Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,806,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
But they already told him/her they were going to charge for an exam even though the dog had just had one.
Missed that. Ask them to waive the exam fee. I've done that before with no problem.

Hopefully they're more interested in a long term relationship than nickel and dimeing you over an exam fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,910,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Missed that. Ask them to waive the exam fee. I've done that before with no problem.

Hopefully they're more interested in a long term relationship than nickel and dimeing you over an exam fee.
Exactly. My dentist's office is very close to losing us (and we have EXCELLENT dental insurance for another year anyway) over my having to cancel my husband's appt's--he travels, sometimes unexpectedly and their time of course is way more valuable than ours....we often sit and wait 30 minutes or more past our scheduled time and we don't get compensated. These "professionals" need to take a harder look at their customer service and common-sense practices or I have no trouble leaving them for greener pastures. There's a dentist on every corner.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM

114 posts, read 160,051 times
Thank you all for your suggestions. I hadn't heard of a mobile clinic for vaccinations before, so I've been looking at the links. We'll probably use one of them. If our dog weren't healthy or she needed a well-dog exam, we would take her to see the vet. I don't see the need to have an exam every six months when she needs these shots. I don't take my kids in for well child exams twice a year; why would I do it for the dog?

Unfortunately, I don't believe the vet clinic will waive the exam fee. I didn't ask about it specifically. I was very incredulous, though, when the receptionist told me my dog needed an exam and the fact it doubled the cost of the shots, but she didn't back down about the requirement. THinking about it further, though...it might be worth the question. I can only be told "no."

Sapphire, I have noticed since moving here there really is a dentist on every corner (an sometimes 2 on a corner!) I was concerned about remembering which corner my new dentist would be on, but she's not on a corner! (The corners all looked the same to me when we first arrived and I couldn't remember which corner a lot of things were on.)

Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,717,376 times
I wish that I could remember specifically the name of it, but there is a place on Military that is just a vaccination only clinic and that's where I took puppies that I had to find homes for for that very reason. They just needed the shots. I imagine it might be too far for you though.

I used to use a vet on Basse (Affordable Pet Care) and I don't remember them charging for an office visit unless the animal needed to be "seen", but for example, just to come in for flea treatment there was no office visit.

I guess my point is, there are places that are more reasonable on this than others. Also, office visits amounts can vary wildly from vet to vet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio