Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 PM

36 posts, read 55,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Cerberus01: Here are some points I would like to make to your rather lengthy post.

1. When I say "looking for trouble" what I mean is scouting for undesirable elements, situations, etc. If the COP is not out looking for trouble, then what are they doing cruising?

2. When I first moved here, my village was not completely built out. We had a security guard, through a private agency, provided by the builder. It was great! All of my neighbors will agree, he did an outstanding job, not only taking care of the building materials, but taking care of our homes as well. In fact, many of us wish the security company was still around. Maybe because we had such a positive experience everyone I've talked to is ready to head in this direction.

3. I understand that you are TOTALLY against a paid professional security company coming in to our neighborhood and want to utilize the COP volunteer corps only (and yes...it is a corps...the definition is "a body of persons acting together or associated under common direction) and it's okay for you to feel that way. However, you admit that it is understaffed and that there is difficulty in getting folks to volunteer. I agree...it is way understaffed...so much so that I have NEVER seen them patrol my area. I've asked my neighbors and they have not seen anyone patrolling either. We are an active street. Many of us sit outside until well after midnight on many nights.

So with that, we have A. an understaffed COP program B. Trouble getting volunteers to commit which equals to vandalism still occurring. All signs point to an ineffective system. So when something isn't working...we move on to the next step, right? That next step would be a professional security company to work in tandem with the COP program.

4.You have referred to the professional security companies as "rent-a-cops" and infer that they would provide substandard service. You state that BCSO does not have the power to protect us and ask if I think that Paul Bart the mall cop can? My answer is sure (maybe not Paul Bart himself)...I would have faith in a private company because at least they will show up every now and again. One other thing, your disdain for professional security companies puzzles me. Is it really just the money that's bothering you?

5. I have absolutely no trouble with opposing views. I've stated before that it's obvious that we disagree on this subject and I'm okay with that. I'm not the one who went into a tirade because someone thought differently. Your delivery is less than appealing...there are better ways of getting your point across without disparaging someone by calling them "goofs" or "uninformed" or instructing them to "wake up". As an educator, I would hope you would have a better way of enlightening minds.

And finally, I stand by my opinion...I think that we should entertain the idea of hiring a security company at least until our COP program is running as it should. Again, I thank the COP members for their time and commitment to Westcreek. I applaud them for attempting to make a difference. I appreciate their sacrifices and wish them well in their travels.
Well said shoegal39, my husband and I heard the 2 shots on Thurs. nite and called the BCSO and then I can't remember but either Friday or Sat. night heard the 10-12 shots around 2:30 a.m.

Last edited by LUVDOGS3; 11-14-2009 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: didn't finish

Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Default Well Said shoegal39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDOGS3 View Post
Well said shoegal39, my husband and I heard the 2 shots on Thurs. nite and called the BCSO and then I can't remember but either Friday or Sat. night heard the 10-12 shots around 2:30 a.m.
I'm for a Security Company - they are the professionals. Those gangs need to see their presence-we don't need this to turn into another Indian Creek subdivision!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
are you sure those are actual gun shots? 10-12 is a lot of gun shots.. 2:30 AM is drunk time, but they rarely light off any gun shots. You would think someone would've stopped a drunk before they could get off 10-12 shots.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:18 PM

Default Absolutly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
are you sure those are actual gun shots? 10-12 is a lot of gun shots.. 2:30 AM is drunk time, but they rarely light off any gun shots. You would think someone would've stopped a drunk before they could get off 10-12 shots.
Yes, we heard 5 shots then about 10 minutes later we heard another 5 or 6 more shots. It was frightening, at least for me it was.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:15 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Yes, we heard 5 shots then about 10 minutes later we heard another 5 or 6 more shots. It was frightening, at least for me it was.
What Village was this in? Did anyone contact the HOA Office to inform them of the situation? It's this kind of crap that will help convince them something needs to be done.

Several years ago during a conversation regarding something else I mentioned to the past Community Manger that our yard Christmas Decoration's were stolen. This was a couple of months after Christmas. She requested that I always inform the Office of any crime. I would hope the current Community Manager would want the same.

Just like you I know all to well what the Five Palms Area is like. I know we don't have to worry about WC turning into that type of area. We have rd2007! It sounds like he has quite the arsenal.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:50 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Quote:
Sounds like someone is either reducing the wild pig population or having fun with fireworks.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:05 PM

66 posts, read 84,009 times
Lightbulb Concur

Quote:
I'm for a Security Company - they are the professionals. Those gangs need to see their presence-we don't need this to turn into another Indian Creek subdivision!
I know this Family & they know what GUN SHOTS SOUND LIKE,
also it does not matter what village it is in. The presence of gangs
in VWOC is here, what does calling the office have do to with anything?
They can't even answer a question, let alone do anything after the fact!
Security is a very appropriate answer to the problem.
People have been shooting off guns every since there
was white lightning and guns. The two go hand in hand!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:51 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
It does matter where it takes place. If gunshots (or any other type of crime) are continuosly heard in one specific Village then putting an end to the situation would be a whole lot easier.

There is a reason to report this to the HOA Staff / BOD. We are they eyes and ears of WC. I doubt that BCSD stops by the Office to give them a Crime Report.

We are in the middle of a situation where many Homeowner's want Security. This was an issue long before I addressed the BOD about it at the Town Hall Meeting. They sure as heck did not appear to know about the 6-8 homes that we broken into shortly before the meeting. Who will have the final say on Security? It won't be us unless there is a Special Assessment which we as Homeowner's will have to vote on. It will then turn out like the Street Light Issue. People will not want to spend the extra money and "Poof It's a Mute Point"

With that said it is important that we report this type of activity or any other for that matter. Any information that we provide them can make a difference on their decision. I would hope that those who hear gunshots in the area would also report it to BCSD. That "should" increase their patrols in the area.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:06 PM

Default The oaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
What Village was this in? Did anyone contact the HOA Office to inform them of the situation? It's this kind of crap that will help convince them something needs to be done.

Several years ago during a conversation regarding something else I mentioned to the past Community Manger that our yard Christmas Decoration's were stolen. This was a couple of months after Christmas. She requested that I always inform the Office of any crime. I would hope the current Community Manager would want the same.

Just like you I know all to well what the Five Palms Area is like. I know we don't have to worry about WC turning into that type of area. We have rd2007! It sounds like he has quite the arsenal.
And yes as I said we contacted the BCSO and the HOA and to this day I have never seen the good people from COP patroling our particular street, hence the need for a security company to do the job.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Sounds like someone is either reducing the wild pig population or having fun with fireworks.
I know the difference between fireworks and the sound of a firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio