Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army-Vet-1962 View Post
We recently moved to Westcreek (The Oaks) and initially was so impressed with the neighborhood yards and the upkeep of the area. Once we got settled in and started taking walks in the neighborhood we got a big surprise at the amount of, dare I say trashy yards. I see all this talk about the HOA on this site, and I wonder where the HOA is when it comes to some of these yards and old cars in the driveways. I received a notice for not putting away my trash can in the backyard, while my neighbor has large tree branches in their FRONT yard, from a rotting tree, that have been there for nearly three weeks now. And the neighbor across the street has forgotten what a lawn mower is for. I will say that there are plenty of awesome looking yards in the neighborhood, and I look forward to doing my part. Oh well thats my two cents, what's yours.
All we can do is voice our concerns to those that we pay to do a job. Someone (HOA) is not keeping up with their part of the deal. Our HOA is too damned worried about being Politically Correct. I say if someone's yard looks like the City Landfill then print that crap on our webpage. Maybe that's a solution to this continuing problem.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM

88 posts, read 168,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro_Assi_Kid View Post
Not a low blow at all. It is called observation, my friend. Happened right across the street from my home in a rental house. You want some very close-up and personal pitures of what went down? Call me crazy but I have a problem with a house full of illegal aliens doing things that warrant the DEA, FBI, and local police to come a calling. I would hope more neighbors would feel the same but I guess they, like you, are too worried about hurting the "feelings" or "sensitivities" of others. Just another reason this country is falling apart. If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You will notice I said Mexican, not Hispanic Mafia. By the way, not that it matters what so ever but I am "HISPANIC" however I prefer to call myself American. Something else I will not apologize for. You have a good day.
I too have a problem with illegal activity in my neighborhood...but like WellGuy...skin color does not matter to me. Unless you know for certain that these folks are undocumented immigrants or have ties to the Mexican Mafia, there's no need to go down that road. Believe me, I'm not worried about hurting anyone's feelings if the shoe fits, but I do have a problem with perpetuating stereo-types.

Have you tried contacting the owner of the property? You can find their mailing address on bcad.org. I'm sure they would be very interested in knowing what is going on and who knows, maybe they won't be neighbors for long. Just a thought...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:23 AM

12 posts, read 16,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
I too have a problem with illegal activity in my neighborhood...but like WellGuy...skin color does not matter to me. Unless you know for certain that these folks are undocumented immigrants or have ties to the Mexican Mafia, there's no need to go down that road. Believe me, I'm not worried about hurting anyone's feelings if the shoe fits, but I do have a problem with perpetuating stereo-types.

Have you tried contacting the owner of the property? You can find their mailing address on bcad.org. I'm sure they would be very interested in knowing what is going on and who knows, maybe they won't be neighbors for long. Just a thought...
Again, YOU mention skin color! Where and when exactly did I bring it up? You asked why I wrote what I wrote and I hopefully explained why. With all due respect, I do not see this as a color of someone's skin issue. Since when is saying Mexican Mafia pointing out skin color? You can easily make that assumption on your own, that is not my concern. In my mind, mafia is mafia. Thugs, gangsters and criminals. If I had said Italian Mafia, would you be calling me out on skin color for that as well? How about the Chinese or Russian mafia? G*d forbid I mention the Bosnian mafia! You would probably accuse me of Muslim bashing!

I was mearly pointing out the facts as I know them. I spoke to friend of mine who happens to be well placed in one of the aforementioned agencies and I know everything about those guys at the house that night, that he does. And yes, they were Mexican Mafia, right here in Westcreek. With respect to notifying the homeowner, I would think if the FBI, DEA and also, I forgot to add ATF and local PO show up at your rental home and remove in handcuffs, illegal aliens (6-7 I thought at the time but it was dark and I did't have my NVG with me, turned out to be 8) the homeowner has other problems. In fact, in most cases, the homeowner doesn't even have a clue when they live in another state as that one does. What I find incredible is that I more expected a WC neighbor on this board to show concern or atonishment that something of this nature is occuring right in their backyard. Instead you seem more concerned that skin color was brought up, which I didn't... you did. In my mind, this is the biggest problem facing our great country; that is, not doing the right thing becasue we are too afraid of someone's feelings. Unfortunately, this is exactly what is happening and I see nothing but more of it in the future.

I have been all over the world and have lived in places you would not want to fly over at 30000. I can tell you with 100% certainty, we in the US are the ONLY nation of people who are so concerned about the sensitivities of others' to the point it will be our downfall. Glad I don't have kids that will have to live in that world. Just a thought...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Let's focus this thread on issues with life Westcreek, rather than race. Race is a hot-button topic that'll get the thread closed forever if the discussion of it gets heated. It should be avoided. Do not pursue the race tangent any further.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:06 PM

This morning as I departed The Hollow I again became disgusted with the appearance of the monument. As I proceeded to 1604 via Westcreek Oaks (I made it a point as I usually do) to look at the condition of the other monuments I passed. Through my all too common ritual I called the HOA Office to complain about their condition. It was shortly after 7:00am so I left a voicemail. I made it clear that if my yard had those weeds I would be given Courtesy Notices out the Whazoo.
I asked that we (All of Us) be made to feel proud when we return home and enter the Subdivision / Village.
Well this evening when I came home The Hollow monument was weeded. I'm Thankful for that but why did I have to call, complain, and request it be done???????????
*I was in a hurry to get home since we had an appointment with a Pest Control Company so I did not pay any attention to the others down Westcreek Oaks. I hope that yours too was weeded. If not please follow my lead.
Thanks.

*I wanted to say that I feel it is always a plus to give your Name, Address, Village, etc. when you call. Although I don't know how true this is ....... I would think that the complaint is taken to heart and action will be taken.

Last edited by wellguy; 07-20-2010 at 08:37 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 PM

12 posts, read 16,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Let's focus this thread on issues with life Westcreek, rather than race. Race is a hot-button topic that'll get the thread closed forever if the discussion of it gets heated. It should be avoided. Do not pursue the race tangent any further.
I completely agree as I never brought it up to begin with and never would have either.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 PM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times
Several cars egged and one with a broken window last night. Usually a very quiet village.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 5,264 times
With all the trees in this area, I can't believe Westcreek does not have brush pick up

Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,804,339 times
Quote:
With all the trees in this area, I can't believe Westcreek does not have brush pick up
That's a City of San Antonio provided service, we're outside the city limits and therefore don't qualify.

At one of the recent board meetings the HOA was discussing purchasing a chipper for the maintenance crew and making it available to residents periodically at a central location. I don't believe a decision was made to get it though.

Myself I cut the branches small enough to fit in the trash or if I have a lot of branches put out a small pile and get rid of them over a period of a couple of weeks.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Last year the HOA had a Household Trash Day in the SportsPark. I think there where two of the GINORMOUS Construction Dumpsters. From what I remember they filled up fast so if we have any future ones you may want to camp out the night before (Just kidding, be there aearly though) I would call Ken at the HOA Office to see if they will be having this FREE Service again this year.

I know I had made some calls and they ended up going with Tiger Sanitation who had the best price. It is my understanding that if we as a Community selected (Homeowner's decision) Tiger we could have two of these per year and the cost would be NADA.

If I had any say I would like to see one garbage company here in Westcreek. Most of the Folks in The Hollow use Tiger who also offers recycling. It causes no problems with one pickup per week with us but there are only three. I do know of several larger Families that use the.Unless I do yard work the 96 gallon can is usually no more than 1/2 full. You can also set out other containers /lawn / leaf bags if need be.

Having the once weekly pickup would elminate trash cans being out several days each week, less traffic and wear and tear on our streets, and more than likely a better rate on top of an already great rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio