U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 PM

326 posts, read 649,100 times

Advertisements

I've never heard of this area but see a lot of new homes are being built. Any/all information would be appreciated. Possibly relocating from MD. What school district is that? Actually, just ANY information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM

705 posts, read 1,667,034 times
The school district is Boerne ISD, and is one of the best in the San Antonio area. Depending on where you will work in San Antonio, it can be a commute. The Eastern/southern edge of the Boerne ISD boundary is 10-20 minutes closer in toward San Antonio on I10. These communities include: Fair Oaks Ranch, Village Green, The Woods at Fair Oaks, Kendall Pointe Estates, and Limestone Ranch, just to name a few. There are older homes in the town of Boerne, and some other areas around the town that will also feed into BISD but will be further away from San Antonio.

Oh - and it is pronounced 'Burney'

Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM

Thank you! Especially for the pronounciation.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM

2,278 posts, read 2,170,702 times
Boerne is a great town in the Texas Hill County just NW of San Antonio, and as previously stated, Boerne ISD is one of the best in the area. We have one child in elementary, and one starting high school next school year. The town has a a lot of smaller, locally owned businesses and restaurants. There are quite a few areas with new construction. They run from the 150s through the 900+ depending on where you look. Best wishes on your possible relocation.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM

Thanks, so much! I've read some older posts where people talk about water being an issue. I'm aware of the watering restrictions and things that TX typically deals with. I just worry about not having ANY water.... ever a concern?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 PM

705 posts, read 1,667,034 times
No, we have never had water restrictions past limits on watering yards/washing cars. There was a town last year that had to truck in water, but that wasn't anywhere in this immediate area.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,104 posts, read 36,014,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp5 View Post
Thanks, so much! I've read some older posts where people talk about water being an issue. I'm aware of the watering restrictions and things that TX typically deals with. I just worry about not having ANY water.... ever a concern?
The watering restrictions here are meant to prevent underground endangered animals from running out of water, not the humans on the surface. Even if it never rained again while we were at the highest level of Edwards Aquifer restrictions, the aquifer has enough water to last several decades.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Bo- Thank you! Excuse my ignorance, or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist? But that was always a huge concern for me moving there. I could careless about watering my grass or washing my car though

Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,104 posts, read 36,014,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp5 View Post
Bo- Thank you! Excuse my ignorance, or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist? But that was always a huge concern for me moving there.
There are parts of Texas where they are running out of water to drink, so you're not wrong in thinking that it happens in Texas. Just not in the area you asked about.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:14 AM

Bo- yikes! Scary stuff. That's the type of stuff that makes me think- oh crap, maybe we should just relocate to NC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>