Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,487,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Castro? Personally, I think he's got the charisma of dryer lint. I don't see him as a POTUS candidate anytime soon, as he reads far too nervous when he's on a national stage and speaking.

I do hope he's well-coached beforehand. Anyone can be handed a brilliantly written speech, but very few can turn the words on paper into something transcendent. If this is his audition for greener pastures (and it's quite an audition at that), he's only got one shot to make this stick. It's clear why Obama made the choice to include the first Hispanic key-note speaker, but aside from playing racial politics, it's a huge opportunity for Julian Castro.

As a mayor, I've been ho-hum on his tenure so far. I just feel like Hardberger had more local political momentum/clout and actually got things accomplished. With Castro, I hear a lot of talk. I don't see a lot of action.

BN
Finally I read something worth while! What is the point of San Antonio focusing on beautifying certain parts of the city while they let most of their roads go down the crapper? Maybe its a nice ploy to get people to abandon their cars and start walking.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,299,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Castro? Personally, I think he's got the charisma of dryer lint. I don't see him as a POTUS candidate anytime soon, as he reads far too nervous when he's on a national stage and speaking.

I do hope he's well-coached beforehand. Anyone can be handed a brilliantly written speech, but very few can turn the words on paper into something transcendent. If this is his audition for greener pastures (and it's quite an audition at that), he's only got one shot to make this stick. It's clear why Obama made the choice to include the first Hispanic key-note speaker, but aside from playing racial politics, it's a huge opportunity for Julian Castro.

As a mayor, I've been ho-hum on his tenure so far. I just feel like Hardberger had more local political momentum/clout and actually got things accomplished. With Castro, I hear a lot of talk. I don't see a lot of action.

BN
We wont agree on much maybe we will as I don't actually know you but you hit the nail on the head with multiple points...

Racial politics to a tee

Hardberger did so much more for this city

I'll wait and see what he does

Last edited by rynetwo; 07-31-2012 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,299,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS LEAN LEFT View Post
Young. Hispanic. Liberal.

Absolute perfection and deserves to be the face of the future in this country.

We don't need the mayor on city data you need a lot of practice for your speech.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,747,687 times
Quote:
Wait....lemme stop laughin'.....

Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Wait....lemme stop laughin'.....
My side hurts as I can't stop laughing as well.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM

282 posts, read 469,746 times
Quote:

Lol. No.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,469,479 times
Quote:

I think I wet myself.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 PM

203 posts, read 559,201 times
Worthless!! Who's paying for the trip anyway. I hope it's not the taxpayers!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:39 PM

385 posts, read 624,091 times
Congrats to Mayor Castro. I hope he does the city proud. This is a very big deal. If he does a great job this could make him a possible candidate as the first Latino president one day in the future...
It's exciting!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 AM

7,105 posts, read 11,747,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Congrats to Mayor Castro. I hope he does the city proud. This is a very big deal. If he does a great job this could make him a possible candidate as the first Latino president one day in the future...
It's exciting!
Can we first wait for him to do something worthy of electing him president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio