Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times

Advertisements

Fence staining in full swing along Westcreek Oaks today. One ugly stain choice but at least it should be a consistent color down the "major roads".

Old 09-03-2009, 05:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
I still can't find anyone to repair my fence. It's like people don't want business or something...
and yes, I could do it myself, but I don't want to

Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
I see that a sprinkler system was installed on both sides of the clock tower. The HOA is now watering the weeds/clover, so why not spend a little more and install some drought-tolerant grass? Personally, I think they should have went with xeriscaping but so much for thinking outside the box.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 PM

I think you're thinking inside the box and the HOA is thinking out in left field..

Old 09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Lil

32 posts, read 76,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I see that a sprinkler system was installed on both sides of the clock tower. The HOA is now watering the weeds/clover, so why not spend a little more and install some drought-tolerant grass? Personally, I think they should have went with xeriscaping but so much for thinking outside the box.

From what I hear - the front entrance will be the next landscaping improvement - That front entrance should be a showpiece. Now that the busted water and electric has been repaired; and fall weather approaching - It is the ideal time for water-saver plantings - even drought tolerant plants need an occasional drink to survive....

Old 09-05-2009, 09:17 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
Quote:
Several years ago I complained about those same weeds that we were paying someone to mow. I asked that the HOA take measurres (weed killers, whether a dry ganual or spray) but I was told it would cost too much. So instead we contine to pay someone to cut /mow and now water the weeds.

Things would be alot different of those weeds were in our yards.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 AM

I wanted to let you all know of something that happened Thursday abot 6:30 pm. It may not be anything but its' good to share this sort of information.

My Son was washing his car and noticed a mid 80's white VW Jetta driving slowly by. The two occupants gave my Son and his car a long look. He has a sharp car with nice wheels and tires but it still struck him as odd. He said it was the fact that they were driving slow and the gawking. The car made the loop around The Hollow and then came around again still driving slow. When my Son made eye contact with them they both quickly looked away. That's the last he saw of them. Usually when someone see's a car that they like (due to its appearance) and the owner is present a wave or nod is given. I have never made a repeat trip to see a car unless its an exotic sports car.

His car is rarely parked outside so there is no worry that it will be stolen or tampered with. Well, maybe a little worry.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:44 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Several years ago I complained about those same weeds that we were paying someone to mow. I asked that the HOA take measurres (weed killers, whether a dry ganual or spray) but I was told it would cost too much. So instead we contine to pay someone to cut /mow and now water the weeds.

Things would be alot different of those weeds were in our yards.
Oh, but they are...drive around and you'll see weeds in many yards (especially in the driveway/sidewalk joints).

Last edited by Steel Man; 09-05-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, but they are...drive around and you'll see weeds in many yards (especially in the driveway/sidewalk joints.
I don't know why weedy yards along with weeds in sidewalk cracks are not enforced upon.
The guy who walks The Hollow does just that, walks! There are many times when he walks without a clipboard, courtesy notices, etc.. I have seen the same weeds in the same yards and sidewalks month after month. I know it takes time to correct a problem once the Homeowner is given a notice but 5-6 months (and counting) is too long. It basically tells me that it's overlooked.

I guess I should expect that since our own HOA Maintenance Staff can't keep weeds down. I laughed (not a funny laugh) when new mulch was put down over weeds at several of the monuments. Now the weeds are growing through the mulch. Someone needs some guidance or training or maybe a little common sense.

Can anyone tell me how many Maintenance People we employ and the number of hours they work each week? If they are full time then we are getting another screw job since this place should look a hell of a lot better.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-05-2009 at 10:38 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I wanted to let you all know of something that happened Thursday abot 6:30 pm. It may not be anything but its' good to share this sort of information.

My Son was washing his car and noticed a mid 80's white VW Jetta driving slowly by. The two occupants gave my Son and his car a long look. He has a sharp car with nice wheels and tires but it still struck him as odd. He said it was the fact that they were driving slow and the gawking. The car made the loop around The Hollow and then came around again still driving slow. When my Son made eye contact with them they both quickly looked away. That's the last he saw of them. Usually when someone see's a car that they like (due to its appearance) and the owner is present a wave or nod is given. I have never made a repeat trip to see a car unless its an exotic sports car.

His car is rarely parked outside so there is no worry that it will be stolen or tampered with. Well, maybe a little worry.
is the car yellow by any chance? (not the Jetta)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio