Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,061,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
What do you people think a bachelors in Business should afford you? Most of the calls center jobs pay way more than people in city date would know.
Financially or opportunistically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,368 times
Quote:
Why don't you put a source for you stats?

It says they will be hiring F/A's.

The average pay for the Finacial Advisor at USAA is over 55K...

USAA Financial Advisor Salary | Glassdoor
From numerous people who work there. The financial advising area (member advice and solutions) is not nearly as busy as the claims, insurance, and banking areas. Again, majority of new hires will be call center reps working with insurance and banking. You think they are going to be sticking underwriters, analysts, and financial advisors away from the main office in leased space? That is doubtful in my opinion.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
To be fair, it says 3500 jobs...up to 1000 of which will be located in SA and up to 1000 in Phoenix...we just don't know at this point which jobs will be in SA.

Well considering Phoenix has the same demographics and about the same education attainment I cant imagine all the better paying jobs would be put in that center. They have a huge F/A department here in San Antonio as my aunt is one and I have to friends that are also F/A's for USAA.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...able2metro.xls

Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Well considering Phoenix has the same demographics and about the same education attainment I cant imagine all the better paying jobs would be put in that center. They have a huge F/A department here in San Antonio as my aunt is one and I have to friends that are also F/A's for USAA.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...able2metro.xls
..and we still don't know where the other 1500 jobs will be placed. Can we just agree that we are not sure where these (the better paying) jobs (at least the lions share of these jobs) will be placed as of now? Could be SA...could be Phoenix...could be somewhere else.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
..and we still don't know where the other 1500 jobs will be placed. Can we just agree that we are not sure where these (the better paying) jobs (at least the lions share of these jobs) will be placed as of now? Could be SA...could be Phoenix...could be somewhere else.

I agree we don't know where the best jobs will be located but is pretty insane to say, "oh gee more 12-15 dollar an hour jobs coming to San Antonio…"

Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 AM

TXEX06 says he/she has heard it from people that work there. If it was at the C level, then I would tend to believe it. Middle management or rank and file cubicle monkey level, I would tend to be skeptical.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:11 PM

10 posts, read 21,499 times
what holidays do you get paid for at usaa? also what are the opportunities for advancement at usaa?

Old 09-06-2014, 04:36 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,234,112 times
Just about every holiday the government is a USAA holiday. Advancement depends on you and your work ethic. If show up to work every day, and work hard it will be noticed, and you will get promotions.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:02 PM

10 posts, read 21,499 times
I have an interview for the financial foundations associate position at usaa next fri. I have already taken a drug test and my background check is being done. Does this mean that I pretty much have the job? Also what questions should i expect to be asked at the interview?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:06 PM

584 posts, read 1,192,431 times
Holidays are the standard holiday. We do not get all holidays the government get (i.e, presidents day, MLK, veterans day, etc.). You get 3 flex days at the beginning of each year and then each quarter you get a floating holiday. If you want the holidays mentioned above you use PTO (paid time off) or one of those days. Flex days and floating holidays do not roll over to the next year so you always use these days before your PTO. PTO is a lump amount. It is vacation and sick time. You do not have separate buckets of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio