Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 PM

21 posts, read 37,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I don't agree, hoho - in this instance, the perp is possibly still inside, with children in the car outside. You (and they) are safe. Call cops, be prepared in case they come out the front door or attempt to flank you - but there's nothing but "lose" by entering the house without backup.
so her sitting in her "locked car" will protect here when they exit.

she should of left the scene and called the cops. not sit in the driveway with the doors locked.
but yes she should not enter.
I would personally go to my neighbors house sit on the roof (after i called the cops) and have target practice.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,987 times
You may be the one getting shot if you try and get on your neighbor's roof and they're not home. Most of you like to talk big....but I'd love to see you in a live "situation"...trust me, you think differently.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
hoho.....yeah, I'd be in the driveway - in a position to flee if needed, but hoping to observe 'em if they DO bail out to be able to give the PD a good description if possible. Depending on the situation, I'd likely back across the street into the neighbors' driveway so I'd be positioned to simply drive away.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,934 times
Let's say the person sitting outside eating was conceal carrying, can he discharge his firearm from the table and shoot at the suspect vehicle? Are you allowed to shoot at people out in public attempting to break into your vehicle while conceal carrying?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
My wife and I were having lunch on the outdoor patio of a local restaurant. We hear the sound of glass breaking. Seeing a SUV stop, we and the table next to us , think the vehicle has hit his bumper and is leaving a note. 30 seconds later the SUV departs. The patron next to us walked to his truck to see if there were any damage.

He had been robbed!

His window, away from us, was broken- his briefcase and laptop stolen-all within 15 feet of us. We were all stunned at the brazen act.

I am sick and tired of hearing that human rights trump property rights. The vermin should have been shot. The thieves violated our safe place and stole the "work product" of a productive member of society. Months of work were gone. Don't even try to tell me he was in the wrong for not backing up his efforts.

They obviously were not in school, going to a trade school, or reading to their pre-K offsprings.
WilGar,
I am curious, where did this happen?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
i am sure the crook meant well, probably gave it to charity. the owner probably didnt earn that stuff on his own. it is only fair to share the wealth.....##^& that, i say leave your stuff in the front, while you wait in the back seat. Like a stakeout from TV. once the glass breaks, shoot to maim. The cops do these stakeouts on TV, you should bait the thief and shoot once he takes the bait.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM

265 posts, read 534,503 times
A personal pet peeve of mine is when people claim they were robbed, when in fact their property, ie home, vehicle, work place had been burlarized.

Someone tells me "I've been robbed!" My instant reaction is: Are you injured? Do you need an ambulance? I'll call the police. Did you get a description of the person(s) who robbed you? Which way did he/she go? Vehicle?

When a person is robbed, its person vs person. A confrontation between the robber and victim takes place. The robber in the course of committing the act of theft and with intent to obtain or maintain control of property not belonging to robber, intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or intentionally or knowingly threatens or places another in fear of imminent bodily injury or death.

When a house, or workplace has been burglarized and its person vs property. There is no confrontation between perpetrator and victim. A burglary is committed if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person: (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault; or (2) remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation; or (3) enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.

When a vehicle has been burglarized A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, he breaks into or enters a vehicle or any part of a vehicle with intent to commit any felony or theft. "Enter" means to intrude: (1) any part of the body; or any physical object connected with the body.

A carjacking is technically a robbery.
Home invasions (with an resident present) is a robbery

By statute, it is impossible to have your house or vehicle robbed if no one was at home or in the vehicle at the time the offense occurred.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 AM

61,707 posts, read 87,101,195 times
As this thread continues it seems I need to remind you guys to stay respectful, calm and on topic.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM

20 posts, read 35,872 times
I want an alarm kit that will release tear-gas in the vehicle, rather than some annoying chirp that NO BODY ever pays attention to... Of course in a litigious society, I would be sued by the thief!!

Beware of Ihop @ San Pedro 281/Brookhollow; next to Alamo Cafe.
Sunday morning @ 11am, my truck (with alarm) was broken into while patrons enjoyed there pancakes on the outside patio; NO BODY cared to acknowledge the car alarm going off... Just more background noise.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx2012 View Post
Beware of Ihop @ San Pedro 281/Brookhollow; next to Alamo Cafe.
Sunday morning @ 11am, my truck (with alarm) was broken into while patrons enjoyed there pancakes on the outside patio; NO BODY cared to acknowledge the car alarm going off... Just more background noise.

Hardburger Park two weekends ago, 5 vehicles were broken into by smashing out windows.
Pappadeaux.. My lock was popped out
Quarry. My lock was popped out the second time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio