Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,806 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me recommendations for a pediatrician that has experience with uncircumcised baby boys? Unfortunately it's a lot harder than it sounds. Any help would be grateful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,151 times
I think your thesis is flawed.

Less than half of newborns in the U.S. are circumcised now. Given the fact that Pediatricians deal with the latest generation, the people they deal with will reflect the most recent trend on circumcision best.

The other side of that is the demographics of the hospitals medical students most often work at (poor and minority heavy) means the uncircumcised rates will be even higher in most cases.

All that means, you would be hard pressed to find a pediatrician who was not very well experienced with uncircumcised babies.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,762 times
My son isn't circumcised and his pediatrician is great. His name is Dr Graham Hall.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 PM

25 posts, read 36,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeowo View Post
My son isn't circumcised and his pediatrician is great. His name is Dr Graham Hall.
I don't know about the circumcision issue, but I can also vouch for Dr. Hall's general pediatricic awesomeness. I went to him as a child once my former pedi retired and my son now goes to one of the other doctors in that office. Good doctors all around!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM

229 posts, read 672,537 times
If you are in the Med Center area, try Dr. Laura Davis near Methodist Hospital. My son is uncircumcised and has never had a problem there. When we were interviewing doctors before me son was born she seemed relieved that we had decided not to circumcise.

I think most doctors can work with both circumcised and uncircumcised boys.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Unfortunately, when our boys were born it seemed like the thing to do. We hadn't seen the information recommending against it until afterwards.
It's one of those things with kids, you make a mistake and always think about it, hoping it doesn't matter in the end.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,041 times
dr rene ortiz

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM

210 posts, read 502,592 times
Avoid Dr Weise at Pedi Place and go to Dr Ben Smith at Pegasus Pediatrics instead. Dr Smith is an amazing pedi, we went to him after Dr Weise forcibly retracted our son's foreskin (which is an outdated practice for young boys) and caused our son a lot of pain.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
Avoid Dr Weise at Pedi Place and go to Dr Ben Smith at Pegasus Pediatrics instead. Dr Smith is an amazing pedi, we went to him after Dr Weise forcibly retracted our son's foreskin (which is an outdated practice for young boys) and caused our son a lot of pain.
I agree! I had a similar situation when Baby X was at SA Children's Methodist. He was only a newborn and one of the nurses forcibly retracted the foreskin causing him pain and bleeding. I nearly fainted. MR. X had to hold me up and called her out on it. She was snotty and said that we did not know what we were talking about. It was completely unneccessary. I complained to the doctors who harshly reprimanded her. I informed my pediatrician who too filed a complaint.

If you are in the Boerne area try Dr. Sherralyn Woods and if you are in SA Dr. Olga Cajas. Good luck! Most doctors recommend not to pull back the foreskin until they are a year old.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 AM

5 posts, read 6,806 times
I'm more stone oak area. Forcible retraction was the problem I had with his other peds Dr. It seems like a. Lot of the other Drs think that is ok... O_o.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio