U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 6,385 times

Advertisements

I live in San Antonio but...... May be relocating to Bandera for a job. Does anyone know anything with regards to housing? I haven't found much and its a good job. ANy help would be great. I am looking for an apartment. I am new to this forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM

8,399 posts, read 21,015,171 times
Not a lot out there, and I doubt it's gonna be cheap; but there's really not a lot of options commuting-wise now are there?!?

Still, it's a nice town and if the job's right, it will be worth the while!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,036,106 times
I own a house out there. Lived there for 13 years. Don't think there are any apartments but you could rent a house fairly reasonably from what I've seen on the market. IM me if you want to know who the good realtors are. There are good areas and some that are not so much so be careful of where you decide to settle

Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM

680 posts, read 1,630,982 times
Boerne is pretty close and will have a decent rental market. Bandera is a great little town and some of the most beautiful scenery in the Hill Country. I'm sure you could rent a darling little house in the country for a reasonable price. CRenaud, I'd love to hear exactly where you think the "bad" areas of Bandera are??

Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_toast View Post
Boerne is pretty close and will have a decent rental market. Bandera is a great little town and some of the most beautiful scenery in the Hill Country. I'm sure you could rent a darling little house in the country for a reasonable price. CRenaud, I'd love to hear exactly where you think the "bad" areas of Bandera are??
Mostly areas out by the lake down PR 37. It's pretty trashy IMO but there are good areas out there too. It's just spotty. I love the town itself though

Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM

74 posts, read 153,760 times
I wouldn't call the lake and PR37 as part of Bandera. More like Pipe Creek or Lakehills.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM

3,958 posts, read 5,005,470 times
That would be the Lakehills area you're talking about. It's in Bandera Co., but fairly far from the town of Bandera. The town of Bandera is down Hwy. 16 past Pipe Creek. I live off Park Rd. 37 in a corner part of NE Medina Co. myself and I've noticed a few people get confused between Medina Co. and the town of Medina (I don't live near it), not to mention there's Medina River and Medina Lake.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,745,992 times
Default R.V. Parks in Bandera,

There are two, one right in town, next to the downtown park that are very reasonable to live in.
Curious park regulation put in force in that city there. An R.V. owner parked there must always be able to move their R.V. within 24 Hrs notice because the flooding from the river could either flood damage or even sweep the thing away. And hit a bridge.
The river can rise very,very quickly. I was told by the manager there just last Wed. that one travel trailer had floated away and damaged a bridge there.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM

Lakehills and Pipecreeck feed into Bandera ISD so I consider both apart of Bandera. Again, really nice areas just know there are some that aren't so nice

Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM

3 posts, read 6,385 times
I am going tomorrow to look around and hope to get a feel of the area. Small safe quiet and clean is what I am looking for as far as a place to live :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio