Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,327 times

Advertisements

Ok, So I totally screwed up and changed my cell service to Sprint yesterday I had NOOOOO idea their reception on this side of town was so bad (1604/151 area). To make a phone call or send a text message, I have to go to my backporch or it ain't happening. As far as using the internet, forget about it, not happening either. So, for those of you much smarter than I, can you please recommend a service provider to me? I'm taking my new phones back to the store and cancelling my service today and need to switch over to a new provider as well. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
I'm off Wiseman and have ATT, never had a problem.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I'm off Wiseman and have ATT, never had a problem.
Thanks Camper1. We have AT&T for all of our home stuff i.e. Uverse cable, phone and internet but the hubster HATES them and refuses to give them anymore of our money. HA HA HA. He's looking at Verizon. That is who I had before switching to Sprint and I never had a problem with them. I'm thinking we'd probably get a better deal through AT&T since we could bundle it with our other services but try talking the mister into that. LOL

Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,938,069 times
Best of luck canceling that Sprint phone. I had the same issue- northwest side of town and I'm trying to build houses. It didn't work and I took mine back the next day. They charged me 25 bucks because I didn't return the phone with the original box that they kept at the store. Now you'd think that would be it- right? Not so lucky. They charged me $450.00 cancellation fees and phone time (which was zero) even though they had a warranty that if you don't like the service you can return it at no charge. Obviously they didn't get their money but it was a major hassle that took months to straighten out. Sprint will never see me in one of their stores again.

I was with T Mobile but had the same issues with hardly any service on the far northwest. I'm with Verizon now and while not perfection, it's better than any other service I've had. If you are out towards Medina Lake, the only service that's reliable out there is Cingular which is now part of AT&T.

Best of luck. You'd think as many cellphones that are in use today that the providers would be looking at customer service real hard trying to keep happy customers. If there's one out there, I apparently haven't seen it yet. If you look at the companies with the worst customer service records nationwide, the cellphone industry is the poster child.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Best of luck canceling that Sprint phone. I had the same issue- northwest side of town and I'm trying to build houses. It didn't work and I took mine back the next day. They charged me 25 bucks because I didn't return the phone with the original box that they kept at the store. Now you'd think that would be it- right? Not so lucky. They charged me $450.00 cancellation fees and phone time (which was zero) even though they had a warranty that if you don't like the service you can return it at no charge. Obviously they didn't get their money but it was a major hassle that took months to straighten out. Sprint will never see me in one of their stores again.

I was with T Mobile but had the same issues with hardly any service on the far northwest. I'm with Verizon now and while not perfection, it's better than any other service I've had. If you are out towards Medina Lake, the only service that's reliable out there is Cingular which is now part of AT&T.

Best of luck. You'd think as many cellphones that are in use today that the providers would be looking at customer service real hard trying to keep happy customers. If there's one out there, I apparently haven't seen it yet. If you look at the companies with the worst customer service records nationwide, the cellphone industry is the poster child.

WOW!!!! I sure hope I don't have this issue returning our phones and cancelling our services. I have a house out at Medina and Verizon and Sprint both worked good for us out there. Verizon works good for me here at the house in town but Sprint is a freaking joke. I'm off to see what happens. Wish me luck.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM

229 posts, read 672,807 times
Since you just did t yesterday, it might be possible to cancel your service, don't they have some kind of time frame where you can return your phone and cancel service should it not be adequate for you?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:34 PM

291 posts, read 608,251 times
I think they have a 30 day return policy.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM

229 posts, read 672,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apal View Post
I think they have a 30 day return policy.
Yep, that sounds about right, but I wouldn't wait.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM

291 posts, read 608,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Yep, that sounds about right, but I wouldn't wait.

I agree, Go as soon as possible!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM

332 posts, read 529,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
Ok, So I totally screwed up and changed my cell service to Sprint yesterday I had NOOOOO idea their reception on this side of town was so bad (1604/151 area). To make a phone call or send a text message, I have to go to my backporch or it ain't happening. As far as using the internet, forget about it, not happening either. So, for those of you much smarter than I, can you please recommend a service provider to me? I'm taking my new phones back to the store and cancelling my service today and need to switch over to a new provider as well. Thanks for your help.
a lot of people hate it, but ive been using cricket for a good while now and have zero issues with coverages in your area and pretty much every area in sa. i travel to austin and sometimes further south on business and never have an issue with coverage, internet or cell.

texts always go through but once in a blue moon, i wont get texts for a few hours then get like 20 at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: