Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I just read the Newsletter which is now online.

On the left hand side of the page under Community you will click on Newsletter and within a few more clicks there you are.

It's probably just me and my new reading glasses, oh and my 49 years of age, the fact that I need to shed several pounds, my back pain from taking down the Christmas Lights, the fact that my new variable speed Dremel reminds me of the Dentist, etc. but I became confused whle reading it. I'm not used to the layout so it threw me into a state of vertigo.

Anyway it's there with lot's of good information.
Yes and it is a long one (20 pages in PDF format). This newsletter covers four BOD meetings (Aug-Nov 09) with expanded information. Also, there is a long President's message that addresses many allegations/accusations. Overall, a good improvement. Perhaps the HOA could also make a separate BOD meetings archive on the web site.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
If you folks have suggestions for the new newsletter, please let WC know! We're working on making everything pleasant for everyone!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM

66 posts, read 84,009 times
Default Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
If you folks have suggestions for the new newsletter, please let WC know! We're working on making everything pleasant for everyone!

The newsletter is so much better and informative. I like the crime stats.
Thank you! For helping the VWOC post information
that really matters to this community.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,288 times
Like the newsletter. Very disappointed to see the BOD president stating that the assessments are way lower than he thinks they should be. Still too much fat in a $1.1+ million budget. Didn't see any mention of why they are continuing to budget $7,000 for telephones. Time Warner is advertising business class phone and internet for $39 per month. Even if we had 10 separate lines like that its still under $5,000...and I bet we don't need 10 phone lines and 10 internet lines.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM

23 posts, read 27,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
I really hate to give the impression that I'm a harpie...but here goes. The gate to the sports park used to be locked at night (again this was a number of years ago)...for some unknown reason it was too much of a pain in the a** to continue doing so...never got a decent explanation of why. So my statement to this thread is thus...why has there been no discussion by the factions wanting change in WC to protect the present investments in our community? I would much prefer to see my assessments go toward erecting an 8' fence around that sports park, replacing that nerf gate with one that is heavier duty...better yet I'd like to see those pop-up steel pillars or retractable tire shredders now seen at military installations and gov't buildings...I'd like to see high intensity illumination in the park at night along with cameras. I even wouldn't mind paying a higher assessment if it was going to be used wisely by the HOA.

Here's another idea I've bounced off a few individuals in WC...I believe that we (WC) own several acres behind the community center. Why not donate a couple of acres to the county for the purpose of building a BCSO sub-station in WC, have the association take the tax write-off, and then approach the other HOA’s around us to see if they would be interested in donating to a building fund for the purpose of constructing such a facility? It doesn’t have to be an elaborate structure and WC could donate or explore leasing options with the county. My contacts have indicated that the SO would listen to this proposal and probably jump on it. If you knew exactly how many BCSO units were actually patrolling this part of the county blood would shoot right out of your eyes. (I borrowed that from Beck). This facility could also serve as a ESD first responder satellite operation for fire and EMS runs. Imagine a small fire response and EMS capability right in your own neighborhood. Then…WC could purchase several surplus vehicles…have them repainted and remarked “Westcreek Neighborhood Patrol”…or something like that…then hire off-duty BCSO deputies (part-time) to patrol WC.

This would be my agenda if I were running for the BOD…but I’m not (been there done that). My message to WC is if you want to get serious about your neighborhood and fight back against idiots who insist on defacing and destroying “our” property…then do it in a way that will send a message that we do mean business…and there’s an obstacle course to navigate and price to pay for trashing and invading our neighborhood. In the mean time if WC did decide to get serious and implement such a plan…all of you could take credit for making a significant contribution to your community…we are all stakeholders in our HOA..so why not go for the brass ring on this merry-go-round instead of fighting among ourselves? So how about it WC…does anyone out there have the stones to team up and go for the brass ring? Or do we sit around and jaw jack?
This all sounds good and I'm on board...I would even up my share of assessments to make this happen. But I'm sure this will only cause for more complaining and Bi******.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Like the newsletter. Very disappointed to see the BOD president stating that the assessments are way lower than he thinks they should be. Still too much fat in a $1.1+ million budget. Didn't see any mention of why they are continuing to budget $7,000 for telephones. Time Warner is advertising business class phone and internet for $39 per month. Even if we had 10 separate lines like that its still under $5,000...and I bet we don't need 10 phone lines and 10 internet lines.
Then you would be complaining that they are standing around waiting for a computer or an open phone line. I would assume they receive around 100 calls and make another 60 call going out a day. If anything they need more IT to support all the operations going on up there. But again I'm just guessing that no matter what they do or change, someone is going to ***** and complain about something. Why is it that everybody is complaining about WC?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOA Watcher View Post
Why is it that everybody is complaining about WC?
Recommend you read the thread you're posting in.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:56 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOA Watcher View Post
Then you would be complaining that they are standing around waiting for a computer or an open phone line. I would assume they receive around 100 calls and make another 60 call going out a day. If anything they need more IT to support all the operations going on up there. But again I'm just guessing that no matter what they do or change, someone is going to ***** and complain about something. Why is it that everybody is complaining about WC?
Count the full time office staff and try again on your reasoning...

Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Recommend you read the thread you're posting in.
Goodmanm. Why are people complaining is the question? It seems you still have not answered my question? Maybe that's what the problem is nobody here knows how to communicate. The BOD is voted in for 2 years, show up to the meetings and voice your concerns. I'm there every meeting and out of some 3400 plus houses I only see 20 o 30 people. Again my question is still not answered...Goodmanm would you care to try again?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Count the full time office staff and try again on your reasoning...
Umm, 22 full time and one part time. Not really following your point but I'm guessing your up there 8 hours everyday or maybe you're just a Monday morning quarterback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio