Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:46 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,381,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
When are the meetings? We are fairly new here. It will most likely be a problem for us if they are during the week, as I travel extensively on business.
I would love to attend though.
There are two good websites to use for information on ANYTHING going on in Westcreek...first one is the villagesofwestcreek (and you add the dot com) and the other is neighborsofwestcreek (and you add the rest to make it a URL again.

Everything from Neighborhood Watch program, updates, info and the quarterly newsletter online with all the information on meetings, get togethers, receipes, services...all kinds of things going on in the subdivision and the area.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Ok, stupid question time -

A) Where is Westcreek?

and B) Is Westcreek sort of like Stone Oak, in that it's a master-planned development but has been divvied up into smaller units/communities controlled by different builders?

I have got to drive out to the West Side. I read the threads, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about! Last time I went that far west, it was brush and pastures.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,623,550 times
I was looking at the Westcreek website and came across this. Does anyone know something about this? I thought all of High Point was part of Westcreek.

Villages of Westcreek (broken link)

Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 PM

35 posts, read 92,075 times
Default Westcreek - Highpoint

It seems that a part of Highpoint was not properly annexed. Therefore, those home owners that bought prior to the actual filing of the annexation paperwork are not part of the HOA. They now have the option of signing a consent form to join the HOA. At least, that is how it was explained to those of us who are affected.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 AM

173 posts, read 614,898 times
I plan to attend the next HOA meeting AND I plan to get involved. Anyone else going too??

I think WC has a lot to offer, and I am willing to do my part to help keep the villages a decent place to live. I'd really hate to see the HOA end up crumbling due to lack of interest and support. There are now too many other neighborhoods for folks to choose from and I don't want my property value to go down the toilet!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:34 AM

173 posts, read 614,898 times
I think the next meeting is Tues. Oct. 2 at 4:30p They call it an ARC meeting. Not sure what the ARC stands for. We are still getting to know the HOA.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 AM

781 posts, read 3,807,415 times
ARC is the Architectural Review Committee. They are a committee made up of homeowners who review the various requests of homeowners to change/improve their property. They usually follow the guidelines of the CCRs but they can also approve outside those guidelines if they vote on the issue. Sometimes they can also deny a request if it does not meet the CCRs or does not meet the standards of the neighborhood in general.

It is a good committee to be on if you are truly interested in maintaining the integrity of your community.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:20 PM

41 posts, read 52,454 times
DaemonJ,
What village are you in?? Because in mine, there hasn't been rain for weeks and weeks... not sure why used that for an excuse for poor lawn care. If you are talking about the rain from June and July... that's like saying I have an extra 20 lbs. from having a baby 5 years ago! That's ridiculous and a lazy excuse. Anyway, mostly I was refering to rental homes and homes that are empty. Lasty, for your information, I do volunteer. I take a bag with me every time I go to the mailbox and pick up trash in my "village". I go out on Westcreek View and moves those darned stones out of the street. Please don't assume so much... I thought this was a place we could freely vent and bounce things off of each other. Sometimes you might think you are the only one feeling a certain way about your neighborhood and sharing opens up dialogue for possible solutions. I don't "whine" to the HOA... I follow procedures and just rarely get a satisfying answer, that's all.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 PM

7 posts, read 26,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
DaemonJ,
What village are you in?? Because in mine, there hasn't been rain for weeks and weeks... not sure why used that for an excuse for poor lawn care. If you are talking about the rain from June and July... that's like saying I have an extra 20 lbs. from having a baby 5 years ago! That's ridiculous and a lazy excuse. Anyway, mostly I was refering to rental homes and homes that are empty. Lasty, for your information, I do volunteer. I take a bag with me every time I go to the mailbox and pick up trash in my "village". I go out on Westcreek View and moves those darned stones out of the street. Please don't assume so much... I thought this was a place we could freely vent and bounce things off of each other. Sometimes you might think you are the only one feeling a certain way about your neighborhood and sharing opens up dialogue for possible solutions. I don't "whine" to the HOA... I follow procedures and just rarely get a satisfying answer, that's all.

I live in Wynwood, and Draybrook before that! As I said before, the city mows the greenbelts. Westcreek is not perfect, but go look around at some other 20+ year old neighborhoods and you will find few that are this nice in SA. I've lived here for 6+ years in two different areas of WC. Things have gone down some, but I blame most of that on the apartments at 1604 and rustic oaks.

I really don't like the new greenboro homes that are getting built as they are not 3 sides brick and waay to damn close together. I stopped by and complained to the HOA this afternoon, but it turns out that it meets the requirments in the guidelines due to lot size which explains the microsized lots. Oh, and the start at 180k base!

I don't like that we have two plain pools that are basically the same, and the playground needs serious help, but they are working on updating the playground.

As for home owners lawns, if you don't like what you see, say something to them. I can tell you from experience in my first WC home, that taking legal action against a homeowner for failure to maintain their home takes lots of time and many letters for the HOA lawyer. They can't just forclose on your home the first time your lawn looks like crap and they aren't going to do yard work for you. What else would you like the HOA voloteer boards to do, start mowing lawns after they get home from their respective jobs?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,780,436 times
No...but sending a couple of guys with baseball bats over to see the offending homeowners might send a message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio