Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM

23 posts, read 27,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Some of ya'll are bunch of idiots.. Who is HOA Watcher? The rationale person amongst all of you is wellguy..And I think HOA Watcher is acutally GoingRoug or whatever his name was...Funny, havent' heard from him lately

I want to complain about the complainers!!

It's really simple folks, get in or get out or shut up!!!!
I know who he is...

Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 PM

186 posts, read 345,372 times
You are the only one who has suggested doing away with assessments. We just want to see some sensible spending instead of so much waste.

I would like to see everyone who has heartburn with the budget run for BOD...and if there is a get together prior to the election to meet the candidates maybe they can tell us how they are going to construct a fiscal spending plan that everyone will be happy with..and then we can all hold hands and sing the Coca Cola song and have kumbuya moment. My point is this..unless you are at the budget prep meeting...you have no clue regarding the cost for services, maintenance etc. If you've ever had a business you should remember that salaries, support, and technology comprised the largest part of your budget. Maybe we should hire a management company to run the HOA...and if we should..and if we were to place one under contract...I want to see how long it will take to scream yourself hoarse if they were to up your assessment 10-25% to meet business costs etc. They really wouldn't care if you were upset...because they have a contract to run the association...no need for a BOD to do budgeting because we would have a professional mgmt company to take care of our affairs...and just like the Banks and Credits Card companies that raise your rates without your approval(because you have contract with them) so goes the mgmt company...because they have a contract and they wouldn't need to have our approval because they have a contract. So please run for the BOD and maybe you'll get lucky and be assimilated into the ranks of soon to be under appreciated few (your fellow BOD members)...and when you are pulling your hair out trying to reach a budget consensus with the rest of your fellow BOD members remember all of the grief that was directed at the previous Board...then smile to yourself and reflect on how happy you will be when the masses won't accept your explanation about raising assessments, and accuse you of uncorroberated misdeeds, insult your intelligence, assault your character, integrity, and spout crap about you. So please run on a platform that promises to cut fat from the budget (and I'm not saying that there aren't areas that probably couldn't be trimmed) and when you see what the cost for services really are, and how many bodies it takes to do the work of the association for lack of volunteers etc. and how businesses perceived to have $$ are gouged by contractors or individuals offering services because they are attempting to maintain a standard they became accustomed to in a formerly undepressed economy..remember these points when your budget actions aren't well received and you're on the hot seat.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
You are the only one who has suggested doing away with assessments. We just want to see some sensible spending instead of so much waste.

I would like to see everyone who has heartburn with the budget run for BOD...and if there is a get together prior to the election to meet the candidates maybe they can tell us how they are going to construct a fiscal spending plan that everyone will be happy with..and then we can all hold hands and sing the Coca Cola song and have kumbuya moment. My point is this..unless you are at the budget prep meeting...you have no clue regarding the cost for services, maintenance etc. If you've ever had a business you should remember that salaries, support, and technology comprised the largest part of your budget. Maybe we should hire a management company to run the HOA...and if we should..and if we were to place one under contract...I want to see how long it will take to scream yourself hoarse if they were to up your assessment 10-25% to meet business costs etc. They really wouldn't care if you were upset...because they have a contract to run the association...no need for a BOD to do budgeting because we would have a professional mgmt company to take care of our affairs...and just like the Banks and Credits Card companies that raise your rates without your approval(because you have contract with them) so goes the mgmt company...because they have a contract and they wouldn't need to have our approval because they have a contract. So please run for the BOD and maybe you'll get lucky and be assimilated into the ranks of soon to be under appreciated few (your fellow BOD members)...and when you are pulling your hair out trying to reach a budget consensus with the rest of your fellow BOD members remember all of the grief that was directed at the previous Board...then smile to yourself and reflect on how happy you will be when the masses won't accept your explanation about raising assessments, and accuse you of uncorroberated misdeeds, insult your intelligence, assault your character, integrity, and spout crap about you. So please run on a platform that promises to cut fat from the budget (and I'm not saying that there aren't areas that probably couldn't be trimmed) and when you see what the cost for services really are, and how many bodies it takes to do the work of the association for lack of volunteers etc. and how businesses perceived to have $$ are gouged by contractors or individuals offering services because they are attempting to maintain a standard they became accustomed to in a formerly undepressed economy..remember these points when your budget actions aren't well received and you're on the hot seat.
All these post and only 20 people show up to the meetings. RGJ, I'm voting for you because you have a lot of good ideas...

Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM

186 posts, read 345,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Some of ya'll are bunch of idiots.. Who is HOA Watcher? The rationale person amongst all of you is wellguy..And I think HOA Watcher is acutally GoingRoug or whatever his name was...Funny, havent' heard from him lately

I want to complain about the complainers!!

It's really simple folks, get in or get out or shut up!!!!
No!...please don't stop complaining and don't get out or shut up! I'm trying to complete my PhD in Psych and this is good dissertation material! This project is really turning out to be a good study!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOA Watcher View Post
All these post and only 20 people show up to the meetings. RGJ, I'm voting for you because you have a lot of good ideas...
I'll buy you dinner betting that there will be more than 20 Homeowner's at the future meetings. The days of having 5-6-7-8 Resident's present are over. I don't know what happened to draw the numbers to the meetings. Well maybe I do so here it goes. Times are tough for some folks, no many folks. You never ever know what kind of financial trouble your neighbor(s) may be in. With that said maybe some folks saw how the HOA Staff and BOD were spending money and how they as the ones who paid out the money are having to tighten their belts. I don't think that way of thinking is out of wack.

Why is it that I who has a paid for home, makes damn good money, has my Son's College Education Paid for, has three paid for vehicles, etc.,can understand the concerns of many of the Homeowner's /Resident's? I could easily sit back as some are and think that I too hear whinning but I won't because I don't. We (My Wife and I) are in a situation that most are not but I'll be damned if I'll sit back and not understand were my Fellow Neighbor's are coming from. You know how I can do that? Because I was there many years ago. Now that I'm no longer there I sure as hell don't think I'm above or any better than the rest.

I must be reading between the lines. What I hear most Folks saying is that they (like myself) want to be assured that their money is not crapped away. There isn't anyone here that doesn't know that it takes money to run the HOA. It's very simple. Folks have the right to complain, question., voice their opinions, if they see their money is not being spent to the best of the HOA Staff's and BOD's ability. The HOA Staff and BOD can NEVER forget that they are Steward's of the Homeowner's Money. They can never have the attitude that if you don't like it, TOUGH !.

Last edited by wellguy; 01-14-2010 at 09:29 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'll buy you dinner betting that there will be more than 20 Homeowner's at the future meetings. The days of having 5-6-7-8 Resident's present are over. I don't know what happened to draw the numbers to the meetings. Well maybe I do so here it goes. Times are tough for some folks, no many folks. You never ever know what kind of financial trouble your neighbor(s) may be in. With that said maybe some folks saw how the HOA Staff and BOD were spending money and how they as the ones who paid out the money are having to tighten their belts. I don't think that way of thinking is out of wack.

Why is it that I who has a paid for home, makes damn good money, has my Son's College Education Paid for, has three paid for vehicles, etc.,can understand the concerns of many of the Homeowner's /Resident's? I could easily sit back as some are and think that I too hear whinning but I won't because I don't. We (My Wife and I) are in a situation that most are not but I'll be damned if I'll sit back and not understand were my Fellow Neighbor's are coming from. You know how I can do that? Because I was there many years ago. Now that I'm no longer there I sure as hell don't think I'm above or any better than the rest.

I must be reading between the lines. What I hear most Folks saying is that they (like myself) want to be assured that their money is not crapped away. There isn't anyone here that doesn't know that it takes money to run the HOA. It's very simple. Folks have the right to complain, question., voice their opinions, if they see their money is not being spent to the best of the HOA Staff's and BOD's ability. The HOA Staff and BOD can NEVER forget that they are Steward's of the Homeowner's Money. They can never have the attitude that if you don't like it, TOUGH !.
I agree with you on almost every point except, everybody who bought a house here knew about the assessments. I don't think a 10% increase every year to keep the HOA working is a problem. I also don't think little groups of people getting together and spreading false rumors in conducive or very helpful. If people have a problem show up voice your concerns or get a 2/3 vote to change the rules. Four bucks is not going to break the bank! Running the HOA costs money and I agree it could be run better but as we are all aware now elections have consequences just ask the Dem's...

When I moved here they were $257 and now they are $284. I don't think the staff is using them as their piggy bank. I'll be at the next meeting and I don't think there will be a mentionable turn out.

RGJ, I'll see you there and I hope you understand the point about not spreading anymore rumors.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
22 full time in the office? Better count again. Monitors are not part time and their 20 hours per week is out on the streets. Maintenance is out on the streets.

CM
Asst CM
Admin x2
Rec Dir
Standards Coord

That's 6, what FT employees (in the office) are missing?
28 fully staffed, but I guess you think the monitors and maintenance staff who are out on the streets don't ever come in to use the phones or computers. I guess they don't count or maybe you think we should'nt have them at all? That's rough...

Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
Passing along an email sent to me:

Subject: SECURITY - BREAK-IN (HOME OWNERS FOR CHANGE)
To: "WESTCREEK HOMEOWNERS"
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:20 AM

Good Morning Westcreek Homeowners!

This is for your information only. I was just notified that there was a break-in last night in Wynnwood. It took place at 10:00 pm. A woman and her two children live there. There has been a house vacant next to them since June. The intruder broke through the fence from the vacant house, and came in through the doggy door. The owner's dog went after him and on his way out he set off the alarm. It was noted that items were stashed in a shed at the vacant house. This is not the first time they have tried to break it. The owner came home one day to find a key had been broken off in her lock so she had to change all the locks in the house.[/SIZE][/font]

Please take a few minutes to be vigilant in your area especially if there is vacant property.

Last edited by 2010; 01-15-2010 at 02:09 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOA Watcher View Post
I agree with you on almost every point except, everybody who bought a house here knew about the assessments. I don't think a 10% increase every year to keep the HOA working is a problem. I also don't think little groups of people getting together and spreading false rumors in conducive or very helpful. If people have a problem show up voice your concerns or get a 2/3 vote to change the rules. Four bucks is not going to break the bank! Running the HOA costs money and I agree it could be run better but as we are all aware now elections have consequences just ask the Dem's...

When I moved here they were $257 and now they are $284. I don't think the staff is using them as their piggy bank. I'll be at the next meeting and I don't think there will be a mentionable turn out.

RGJ, I'll see you there and I hope you understand the point about not spreading anymore rumors.
Your correct that $4.00 will not break the bank. Again there is no problem with assessments going up but not 10% each year. I feel and please all of you correct me if I'm wrong but that will end up forcing folks out of here.

OK -I'm tired, just got home form work trying to get some last minute paperwork completed so I may be a little rusty.

If the current dues are $284.00 and they are raised 10% thats' $312.40 next year and with 10% /yearly thereafter we are now paying $343.64, $378.00, $415.80, $457.37. HOLY COW I'll be paying $1000.00 / year when I'm 65. Thank God I'll get a tax exemption at 65. There is no telling how much my taxes will be since there is no doubt we will be inside the City Limits.

Let's look at it this way. In 3-4 years (that may be an over estimation) our Son will have moved out. That will leave my Wife and I and a dog if I'm lucky (my Wife is not too fond of dogs, but as of now I'm winning that one) What will the two of us get for our $450.00 /month. We will get no more than we are getting right now and as I said previously it's not to darn much. Paying higher assessments surely won't be an incentive for me to take up tennis again. I can wheel and deal with the best of them so I may not think it's such a bad idea if the HOA will mow our yard once per week (I'll set the sprinkler), Wash two cars twice a month (I'll still be driving a Pickup but the HOA will be able to afford the extra Car Shampoo), maybe paint our home every 8 -10 years (No Builder's Grade Paint can be used). Now I need to talk to my Wife since we may have to negotiate some dusting and cleaning of the bathrooms (we only have two) into this equation.

I know we are only speaking hypothetically but no one in their right mind would ever accept that proposal.

Concerning another matter and I ask because I honestly don't know. With the exception of Summer Help at the Pool or any other Seasonal Positions how many Employees do we employ?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
Passing along an email sent to me:

Subject: SECURITY - BREAK-IN (HOME OWNERS FOR CHANGE)
To: "WESTCREEK HOMEOWNERS"
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:20 AM

Good Morning Westcreek Homeowners!

This is for your information only. I was just notified that there was a break-in last night in Wynnwood. It took place at 10:00 pm. A woman and her two children live there. There has been a house vacant next to them since June. The intruder broke through the fence from the vacant house, and came in through the doggy door. The owner's dog went after him and on his way out he set off the alarm. It was noted that items were stashed in a shed at the vacant house. This is not the first time they have tried to break it. The owner came home one day to find a key had been broken off in her lock so she had to change all the locks in the house.[/SIZE][/font]

Please take a few minutes to be vigilant in your area especially if there is vacant property.
Thank you for the information. If you look at the VOWC Webpage under Public Safety you will see with this addition crime is no doubt on the increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio