Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 AM

7 posts, read 13,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
There's a mixture of regular and Section 8 tenants. My daughter used to live there several years ago. You do get a garage, but it is narrow. Parking is limited and trash pick-up could have been better. Of course, it could have improved or got worse since then. It is not too far from Galm Elementary School; however, these apartments are not part of Westcreek so you would not be able to use the pools/recreation areas of Westcreek.
Why did she end up moving? Was it because she didn't like the apartments or just decided to move? When she was there, do you know if she felt safe in the townhomes at the time? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to find a cheap and safe place for my family and I know that it's hard to find both.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 AM

71 posts, read 109,434 times
If you are not in section 8, I would not recommend moving there for the money you pay you could probably rent out a house that's for rent in West Creek and use the amenities that are provided. Not to mention all house come when garages and some come with garages door openers. They also have alams. Just a thought.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenwilliams239 View Post
Why did she end up moving? Was it because she didn't like the apartments or just decided to move? When she was there, do you know if she felt safe in the townhomes at the time? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to find a cheap and safe place for my family and I know that it's hard to find both.
First of all, they were not Section 8 and they moved because they bought a home in Westcreek. They didn't like it much due to the parking congestion as people will even park in front of garages. They never complained about security but did complain about slow responses by management to fix things and were glad to move out. If you ask me there are lots of better apartments with more open spaces then these apartments.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
What do you all think about the Buick Century that's For Sale at Westcreek Oaks and 1604? To me it's tacky and looks like ****.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:24 AM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
What do you all think about the Buick Century that's For Sale at Westcreek Oaks and 1604? To me it's tacky and looks like ****.
If it is on the 1604 right of way, it is illegal to be parked there. Call BCSO and file a complaint.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:18 PM

8 posts, read 10,621 times
Hmmm! You don't like advertizing on public property (not within the meets and bounds of Westcreek) but you support illegal yard sales (contrary to the CC&R's) within the community? Interesting dichotomy.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1992 View Post
Hmmm! You don't like advertizing on public property (not within the meets and bounds of Westcreek) but you support illegal yard sales (contrary to the CC&R's) within the community? Interesting dichotomy.
Since we are selling the house there will be a Yard Sale in the same vicinity Sat. morning. I'll have plenty of traffic and the HOA can't do ****.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-24-2010 at 10:49 PM..

Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 PM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1992 View Post
1. It is illegal according to the laws of the State of Texas and Bexar County to park a car on a highway right of way for the purpose of selling it. It is dangerous as it can be a distraction to drivers and can cause cars to pull off/on the road at otherwise unexpected locations.
2. Because it is at the entrance of WC it looks bad on the community but the HOA itself has no jurisdiction there...thus the need to call BCSO.
3. The yard sales have been approved through a change to the Standards by the BoD of the HOA. The old excuse for not allowing yard sales was flawed...the CC&Rs say "no commercial activity to which the public is invited". However, the Texas State Comptroller does not consider yard sales to be commercial activity and thus does not collect sales taxes from yard sales as long as the individual has no more than two sales per year. The HOA has restricted the number of permits available for a residence to two per year. So, by not allowing any yard sales on the premise that it is commercial activity is actually contrary to the laws of the State of Texas.

Maybe a better question is "do you prefer to have junk pile up in people's homes, garages, and sheds instead of allowing them to use their own property to sell their own stuff?"

Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 AM

56 posts, read 226,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Since we are selling the house there will be a Yard Sale in the same vicinity Sat. morning. I'll have plenty of traffic and the HOA can't do ****.
Speaking of home business in WC, what is the deal with all the traffic in the corner of dry run every morning?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Speaking of home business in WC, what is the deal with all the traffic in the corner of dry run every morning?
I had to do some quick research on the Bexar Appraisal District webpage to find out that Dry Run is a street here in Westcreek. Maybe someone is operating a Day Care Center since you see the cars in the morning????????? Maybe something shady is going on. I would contact the HOA Office and ask them to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio