Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskdodd View Post
Yeah our playground looks all ghetto compared to that one, i would think Westcreek has enough funds to update the playground here seeing as how this area has grown in the past year or so.
Agree. I take my grandkids there once in awhile. Also, need to get rid of the climbing bars. They are too far apart and a kid can slip and crack their head open. Getting rid of the gravel and replace with sand would be better. The kids throw the gravel at each other and put it over everything in the playground. If WC can afford to build/maintain two pools, it can afford to upgrade the playground equipment.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Agree. I take my grandkids there once in awhile. Also, need to get rid of the climbing bars. They are too far apart and a kid can slip and crack their head open. Getting rid of the gravel and replace with sand would be better. The kids throw the gravel at each other and put it over everything in the playground. If WC can afford to build/maintain two pools, it can afford to upgrade the playground equipment.
I have no idea how much it is, but what about that playground matting? I think it is recycled from something but it is soft to prevent injuries and it would get rid of the rock throwing problem.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,422,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
C'mon, that's an assumption. Keep in mind that WC recently started their own pool crew (lifeguards, etc) instead of hiring an outside agency to do it. So they're moving in the right direction, it just takes time.

Has anyone called the office and asked about the playground?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
C'mon, that's an assumption. Keep in mind that WC recently started their own pool crew (lifeguards, etc) instead of hiring an outside agency to do it. So they're moving in the right direction, it just takes time.

Has anyone called the office and asked about the playground?
To be honest, we dont go down to the playground very often so it isn't a big issue or us. I appreciate the pools and amineties that are offered around here, I see a lot of communities that have it a lot worse. It does take time, and unfortunately, you are never going to make everyone happy.

This does remind me to call the office and ask about swim lessons. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
To be honest, we dont go down to the playground very often so it isn't a big issue or us. I appreciate the pools and amineties that are offered around here, I see a lot of communities that have it a lot worse. It does take time, and unfortunately, you are never going to make everyone happy.

This does remind me to call the office and ask about swim lessons. Thanks.

The new schedule and info on lessons are posted on their website now...

Old 04-14-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
The new schedule and info on lessons are posted on their website now...
Thanks. I will check it out.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Exclamation Meeting Tonight

There's a meeting tonight at 6:30 about the new Westcreek Recreation Team - this is the team that is replacing the old Sports Park Committee. If you would like to help out or volunteer, this is the meeting to go to!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 AM

I would love to. I have to see what time my hubby is getting home tonight, he would have to watch the kiddos.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 AM

Here's the email I got from Sandy:

Quote:
Hey All,

First let me send out a million X X O O to those wonderful volunteers that helped out at our annual picnic. This event would not have taken place without your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you....

I also wanted to get the word out on the new "Westcreek Recreation Team"
This team is a group of volunteers that I can call on to help at different events we will be having here in our community. You will not be asked or expected to help out at all events, just the ones "you" choose. There are perks that go along with this committee.

I will be going over your perks and everything this new team will be involved in.

The meeting is tonight at 6:30pm at the community center.

Hope to see you there,

Sandy McManus,
Recreation Director

Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 AM

I am planning on going tonight. I will gladly help out if I can.

I emailed Sandy and she got back to me right away with all the info about swim lessons. It already sounds much better than the way it was ran last year. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio