Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
There was an ATTY. who as he spoke kept referring to "his clients" who are Homeowner's. Maybe something is up.

What's up with the copy / copies of the Westcreek Blog that caused so much controversy setting out at the HOA Office?
Wellguy, you've been around long enough to know that April is the key. The attorney is a waste. Voting them out is the most effective way to get anything done. May not see results right away either, as only some of them are up for expired terms.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,058 times
I think there must be action now. Having legal counsel is one way. Another is to contact the Texas Attorney General. Another is to contact state representatives. Continued pressure with purpose and not emotions is the right way forward.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM

36 posts, read 55,457 times
Default Alot of money-Too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
I certainly hope so, because enough is enough! By the way...how much did we pay that junior attorney to attend to contribute absolutely nothing to the meeting?
$250.00 an hour from 6:30 or so to 1:45 a.m., too much money for not being able to answer very many questions in my opinion

Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 AM

36 posts, read 55,457 times
Default Tom Newton

Quote:
I certainly hope so, because enough is enough! By the way...how much did we pay that junior attorney to attend to contribute absolutely nothing to the meeting?
I should correct myself I know Tom Newton makes $250 an hour (becase he said so at the Town Hall Mtg.) but I'm not sure what a Jr. Atty. makes. Sorry for the possible previous misinformation. Thank you.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:55 PM

6 posts, read 8,189 times
Quote:
Well Folks ,I honestly don't know if I'll be able to attend the monthly meeting. As you know I'll try my best but work has been a little busy this week. Tonight I didn't leave until 7:30pm.

For those of you that do attend I'm certain there are others like me that would like some feedback. I would greatly appreciate it.

Has anyone purchased a copy of the 2010 Proposed Budget? If so do you have an comments / concerns /complaints at this time?
2010 budget, lots of money for administration, salaries etc., no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, not much for water aerobics. The Homeowners seem to be left out of this one. Only pay, pay and pay some more to keep an empty pool and Club House.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:28 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,058 times
Still haven't seen any paperwork to get the assessment rate from $228 (per the CC&Rs) to $257 (amount that has been charged for years). Without that, this year's rate of $264 can't be legal. Sounds like a refund of $29 per year per home prior to 2009 is due to everyone who paid $257 instead of $228 if that paperwork doesn't show up. I know the board has been asked at least twice to produce this paperwork.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzy473 View Post
2010 budget, lots of money for administration, salaries etc., no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, not much for water aerobics. The Homeowners seem to be left out of this one. Only pay, pay and pay some more to keep an empty pool and Club House.
We have to pay them the BIG BUCKS to retain them.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I would like to think he didn't get a dime. He was a little more than useless.

It's sad that he sat there representing the BOD knowing as much about water as I do law. Which is nothing.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,553,693 times
Quote:
We have to pay them the BIG BUCKS to retain them.
Honestly? I saw the job recs (experience/degree/etc) and what was in the budget that you had paid for the positions previously. It SURE didn't seem like "BIG BUCKS" to me. I'm honestly asking if you feel that the paid positions are over-compensated.

And I'm TOTALLY not up to speed on all of you guys' issues, but are the Board Members really wanting to stay on? Can someone give me a quick ("in 100 words or less" ) summary of what the issues are that would necessitate "voting them out" and all the other hullabuloo? Just a simple "they won't do this or this" or "they wanna do this and this". I've tried to keep up with it all, but it's tough!!! We're considering moving next summer, and Westcreek has been on our short list, but Iunno????????

Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Honestly? I saw the job recs (experience/degree/etc) and what was in the budget that you had paid for the positions previously. It SURE didn't seem like "BIG BUCKS" to me. I'm honestly asking if you feel that the paid positions are over-compensated.

And I'm TOTALLY not up to speed on all of you guys' issues, but are the Board Members really wanting to stay on? Can someone give me a quick ("in 100 words or less" ) summary of what the issues are that would necessitate "voting them out" and all the other hullabuloo? Just a simple "they won't do this or this" or "they wanna do this and this". I've tried to keep up with it all, but it's tough!!! We're considering moving next summer, and Westcreek has been on our short list, but Iunno????????

I was being sarcastic. That verbage was heard at the Town Hall Meeting to justify Salary Increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio