Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM

13 posts, read 40,835 times

Advertisements

My bf and I are thinking about moving to SA sometime next summer, and so I'm planning to visit in Nov. to get a feel for the city. I'm hoping that people in SA can help me with some questions. Which restaurants should I try, and where can I get some authentic Tex-Mex? Any suggestions on places I should visit? We're hoping to eventually find a house in a safe, tree filled neighborhood, for less than $200,000. I've read a lot about Westcreek, and plan on checking it out while visiting, but are there any other areas I should look into? I'd really appreciate any info anyone could give me. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,438,152 times
Again, where you would be working will really drive the locations that you should focus on. My mom lives in San Antonio, as do we (Westcreek) but she is 45 minutes away from me WITHOUT major traffic....so, depending on where you would be having to go daily and when you would be having to go (traffic flow) it would be much better to have some idea where you are going to work/go to school/whatever your daily commitments are to help you figure out a good area to check out in this sprawling city.

Good tex-mex....that is a hard question...LOL! Just about every corner of this city offers some good Tex-Mex!!! That is a MAJOR drawback to living here if you are trying to loose weight...all the excellent food!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:47 AM

260 posts, read 1,135,274 times
Many of the neighborhoods off of Bandera/ Tezel Rd NW of 410 have the trees and the price range you're looking for. Another area we liked was along Thousand Oaks between 281 & 35.

We're new to the area, so haven't fully explored the tex-mex offerings. However, there are so many good places that you can almost stop in any place with a full parking lot!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM

13 posts, read 40,835 times
Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, we most likely won't be able to get jobs until we move, so I have no idea where we will be commuting to. I guess we're looking for a house that's centrally located. I actually saw an episode of "House Hunters" last night, and it showed a subdivision near downtown called "Great Northwest" that was very reasonably priced. I tried looking on here for some info about it, but couldn't really come up with anything. Does anyone know about this neighborhood?

Thanks Paka, I've been on a diet, but I'm really looking forward to cheating with Tex-Mex!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM

260 posts, read 1,135,274 times
Well, there's the Great Northwest Library, and the Great Northwest HOA... that's in that Tezel Rd area... I don't know how close to downtown it is - with no traffic it takes us about 30 minutes to get downtown from close to that area. The bad thing is that there's no direct highway - you've got to work your way down Bandera or Culebra until you get to 410. I work off of I-10, and have found some great back-roads to get over that direction, so there might be something that works heading toward downtown too - I just don't know the area all that well yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio