Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 PM

74 posts, read 252,351 times

Advertisements

Don't these builders use maintenance-free siding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIAcakes View Post
Don't these builders use maintenance-free siding?
There is no such thing.

- I think you are referring to fiber cement hardie siding. While it doesn't rot...it still needs to be painted just like wood.

- Vinyl siding needs to be powerwashed and when old can become britle and crack if bumped.

- Wood siding can rot and needs to be painted every five years.

- Fiber board siding (rarely used these days) crumbles apart when it gets wet. Unfortunately too many of the old RAYCO and Pulte homes used this. It is by far the worst type of siding ever used.

If you want maintenance free siding go build an all brick house.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Insurance considers fibre cement (hardiplank) the same as masonry, so that can at least net you a discount.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Insurance considers fibre cement (hardiplank) the same as masonry, so that can at least net you a discount.
Correct. Of all the siding options it is the best. And you can get it in various formats - including shingle style for extra architectural appeal. All of my trim on my house (which is four sides brick) is hardiplank including the soffits.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times
Be careful. Just because they "say" they are puttijng in a pool doesn't mean it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123456 View Post
Thanks for the info....Cibolo is working on building a park next to the community and the HOA owns two lots that they are looking to build a swimming pool on.

I definitely agree Fox Grove is in a great area - very beautiful. Albeit I wouldn't want to live next to the high power lines, or deal with the flooding issues on Evans road. The plus side is the great views, and the PGA golf course going up next door. I would think that with the PGA course going up they would fix the Evans road flooding issues. The other downside is the rumor I heard that the property tax rate will be 3% (annexation) as compared to 2.4% or so in Cibolo.

Did you have your home constructed? Did you hire an inspector?

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM

Tax rates are 2.7% even in NEISD - so it isn't that much more than the 2.4% in Cibolo.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 PM

39 posts, read 107,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof5! View Post
I am looking in the Links at Scenic Hills...KB Homes. What are opinions on this sub division---anyone?

anyone move here? hows it going if so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio