Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,162 times

Advertisements

Here I go again, SHAME ON YOU HOA .If someone does not/ won't allow a Lemonade Stand they need both a paddle across their buttocks and a boot in the butt.

I'm sure if they got their cut they would allow them. Again as I have heard from Former BOD Member's- "We don't want to do anything in WC that will not generate $$$$$$$$$$"

What's next a permit to sell Girl Scout Cookies or Boy Scout Popcorn?. Darn I just gave out another idea for a HOA money generator.

Back to the Lemonade Stand I don't think anything could be done if they (WC kids) asked for donations. That would not be a Home Business right?. They could (the kids again) set up shop on Public Property such as a street corner. If that were the case I don't think the HOA would have a Lemonade Leg to Stand On.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,189 times
It happened awhile ago. I was more incensed at the thought of one of my so called neighbors going out of their way to put the kibosh on the kids having some fun.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Let me know if the kids ever sell Lemonade. I'll support them and I'll argue the point with the Neighbors and / or HOA if it comes up.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Let me know if the kids ever sell Lemonade. I'll support them and I'll argue the point with the Neighbors and / or HOA if it comes up.
I will be right there with you WELLGUY as long as my schedule permits. I would love nothing better than provide support to our kids as they learn responsibilty and the importance of making money to be productive members of our society.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:56 PM

242 posts, read 665,319 times
On another topic: Lately as I have been driving through WC (live on Talley and drive through on a daily basis), I have noticed several activities advertised that indicated "guests, non-residents welcome". As my community does not offer such activities, I find it a nice option. (Although I wonder if it is primarily a way of bringing in additional revenue, or a "good neighbor" effort.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 AM

872 posts, read 1,855,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
On another topic: Lately as I have been driving through WC (live on Talley and drive through on a daily basis), I have noticed several activities advertised that indicated "guests, non-residents welcome". As my community does not offer such activities, I find it a nice option. (Although I wonder if it is primarily a way of bringing in additional revenue, or a "good neighbor" effort.
Possibly some of both but I think its more for the community/neighbor aspect. It there is a soccer team for example and there aren't enough players signed up from WC then non-residents could sign-up to complete the team or maybe even make up another team.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
As a Homeowner I found those signs odd at first since that is one thing I never expected. I have no problem allowing Non-Resident's, Guests, etc to enjoy the many activitis, classes, etc. that are offered. I'm certain it will continue as long as Folks respect the Facilities. I wouldn't mind if we rented out our Park Pavilion or Community Center to Non-Resident's. I would like to see a little higher rate charged but of course don't raise it so much that it will turn people away.

There are those that feel this should not be the case since they want Westcreek Activities etc to be "exclusive". Allowing more Folks can "help" defer a possible increase in our HOA Dues. So to answer your question I see it as both a potential for revenue and being a Good Neighbor which are both great.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 PM

I wasn't able to attend the BOD Meeting today. Our Son is having surgery on Tuesday and I'll be spending many hours at the hospital so there are many things to be done before then.

Anyway if anyone went I would be interested in what was discussed.

Thank you,

SSS

Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
As a Homeowner I found those signs odd at first since that is one thing I never expected. I have no problem allowing Non-Resident's, Guests, etc to enjoy the many activitis, classes, etc. that are offered. I'm certain it will continue as long as Folks respect the Facilities. I wouldn't mind if we rented out our Park Pavilion or Community Center to Non-Resident's. I would like to see a little higher rate charged but of course don't raise it so much that it will turn people away.

There are those that feel this should not be the case since they want Westcreek Activities etc to be "exclusive". Allowing more Folks can "help" defer a possible increase in our HOA Dues. So to answer your question I see it as both a potential for revenue and being a Good Neighbor which are both great.
I guess I'm one of those that "this should not be the case." I have no problem with guests of HOA members but not for non-residents. The WC facilities were built for residents and their guests, let's not turn these into public facilities. As far as keeping dues from going up, they already did. So, to keep from raising fees again, the HOA should look at keeping costs down, not bringing in more money from non-residents.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:57 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,697 times
Quote:
I wasn't able to attend the BOD Meeting today. Our Son is having surgery on Tuesday and I'll be spending many hours at the hospital so there are many things to be done before then.

Anyway if anyone went I would be interested in what was discussed.

Thank you,

SSS
I missed it too...never even crossed my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio