Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 AM

226 posts, read 925,908 times

Advertisements

All,

Anyone live or know of anyone that lives in the KB Springtree subdivision in Cibolo? I am looking to purchase a home out there, and I want your opinion.

Thanks,

Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM

116 posts, read 452,551 times
Default Not exactly what you're looking for but....

My husband and I looked out there. Our 2 biggest dislikes were the fact that they did not have a swimming pool/playground area and there were not many trees. We ended up in Fox Grove (off Evans) same floor plans but different neighborhood. We paid more for the same floor plan in Fox Grove but like the neighborhood better.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but just my 2 cents.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanks for the info....Cibolo is working on building a park next to the community and the HOA owns two lots that they are looking to build a swimming pool on.

I definitely agree Fox Grove is in a great area - very beautiful. Albeit I wouldn't want to live next to the high power lines, or deal with the flooding issues on Evans road. The plus side is the great views, and the PGA golf course going up next door. I would think that with the PGA course going up they would fix the Evans road flooding issues. The other downside is the rumor I heard that the property tax rate will be 3% (annexation) as compared to 2.4% or so in Cibolo.

Did you have your home constructed? Did you hire an inspector?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:52 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,743,855 times
IH 35 corridor doesn't have as good of home appreciation as does the North Central Area. Fox Grove would be a better long term investment. As for the Evans Road issue - that will be fixed you can count on it - due to the PGA investment.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
IH 35 corridor doesn't have as good of home appreciation as does the North Central Area. Fox Grove would be a better long term investment. As for the Evans Road issue - that will be fixed you can count on it - due to the PGA investment.
I think your right...the immediate future Fox Grove is probably a better buy. I plan on staying put for a while, so I have no interest for quick resale. It's a six mile commute to work from Springtree as compared to a 13 miles commute from Fox Grove.

Long term though, I do like the Schertz, Cibolo, Selma area. When they get the light rail from Austin to San Antonio up and running, living in these communities will make it easy access to both San Antonio and Austin.

Eric

Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 PM

116 posts, read 452,551 times
Default Very Happy

Yes we had our home constructed in Fox Grove and had a wonderful experience with our sales person, who unfortunately is no longer with KB. Our construction superintendent was WONDERFUL and readily available when we had questiosn. We did hire inspectors and they did not discover any major issues, just little touch up areas that were fixed in 24 hours. We moved in last May and have not had any major problems. Any small issues we've had (ex...one outlet in the garage didn't work and our garage door needed to be balanced) were attended to withing 48 hours of the request.

Evans Road is not my favorite road but I do think once the PGA stuff is done they will widen it. I have a 25 mile commute each way to work but feel it is worth it to come home here.

Again...just my 2 cents...like they say different strokes...

Old 09-23-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever01 View Post
Yes we had our home constructed in Fox Grove and had a wonderful experience with our sales person, who unfortunately is no longer with KB. Our construction superintendent was WONDERFUL and readily available when we had questiosn. We did hire inspectors and they did not discover any major issues, just little touch up areas that were fixed in 24 hours. We moved in last May and have not had any major problems. Any small issues we've had (ex...one outlet in the garage didn't work and our garage door needed to be balanced) were attended to withing 48 hours of the request.

Evans Road is not my favorite road but I do think once the PGA stuff is done they will widen it. I have a 25 mile commute each way to work but feel it is worth it to come home here.

Again...just my 2 cents...like they say different strokes...
This is great news. We are currently looking in Saddle Mountain and have been impressed with KB so far. They are not the old RAYCO that is for sure. They are finally bringing their more premium product to San Antonio that they sell in other markets across the country.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123456 View Post
I think your right...the immediate future Fox Grove is probably a better buy. I plan on staying put for a while, so I have no interest for quick resale. It's a six mile commute to work from Springtree as compared to a 13 miles commute from Fox Grove.

Long term though, I do like the Schertz, Cibolo, Selma area. When they get the light rail from Austin to San Antonio up and running, living in these communities will make it easy access to both San Antonio and Austin.

Eric
I was just over near Springtree last week - hadn't seen it in person yet and was surprised - it is one of the nicer neighborhoods in that area. But as a word of warning - the Centex neighborhood in the same area is a sea of siding covered boxes that all look the same - this will hurt resale value long term. It used to be that KB neighborhoods looked like that. Springtree is much nicer (as are most newer KB neighborhoods) than the boring plain jane Centex neighborhood across the street.

Remember that the siding will need to be painted some day. I hope for the sake of that Centex neighborhood that they have deed restrictions to prevent a "colorful" person from paining their home baby blue or some god awful color like that.

Again - I think Fox Grove is a better buy.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
I was just over near Springtree last week - hadn't seen it in person yet and was surprised - it is one of the nicer neighborhoods in that area. But as a word of warning - the Centex neighborhood in the same area is a sea of siding covered boxes that all look the same - this will hurt resale value long term. It used to be that KB neighborhoods looked like that. Springtree is much nicer (as are most newer KB neighborhoods) than the boring plain jane Centex neighborhood across the street.

Remember that the siding will need to be painted some day. I hope for the sake of that Centex neighborhood that they have deed restrictions to prevent a "colorful" person from paining their home baby blue or some god awful color like that.

Again - I think Fox Grove is a better buy.

You are definitely right about the centex siding, but I have looked at a lot of homes in more expensive areas like Stone Oak. 300K+ homes have siding in the back. I believe at the price point that I am paying 200K, it is very very uncommon to find an all brick two story home.

Springtree is 20K less than Fox Grove, and Springtree is all Hallmarks as compared to Hallmarks and the Classics at Fox Grove.

The one thing that will make Springtree very desireable is the commuter rail from San Antonio to Austin that is slated to open in 2010 or 2011. A proposed stop is in the Cibolo/Schertz area. Springtree will become an easy commute not only to San Antonio, but to also Austin.

Cibolo/Schertz also has both I35 and I10 easy access. Not to mention considerably lower property taxes. Fox Grove will be paying San Antonio tax rates soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123456 View Post
You are definitely right about the centex siding, but I have looked at a lot of homes in more expensive areas like Stone Oak. 300K+ homes have siding in the back. I believe at the price point that I am paying 200K, it is very very uncommon to find an all brick two story home.

Springtree is 20K less than Fox Grove, and Springtree is all Hallmarks as compared to Hallmarks and the Classics at Fox Grove.

The one thing that will make Springtree very desireable is the commuter rail from San Antonio to Austin that is slated to open in 2010 or 2011. A proposed stop is in the Cibolo/Schertz area. Springtree will become an easy commute not only to San Antonio, but to also Austin.

Cibolo/Schertz also has both I35 and I10 easy access. Not to mention considerably lower property taxes. Fox Grove will be paying San Antonio tax rates soon.
In looking for a new home all brick/stone was a requirement - even in the back. My wife and I are looking in the Stone Oak area and in the price range we are interested in ($200-300K) KB had the ONLY community that had standard four sides brick. That community is Saddle Mountain - a small neighborhood on Evans that backs up to Stone Oak Park.

Centex has become what the old KB/RAYCO was - builder of cheap siding covered boxes. Funny how times have changed. I would have never thought that KB would be more desireable than Centex. The good thing is that both have improved dramatically in terms of quality.

You are correct that Spring Tree is cheaper than Fox Grove - but the concern I raised about the cheap looking Centex neighborhoods is that in the long term - those cheap looking neighborhoods will drag down the property values and affect the resale of the Spring Tree area. You never want to have the nicest home in the area...no matter how good it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio