Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 AM

56 posts, read 75,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
My neighbor is very involved in the HOW group and it seems like they are gaining momentum AND numbers. Something has got to change! Maybe in April change WILL come, but not until people get out and vote for it! I look around as I walk and I cannot figure out why people "settle" and give up. Litter is everywhere, now the tagging, our fences are crap. Why? It could be so much more. This HOA is so big and brings in so much money that there is NO excuse for WC to be going downhill.
I really like the HOW group keeps us informed about what really is going on in WC. I get some real interesting emails from them on a regular basis. I recall when they 1st got started how the BOD tried to paint a picture of them as a bunch radical homeowners. What's wrong with trying to make WC a better place to live? I have always said we are lucky to have a group of concern neighbors in WC. But your right Sharpdove. From what I understand we got about 3,000 plus homes. How many of them have no idea of what is happening? A pretty large group I suspect and they will end up voting the current tyrants back into office out of ignorance. So to the HOW Group, thank you for everything you do for WC. I would encourage your neighbors to sign up for HOW mailing list. Their website has instrucions on how to join!

How to Join HOW

Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 AM

66 posts, read 84,015 times
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
I really like the HOW group keeps us informed about what really is going on in WC. I get some real interesting emails from them on a regular basis. I recall when they 1st got started how the BOD tried to paint a picture of them as a bunch radical homeowners. What's wrong with trying to make WC a better place to live? I have always said we are lucky to have a group of concern neighbors in WC. But your right Sharpdove. From what I understand we got about 3,000 plus homes. How many of them have no idea of what is happening? A pretty large group I suspect and they will end up voting the current tyrants back into office out of ignorance. So to the HOW Group, thank you for everything you do for WC. I would encourage your neighbors to sign up for HOW mailing list. Their website has instrucions on how to join!

How to Join HOW
Thank you for the recognition this group of Homeowners finally deservers.

Yes, it started with 2 women and now is gaining in popularity.
Please share with your neighbors, tell them How to sign up
for HOW.

Everyone in WC deserves to know what is really going
on, come April they need to know how to VOTE**to save
our community**

Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM

71 posts, read 109,896 times
Hi Everyone, I have not had time to tell everyone the good news! The good news is that they have found and arrested the thieves, heard their kids where taken away also so sad. One of the men has a Mexican spouse and they tend to walk the neighbor hood often pretending as if it's part of their exercise. Yes, they live in WC on top of everything, if anyone is curious here is their address Moderator cut: street and number, last subdivision next to the old sport park. Does anyone know if that subdivision is park of WC? Have to get back to work know.

Last edited by Bo; 02-24-2010 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Posting street address of the accused seems like too much personal info.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
Hi Everyone, I have not had time to tell everyone the good news! The good news is that they have found and arrested the thieves, heard their kids where taken away also so sad. One of the men has a Mexican spouse and they tend to walk the neighbor hood often pretending as if it's part of their exercise. Yes, they live in WC on top of everything, if anyone is curious here is their address Moderator cut: see comment, last subdivision next to the old sport park. Does anyone know if that subdivision is park of WC? Have to get back to work know.
Which theives are you talking about? Ones that have been breaking into houses or has there been something else going on?

Last edited by Bo; 02-24-2010 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Yes The Gardens are part of Westcreek.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Does anyone know the "time frame" for the Common Fence Re Construction? It is sure taking a long time and there are areas of fence that has been ready to stain for weeks. Has Lowes run out of Stain? This morning I drove down Garston to Military and then to Loop 1604 which is not my daily route. I had a rude awakeninig when I saw a section of fence lying on the ground which allowed me to gawk into the backyard of that home. Well it looked like S... . To make things worse this evening my Wife told me the fence has been that way for over a week.

Does our BOD and HOA Staff ever think about those that are trying to sell their homes? Don't they realize that there are homes in The Reserve at Westcreek with selling prices up into the $200,000.00 plus range? They are doing a crappy job of attracting new Residents to Westcreek. Let me say I have nothing against those who rent or lease as long as they do their part and keep up their yards, homes, etc. What is going to happen and I've seen this before, is that homes will not sell and the Owners's will have no other choice but to rent / lease them out. With that comes in some cases SCUMBAGS who could care less about Westcreek. If Folks want to live like PIGS they need to do it in the privacy of their residence not outside where it is seen by everyone.

For over a month there has been a Christmas Tree along Military Dr (driving West it is on the Right after crossing the bridge. Does our HOA Staff drive with blinders on? Maybe they are expecting the County to pick it up. I'm certain that our Maintenance Staff drives by that tree on a daily basis. My question is why can't they take it upon themselves to stop and pick that tree up? Is it because it is on County Property? Come on HOA Staff, if I can walk my Village and pick up trash in the street , sidewalks, edges of yards, oh yeah and pull weeds at our Monument you can sure as hell pick up that tree. Maybe the HOA has gone Green and they are leaving that tree there since it will eventually decay and become compost.

This is why I laugh when I hear that our BOD / HOA are keeping up our property values. To that I say BS!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Does anyone know the "time frame" for the Common Fence Re Construction? It is sure taking a long time and there are areas of fence that has been ready to stain for weeks. Has Lowes run out of Stain? This morning I drove down Garston to Military and then to Loop 1604 which is not my daily route. I had a rude awakeninig when I saw a section of fence lying on the ground which allowed me to gawk into the backyard of that home. Well it looked like S... . To make things worse this evening my Wife told me the fence has been that way for over a week.

Does our BOD and HOA Staff ever think about those that are trying to sell their homes? Don't they realize that there are homes in The Reserve at Westcreek with selling prices up into the $200,000.00 plus range? They are doing a crappy job of attracting new Residents to Westcreek. Let me say I have nothing against those who rent or lease as long as they do their part and keep up their yards, homes, etc. What is going to happen and I've seen this before, is that homes will not sell and the Owners's will have no other choice but to rent / lease them out. With that comes in some cases SCUMBAGS who could care less about Westcreek. If Folks want to live like PIGS they need to do it in the privacy of their residence not outside where it is seen by everyone.

For over a month there has been a Christmas Tree along Military Dr (driving West it is on the Right after crossing the bridge. Does our HOA Staff drive with blinders on? Maybe they are expecting the County to pick it up. I'm certain that our Maintenance Staff drives by that tree on a daily basis. My question is why can't they take it upon themselves to stop and pick that tree up? Is it because it is on County Property? Come on HOA Staff, if I can walk my Village and pick up trash in the street , sidewalks, edges of yards, oh yeah and pull weeds at our Monument you can sure as hell pick up that tree. Maybe the HOA has gone Green and they are leaving that tree there since it will eventually decay and become compost.

This is why I laugh when I hear that our BOD / HOA are keeping up our property values. To that I say BS!
SCUMBAGS I'll tell ya...SCUMBAGS!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM

276 posts, read 970,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I had a rude awakeninig when I saw a section of fence lying on the ground which allowed me to gawk into the backyard of that home. Well it looked like S... . To make things worse this evening my Wife told me the fence has been that way for over a week.
It has been that way for a while.

Your post raises another question: Backyards that are in disarray can have a negative impact on the property values for adjacent homeowners. What can the neighbors and the HOA do in a situation like this? Do they have any course of action?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Hoot Owl- I will have to read through our documents to make certain I am correct on this one. It is however, my understanding that the HOA Staff has the right to look into your backyard.

I have "heard" of some Folks who were given a notice for something that could have only been observed if they (HOA) were looking into their backyard. I have submitted PIP Forms for work (Flowerbeds, Cactus Garden, etc) that I did in our backyard. In closing I feel confident that we are to keep both yards looking good at all times even though most backyards cannot be seen by Folks walking by. I would sure hate to live in a two story house and have to see a messy / cluttered, yard everyday.

As I'm sure you know Bexar County Environmental Services does have a Code Compliance Section / Division. They will react a lot quicker to any Code Violations (Tall grass, Piles of debris that will allow a home for snakes, rats, Inoperative Vehicles, etc) than our HOA will.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 AM

56 posts, read 75,203 times
I heard that at the last BOD meeting that when asked if the candidates could have a representative present during the counting of the ballots that President of the BOD told the homeowners who asked the question "NO". If he is not challenged on this, then don't start your crying when his hand picked candidates are back on this board. And if they do get re-elected you better start saving up your money because they are going to have to raise our assessments to make up for the $130,000 shortfall caused by gross incompetence and negligence.

Another thing is that they cut the funding for the Fence Maintenance on the revised budget. Now that they expect homeowners to take care of the fences, I wonder what they would say if we tell them we also had a budget shortfall on our personal budgets and are cutting back on repairing the fences. If they can have a shortfall and wiggle their way out of their responsibilities, then why can't the homeowners do the same. This is insanity at it's best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio