Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 AM

29 posts, read 64,912 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can find Maxforce Ant Bait in San Antonio, preferably Northeast or Northwest SA? I didn't see any at HEB, WalMart, or Home Depot.

I ordered some off Amazon, but I might need more (trying to kill pharaoh ants on my own) and I know it must be overpriced online.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,499,498 times
Take this advice from someone who lived in Hawaii for 4 yrs and KNOW ant issues....this is the stuff you want to buy. They do not sell it here (that I know of) but SOOOOOO worth the $$$$ to order!

It is the ONLY things that those of us that lived in Hawaii (where ants NEVER die off because of winter) use. Terro ant killer is the ONLY thing I have ever found to be TOTALLY EFFECTIVE!!!!

Amazon.com: ant killer terro

Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 PM

29 posts, read 64,912 times
They do sell Terro here (which I found after I paid way too much on Amazon) - at Home Depot. I'm using that first. That one targets sweet eating ants and it's my understanding (just from Internet research, granted) that I should use a protein-based ant bait as well for pharoah ants since they'll switch from sweet to protein.

But yes, ditto for the Terro - I've read wonderful things. I put it out last night and they're crazy for it. We'll see how effective it proves in a few days. I want the Maxforce to be safe.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,442,947 times
FYI, I bought some of that Terro Ant Bait at Lowes not too long ago.
I don't know the ants around here by looking at them but I know enough to have a couple of different baits around and alternate them.
I haven't seen ants inside in awhile.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM

293 posts, read 393,132 times
Would these work for sugar ants or tiny black ants? I can not tell what kind we have, I have looked at photos on Orkins site but its hard to tell them apart. I was wanting to use a pest service but most of them requrire a yearly plan which I am figuring is a waste of money since if they are supposed to do a good job, why do they have to come back? I noticed ants that seem to live under the stove and I bleached the cabinets, put all food up and set out little ant baits, I now noticed them in the bathroom along the tub and it creeps me out to where I dont want to go into the kitchen at all or in the bathroom.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,829,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca324 View Post
Would these work for sugar ants or tiny black ants? I can not tell what kind we have, I have looked at photos on Orkins site but its hard to tell them apart. I was wanting to use a pest service but most of them requrire a yearly plan which I am figuring is a waste of money since if they are supposed to do a good job, why do they have to come back? I noticed ants that seem to live under the stove and I bleached the cabinets, put all food up and set out little ant baits, I now noticed them in the bathroom along the tub and it creeps me out to where I dont want to go into the kitchen at all or in the bathroom.
For those the regular 'home defense' type sprays should work fine. There's probably crumbs or something down the side of the stove that they're going for.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 AM

268 posts, read 595,706 times
I also have an ant problem in the kitchen. Never have had that before. I think they may be called crazy ants. They move slowly, but as soon as you try to kill them, they run around very fast all over the place. Would Terro also work on these?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,829,846 times
I might add that if you're having ant problems inside the house, you should also treat the outside as well.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM

293 posts, read 393,132 times
I have tried a few ant sprays, they seem to work for a day but then I look real close and can see a few coming up the back wall the stove is on, I want to spray under the stove but it only moves out a few feet and im afraid to move the stove out further with the gas lines and all but I want the whole nest removed. We replaced our whole tub 2 years ago and under the tub was a small ant pile which was shocking and we just vaccumed it up. I would like to do the same for the stove but cant move it all the way out n sprays just do not seem to work after a few days so I was wondering if theres something stronger or would I really have to have someone come out and do it.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,442,947 times
Spraying ants only makes them reproduce faster in response.
If you want to get rid of the nest you need to find a bait they will take back to their queen and kill her.
Then once that's done find a residual spray to keep them from coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: