Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

rd2007 - Do you know if the fence letter came to every resident or just those that share the common fences?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I do not know. I got mine today and I have a fence that butts up against Westcreek Oaks.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 PM

It is a shame that the fences don't last. You all will be paying for someones' poor quality work.

Although the fences need to be stained I hope that they do them all at the same time. It does look bad when you see areas of stained fences amongst areas that are not.

I have sent our BOD an email requesting to be on the committee.

I'll let you know when I get a response.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I would like to secede from the HOA.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Please give me your input on this suggestion:

There are many of us here in The Villages of Westcreek who take pride in our homes /yards/ etc. The Stardards Monitors have their hands full on a daily basis writing notices. Several years ago I approached the HOA Staff (in person) with a suggestion that could turn out to be a "Win" "Win" for them and the Homeowners'. Like you all I see smaller neighborhoods / subdivisions that have "The Yard of the Month". I know that this would not work here due to the number of homes and of course it would be too much to ask for. I wouldn't even suggest that each "Village" have "The Yard of the Month".
I did suggest the we have "The Village of the Month". No prizes, no flowers for the Monuments, just recognition for a job well done. This could be as simple as a sign(s), similar to those currently used for VOWC Events, place at the Monument(s) and recognition in our newsletter.
I would think that The Standards Coordinator could query the number of notices issued every month within each Vilage. I know there would have to be a fair formula due to the number of homes in each Village. If this was not a fair way then a quick drive through each Village would work.
My reasoning for this at the time (and I still feel this way) was to recognize those who do their part to "Help Keep Westcreek Beautiful" *Although this makes no difference to some, I know several older couples /individuals who don't use the pools, playground, sportspark, etc. They do however spend alot of time in their yards which reflects upon their Village. This would give them something in return.
When this was suggested to HOA Staff I was told that "Americans feel a need to be recognized for doing the right thing".
I still feel this would be a great suggestion and it too would help the Standards Monitors' and Coordinator.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
where is this happening around that time? I leave my house around 5:15 and would gladly make a detour to give some kids some flying lessons.. if anyone hears a scream around that time by the bridge, just keep moving. there's nothing to see..

I think he said it was Texas Mulberry.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Lil

32 posts, read 77,016 times
Basically; what the Fence letter is telling you is that you and all others butting up to Westcreek Oaks and Military are getting your fences freshly stained at no cost to you. Since all of these homeowners "own" those fences they will be responsible for their own repairs. The HOA has a maintenance crew; of which one used to work for a fencing company. Many of these homeowners take pride and do a good job in preventing dogs/shrubs/landscaping from messing up the fences on the inside. The ones that don't; will have to make repairs on their fences before the HOA will come by and stain them. If you want to stay informed of what's going on - just go down to the Community center and as the Asst. CM or CM - that is why they are there! Westcreek has over 6 miles of fencing; eventually they are going to be replaced with a more permanent, lasting material. Of course, this is costly, and may have to be done in phases and budgeted for the future. That why the HOA has strategic planning committee to come up with a plan for 3, 5 and 10 years down the road. It would be great if more people would become more active and take the time to get involved and become more informed of what is really going on in this community instead of relying on gossip and rumors. So, I say thankyou to those homeowners, like myself, that like maintaining my home and property up to a standard for which we can all be proud and benefit.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:00 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Like the current fencing is going to last 3, 5 or 10 yrs down the road. I have lived here since 1994, and we were informed that part of the HOA fees paid were to keep up the common areas. The fence issue has been put on the back burner for picnics, Oktoberfest and such. Time to take care of business and then have fun with the $$ as far as I am concerned. (and NO, I do not have a fence that butts up to a common area).

Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Lil -With all due respect why have a 3.5.10 year plan if the intentions are to replace the fences with a longer lasting fencing material. Why not stop throwing good money after bad. I am not a fence builder but I know quality when I see it and I don't nor have I ever seen it in these fences. As you may have read in the past I work for a major ciy owned utility. I have been in and out of the same subdivisions over and over throughout the years. Why do I see fences built better and last longer?

As far as staining the fences I feel it is better if the HOA Staff does the job. In my opinion all repairs need to be made and the staining done all at once. If not we will drive down Westcreek Oaks and Military and see patches of stained and unstained fences.

By the way our fence isn't one along the common area either. But like many others we want our money (the dues that we pay) to be spent wisely.

I sent an email to the Fence Committee last week to become part of it. As of today there has been no reply

Last edited by wellguy; 06-15-2009 at 06:37 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Lil -With all due respect why have a 3.5.10 year plan if the intentions are to replace the fences with a longer lasting fencing material. Why not stop throwing good money after bad. I am not a fence builder but I know quality when I see it and I don't nor have I ever seen it in these fences. As you may have read in the past I work for a major ciy owned utility. I have been in and out of the same subdivisions over and over throughout the years. Why do I see fences built better and last longer?

As far as staining the fences I feel it is better if the HOA Staff does the job. In my opinion all repairs need to be made and the staining done all at once. If not we will drive down Westcreek Oaks and Military and see patches of stained and unstained fences.

By the way our fence isn't one along the common area either. But like many others we want our money (the dues that we pay) to be spent wisely.

I sent an email to the Fence Committee last week to become part of it. As of today there has been no reply
I think they're well aware that you were the ballbreaker regarding the garbage trucks. Maybe that's why they are stonewalling you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio