Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM

48 posts, read 87,773 times

Advertisements

hi all,

first post in the Texas forums! my soon to be wife and i are looking for honeymoon ideas for october this year. i have not been to texas/san antonio for several years (ie 15 years ago, long before i can remember).

we are looking at several spots across the country for a short honeymoon, ie monday through thursday. we like the proximity to the airport, no need for a car, etc - but not sure if october is a bad time for weather/hurricane? looking at the Omni La Mansion. do you guys have any suggestions or ideas?

things we are looking for
no need for a car
good eats
relaxing
possibly a pool to relax by
romantic

other places we have looked at are;
short trip to mexico - cabo or puerto vallarta
vegas - we have done many times, but enjoy alot
san diego - done before, but were thinking of la jolla area
new orleans - again worried about hurricane season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
A pool in San Antonio is not going to happen. Even if the weather is warm, most pools are closed. Check the individual hotels...they may be indoor pools. Hurricanes are usually not an issue. They seldom get this far inland. If a hurricaine does get inland, it's lots of rain, less wind.
There is no need for a car if your staying downtown areas..ie Riverwalk. There is enough history to keep you busy for 3 or 4 days. Look at getting a bus tour for the missions. They are not downtown except the Alamo. There are 4 more, I think nicer and more historic. Well worth the effort to go see them.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
A pool in San Antonio is not going to happen. Even if the weather is warm, most pools are closed. .
huh? That's not been my experience with the downtown hotels. Outdoor Pools are full and open all year at the places I've seen. But it can't hurt to ask first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio