Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM

349 posts, read 422,179 times

Advertisements

I'm still trying to figure out what religious principle is against wearing an id tag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity View Post
Maybe these RFID tags should work outside of the schools so that there would be an easy way to know who is attending these brawls. In any case, this incident sheds some light on why this school may have been the first to implement this type of system.
RFID is a pretty short range system, in order to track these kids off campus the readers would have to be numerous and all over the place.

It's not going to happen.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 AM

475 posts, read 1,094,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
RFID is a pretty short range system, in order to track these kids off campus the readers would have to be numerous and all over the place.

It's not going to happen.
Yes, of course you are right. My point was to reinforce why I the district may have chosen the school(s) they chose for this pilot project.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity View Post
Maybe these RFID tags should work outside of the schools so that there would be an easy way to know who is attending these brawls. In any case, this incident sheds some light on why this school may have been the first to implement this type of system.
They are not related.

Also for a brawl I did not even see one punch thrown.

I think the news is sensationalizing. They should also have better policies at SAPD when it comes to using mace on crowds of juveniles.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I think the news is sensationalizing. They should also have better policies at SAPD when it comes to using mace on crowds of juveniles.
So, condoning criminal acts again, are you?

If the crowd of juveniles were ignoring the orders of the police, they were breaking the law and area lucky if the only result of it was some mace sprayed in their faces. They should have been arrested.

And yes, if my teenage son was involved, I would still feel that way.

But we all know what side you take, so I'm sure there will be a witty retort on the side of the offending juveniles!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
So, condoning criminal acts again, are you?

If the crowd of juveniles were ignoring the orders of the police, they were breaking the law and area lucky if the only result of it was some mace sprayed in their faces. They should have been arrested.

And yes, if my teenage son was involved, I would still feel that way.

But we all know what side you take, so I'm sure there will be a witty retort on the side of the offending juveniles!
I just saw a cop car pull up super fast like rambo and begin to spray mace on kids. Did the news do a good cut job on the edit?

It is up to their parents but they probably don't even know, sadly.

I would make issue with it, it doesn't matter what side of town it is, cops should not do that to children. The school administration should punish their students and prevent these type of gatherings without the use of mace. Even if not on campus it happens shortly after an egress. The Romans built Coliseums so those in attendance would safely exit and not be a threat to each other or those on the paths home.

Let me guess, your advice is to call the SAFFE unit?

Last edited by Merovee; 01-18-2013 at 02:03 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
I just saw a cop car pull up super fast like rambo and begin to spray mace on kids. Did the news do a good cut job on the edit?

It is up to their parents but they probably don't even know, sadly.

I would make issue with it, it doesn't matter what side of town it is, cops should not do that to children. The school administration should punish their students and prevent these type of gatherings without the use of mace. Even if not on campus it happens shortly after an egress. The Romans built .
*Masculine female alert* "Children" ???? I'm sorry, when someone says "children" I picture innocent small people, playing in the park, being sweet. That's NOT what is portrayed here at all and for you to defend their behavior and admonish the actions of the police speaks volumes about what a girly man you really are. It's more and more apparent every time you post. Go ahead and report the post, I feel better having typed it. Hopefully you read it before it's gone. Pathetic.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
*Masculine female alert* "Children" ???? I'm sorry, when someone says "children" I picture innocent small people, playing in the park, being sweet. That's NOT what is portrayed here at all and for you to defend their behavior and admonish the actions of the police speaks volumes about what a girly man you really are. It's more and more apparent every time you post. Go ahead and report the post, I feel better having typed it. Hopefully you read it before it's gone. Pathetic.
They are juveniles.

Every use should at least be documented on video and it should never be used as a first resort.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
They are juveniles.

Every use should at least be documented on video and it should never be used as a first resort.
So you were there?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
So you were there?
Just saying I hope that is happening or it should be happening. The news video made it seem otherwise.

Hope you have a good afternoon if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio