Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,789 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any indoor activities for toddlers? We have been to the children's museum downtown and its okay but having to park, walk, and there really isn't that much to do at the museum for a 2 year old its not worth the money. We went to the inflatable world at Rolling Oaks and while they have a toddler area it is only separated by a rope and the whole time I was chasing my son back into the area because he wanted to get on the bigger inflatables which would be fine if the older kids didn't mow him down all the time. In a city so big there has to be some indoor place that is safe and fun and worth the money to go. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 AM

381 posts, read 1,092,600 times
I'm always looking for good indoor activities for my 2 year old and 7 year old.

There is Funtastic Playland on San Pedro just south(?) of 410. Its a little run down looking but its popular and I take my 2 year old there all the time.

I'm from Houston and the malls here really seem to be lacking. North Star is a nice mall but has no arcade or play area for children. Rolling Oaks and Ingram mall are lacking too. At least Ingram has a play area for toddlers but it can get crowded with rowdy kids.

There is always Chuck E Cheese. Your 2 year old may be too young for it but the new Main Event off of 1604 and 281 is nice. I also take my 2 year old to Barnes and Nobles to play with their train table.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times
Ive taken my son to Funtastic Playland on san pedro and its a decent place. it smells like a gym sock only because sweaty little feet are running everywhere. Its to be expected i guess. My son had a great time and was worn out when we left. I think there is a place in alamo ranch called Pee-wees bees? they have a lot of indoor stuff as well. Have you thought about joining a playgroup? Our subdivision has a playgroup website and although they dont get together often its nice to know others in the area that have toddlers and they can get some interaction. You can always take your little one to Kiddie park ive heard theyve done a lot of renovations and its much better than it was before. Id love to see more stuff posted as i'm a stay at home mom to a toddler myself. Good luck!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM

759 posts, read 3,688,652 times
We love the area parks, but of course, they're not indoor. Also, we spend lots of time at the pool in the summer.

I love Just Add Children off Bandera Rd. It's not at all near where I live, but worth the drive IMO. My daughter was 2 1/2 last summer and she did great there!

The New Braunfels' Children's Museum is SO amazing!!!!! We love it. I have not even been to the SA one.

MCKENNAKIDS.ORG

I'll come back with more as I think of them.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 AM

181 posts, read 674,063 times
I'm also looking for activities for my 2 year old, so thank you for the suggestions. I just checked out Just Add Children's website and it looks like my daughter would love it! Is it clean inside? We went to Minitown for a birthday party and it was such a mess and very dirty. I will never go back!

I second the McKenna Children's Museum. It's so nice and my daughter and her friends had the best time!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 PM

759 posts, read 3,688,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlli View Post
I'm also looking for activities for my 2 year old, so thank you for the suggestions. I just checked out Just Add Children's website and it looks like my daughter would love it! Is it clean inside? We went to Minitown for a birthday party and it was such a mess and very dirty. I will never go back!
We have not been since last summer, but IMO it was very clean!! Or as clean as it can be with so many toddlers running around.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM

181 posts, read 674,063 times
Thank you! I'll definitely check it out next week. It's not close to where I live either, but it sounds and looks like it's worth the drive!

Another suggestion for an indoor activity would be the public libraries. I took my daughter to the Parman Library off Wilderness Oak last summer for story time. They have a baby and toddler story time. I haven't checked it out this summer yet, but I plan to.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times
City data should have a moms with toddlers play date as it seems as there are a bunch of us in the same boat!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
City data should have a moms with toddlers play date as it seems as there are a bunch of us in the same boat!
You're welcome to start your own one - here's how:
  • Click on My Settings at the top left of the page
  • Go to Your Control Panel column located on the left side of page
  • Go to Networking and select Social Groups
  • Go to the bottom of the page and select Create a New Group
  • Enter Your Group Name and Group Description
  • Select Group Type - Options are Public (open to all members on City-Data, Moderatored (Member invited only - with moderation) or Invite Only (private group where you issue invitations to only those members that you'd like to see join - with no moderation provided)<--Recommended
  • Save
  • Once you've created your group above, go to the bottom of the page that will be shown for your group and click on Pending & Invite Members. This will bring up the Invite User box where you will enter in each member's name (one at a time) you'd like to join your group. As you add different names you've invited, a list of members will be created and shown on this same page where you can then continue to invite more members to your group, or cancel the invitation you've issued to one or more members.
After you've created your group and issued invitations, this Social Group will operate like any forum does except it will be your own private forum just for your group where you can post to each other about whatever subject, plans, etc. that you want. Whoever creates a group like this is considered the Leader and can leave messages to the entire group in the message box as was shown when you first created it.

Have FUN!

If you have any further questions or need assistance with this, please see the About the Forum Forum and/or the FAQ Forum... or just send me a DM, I'd be glad to help.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-11-2012 at 12:03 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 PM

39 posts, read 84,405 times
I would love an invite someone does start a group! I have a 15 month old son and while he does go to daycare, his momma would like to meet others!

Anyways , I was just looking at this same stuff tonight and I think we are going to try out tha funtastic wonderland on San Pedro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio