs out of principal. I feel perfectly safe in all of those places, but I will not give them my money.
You mean principle?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
There are a variety of non-enforceable signs out there, just be aware of the laws concerning conceal carry in the state of Texas and you'll be fine...

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio